Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkQuestions

Question about mylite12578

Collector Alvingo private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I just bought mylite 2 for my 8 x 10 photos.they fit perfect and it has a 1 1/2 flap. My question now is I have a magazine who has 1/2 inch taller. Can I still use the flap to cover the top even though it exceeded the sleeve. I do have backing boards with it. I don't want to spend another pack which I only use one for the magazine.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
You could use it like that; just your magazine will not be as well protected as it would be with fully enclosed with the proper size.

Welcome to the forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks! Another quick question I have is the mylars I put them on a binder and stick them using corners in a polypropylene sleve and then Close them they won't have problem breathing?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Do the corner clips have adhesive and you are sticking them onto the album pages?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yes They stick and are all archival corners and albums
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Alvingo they should breath fine. By no means am I telling you what to do, but Just curious; why put the Mylar sleeve in poly? They would present much nicer Without the poly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Alvingo I would like to suggest some other options for you. I would be nervous that your corner clips could fall off or come loose. You could put the Mylar sleeves holding the photos into some of Bags Unlimited Acid Free Archival clamshell boxes. I love these durable boxes and with the clamshell style you can open the box up all the way and easily sort through to get to different prints.

I also like Itoya portfolios for my bigger prints that I want to sell at shows. I prefer the ones that can zip up. Both the ones I am showing here are for 18x24 prints. I also use top loaders when I set up at shows but I do not like that they are not archival. I want to say that I do love Mylar for my comic books. I usually use E Gerber Mylite 2 with half or sometimes full backs.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Alvingo I would like to suggest some other options for you. I would be nervous that your corner clips could fall off or come loose. You could put the Mylar sleeves holding the photos into some of Bags Unlimited Acid Free Archival clamshell boxes. I love these durable boxes and with the clamshell style you can open the box up all the way and easily sort through to get to different prints.

I also like Itoya portfolios for my bigger prints that I want to sell at shows. I prefer the ones that can zip up. Both the ones I am showing here are for 18x24 prints. I also use top loaders when I set up at shows but I do not like that they are not archival. I want to say that I do love Mylar for my comic books. I usually use E Gerber Mylite 2 with half or sometimes full backs.

thanks for the advice unfortunately I have bigger corners archival corners that I'm going to change them maybe 1 1/2 size. I was looking for an option for a 11 x 14 binder with mylar sleeves unfortunately I can't find any. So that's why I decided to do that since I have so many different sizes of photos. My storage acid box just arrive too

Post 8 IP   flag post
It just didn't have the ph like what you have :-(
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Alvingo they should breath fine. By no means am I telling you what to do, but Just curious; why put the Mylar sleeve in poly? They would present much nicer Without the poly.

Yes I was looking for a binder with mylar but couldn't find them in 11 x 14.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601262 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?