Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

My Wolverine collection - thoughts, anything missing, pedigree worthy?12563

Collector HULK2K20 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a catalog of my Wolverine collection that I've spent the last 20 years building:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s8vJO26smvSL8elTVLZPa9m4eHypg_yXqIEk6zrTEIU/edit?usp=sharing

It's primarily his various solo series and a few tangential on-going series. If I'm missing a variant, please let me know. It's a sickness that just enables Marvel/Diamond to continue this predatory practice, I know. I'm sorry...

If you have any suggestions on which books to submit for slabbing, that'd be appreciated.

Also if there's strong interest in a visual tour (i.e. photos of the collection), I'd be open to doing that albeit it'd probably take a long time to photograph each one considering how many I have.

Final question, would a collection like this be worthy of consideration as a pedigree? This is more of a curiosity since the definition is a little vague: "Lots of people agree in the community that it should be one". Everything is very high grade. Books prior to 1999 were purchased from online retailers and eBay. Everything 1999 and afterwards were purchased by me at the LCS and occasionally online for things the various LCSs didn't have.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Not really a pedigree type collection. Pedigrees typically consist of full runs of multiple titles, sometimes across publishers, in very high grade. Also, pedigree collection collections consist of books purchased off the racks, as they say, and not from the secondary market. In other words, no one else could have owned the issue before you purchased it from a retail book seller.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Not to say that it isn't an impressive collection. It is.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mikeoliver1313 private msg quote post Address this user
Where is the issue of Hulk 181 at? 🤷‍♂️
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector HULK2K20 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Not really a pedigree type collection. Pedigrees typically consist of full runs of multiple titles, sometimes across publishers, in very high grade. Also, pedigree collection collections consist of books purchased off the racks, as they say, and not from the secondary market. In other words, no one else could have owned the issue before you purchased it from a retail book seller.

Ah. I'm definitely missing that part. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoliver1313
Where is the issue of Hulk 181 at? 🤷‍♂️

Hulk 180, 181, and 182 are in the "key issues" tab.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600811 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?