Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

NHL is back!12525

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Been basking all morning and afternoon watching back to back hockey games.

Great action and most importantly, no political agendas being shoved in my face. Refreshing! Bet you can guess what sports i am not watching.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Watching NYI vs FL. Tornado warning in the area caused the weather boy to cut in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I wish Toronto had a team.......
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Watching the Chi Edm game and man it like were the defense at. Love that the sport is back and hope Penguins can win tonight.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

The Marlies still play in Toronto?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
The wait is over. It's good to have it back. Go Bruins.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

The Marlies still play in Toronto?

Ha!! They would be an improvement!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Well, since they don’t face the Bruins in this round I suspect they will make it to the next round.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Watching the Chi Edm game and man it like were the defense at. Love that the sport is back and hope Penguins can win tonight.

Not having seen all the teams yet, Islanders and Black hawks look most ready to play.

Rangers strategy looks all wrong. Heavy is not for a best 3 of 5 especially in the first game where past history dictates the winner wins 81% of they time. Way too early to try to wear your opponent down. Especially when they just had 4 months off.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley nbcsn time
Post 10 IP   flag post
D@mnit - break in the action. Gotta wait another hour till Montreal / Pittsburgh game. I thought they said constant games?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
D@mnit - break in the action. Gotta wait another hour till Montreal / Pittsburgh game. I thought they said constant games?
I’m looking forward to this one. It’ll be the first “new” hockey I’ve seen this year.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, hockey is the only sport I really watch. My Islanders looked good today. Really weird watching hockey in August, not that I’m complaining.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I think the NHL missed a HUGE opportunity. They should have just acquiesced to Canada at in April/May and started playoffs at that time with players sequestered up in Canada. They would have been the only game on earth and just crushed the ratings and probably added a cr@p ton of new fans.

Stanley cup would have been won in mid to late july and the 20/21 season could start on time.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I think they said constant games but on 3 networks to watch. Only have bunny ears so another 10 minutes to watch the Montreal/Pittsburgh game. Yeah its odd to hear games in August. Heck it should still be offseason/trades and such. No compliant from me just happy we will have a winner for the Cup this season.☺
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in Texas. Hockey is NOT a thing here. I feel you, though. I'm the same with MLB starting back up.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Puckster I am from Texas as well. I love all sports Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Futbol, and others. Hockey is not as big like are neighbors up North but its a great sport nonetheless. Hope you are doing well with everthing going in the state. Have a tied game now could go either way.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Only have bunny ears so another 10 minutes to watch the Montreal/Pittsburgh game

Wow, bunny ears! I remember a time when using an antenae to pick up programming for free seemed like a normal and permanent part of life. But now it's been so long, I had no idea it was still possible, almost forgot there was ever such a time.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Puckster i used to be a huge baseball fan....but the overpaid ..... not worth my time so i will stop typing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
I'm in Texas. Hockey is NOT a thing here. I feel you, though. I'm the same with MLB starting back up.

Someone in Dallas liked hockey enough to move the Stars down there. Yes, we have the Wild now, but I lost interest when Minnesota lost the Stars.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I was visiting friends in Lubbock years ago when they had a minor league team for a short time. Went to a game and it was actually fun.
As far as the Stars, they were apparently liked enough by Pantera (from Dallas) for them to write a fight song for them.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Yes!! Les Canadiens!!!

Actually I normally don't care for NHL - I like the Olympic or international game better - larger ice, more skill, less fighting and less general chippy sh!t all around.

I also don't have a dog in this pony race - My loyalty goes as follows:

I root for Canadian teams first....once they are gone then it goes to original 6 then if needed the expansion teams from 67 through the 70's (used to love the whalers and the north stars - my loyalty does not follow once they move! -but at least Dallas kept part of the name)
Post 22 IP   flag post
@KatKomics My Duck didn’t make the show, but even though i grew up in California, the Bruins were my team and go figure one of my sons is a leafs fan, and it is nice that they are facing each other...yet. On top of that hockey rocks and is the coolest game on earth.
Post 23 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I'm finding it difficult to care until the real Round 1 begins.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

I get that, but even though there are two sets of games with the top 4 in each conference playing round robin and the remaining 16 playing best of 5 to get to the round 2 or real round 1, I dare say the All Games Matter. The best of 5 for obvious reasons while the round robin is important because not only do those teams play for the subtle home ice advantages(faceoff, line change, etc.), they are also play for placement, and most importantly, real game tune-ups.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
First game for the Caps is today. When I looked at the schedule, I did a double take when seeing the game was at 3pm CT on a weekday. Then remembered that with no fans, they can play these games whenever they want.

Good think I'm still working from home and no one can see I'm sitting on my couch watching the game while I'm "working".
Post 26 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

I get that, but even though there are two sets of games with the top 4 in each conference playing round robin and the remaining 16 playing best of 5 to get to the round 2 or real round 1, I dare say the All Games Matter. The best of 5 for obvious reasons while the round robin is important because not only do those teams play for the subtle home ice advantages(faceoff, line change, etc.), they are also play for placement, and most importantly, real game tune-ups.

Don't get me wrong, I watched probably 5 games this weekend. I wish they'd leave politics out of the game, though. I'm tuning in to NHL, not the nightly news.

The games just don't feel 'real' to me. Different format would take some getting used to. In that vain, I also had a fearful thought last night, "if they see this as a success, what if they adopt an expanded playoff format going forward...?" That would not make me happy.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I would hate expanded PO schedule. After 4 month layoff and season cut short it makes sense, but not otherwise.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I think this first round should have been a 1 game wild card to make it more exciting and not drag out. I watched some of Bruins and Flyers game but that was it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips That was was tough game to watch. I thought Rangers Carolina was the best game of the weekend.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?