Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector r_kruss private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent eight comics in for grading. Does anyone know if they will be assigned en masse to the same graders, or do they get individually assigned? Just curious . . .
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Multiple graders should assess each book

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS Website
Each book is checked to make sure they are complete, as each page is counted, checking for missing panels, coupons and pieces. The grader will then take notes of any defects that could affect the books grade or will note any defect that may be hidden or hard to see. The grader will also do another check for restoration and then choose a page quality and a grade from ranging from 0.1 up to 10, with 10 being the highest grade a book can receive.

To make sure one grader does not influence another grader, any grade chosen remains hidden from all of the next graders. When the finalizer gets the book, the process is repeated, and compares the chosen grade to the other grades already assigned to the book. If the grades match, or are reasonably close, the book will receive a final grade. If the grades do not match, the book will be passed to another grader (or even other graders) until a consensus of the final grade has been selected.

The invoice is then sent to encapsulation.

Whether the same group of graders assesses every book in an order is unknown but I think it is unlikely
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks. I was just wondering if Grader A gets all the books I sent in, if his/her impression of one book might influence his/her grade of the rest, knowing the same person sent them all in. And the same would go for Grader B and C, etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@r_kruss Graders have no idea whose books they're grading. I don't even think they know if the books are from the same batch.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That makes sense, just didn't know for sure. Thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
A minimum of two graders look at each book.
Post 6 IP   flag post
601512 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?