Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Comics/Books that you now have in your collection that are irreplaceable12494

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, if you lost or sold a certain comic/book in your collection would you be able to find it again in the same high grade condition or is it virtually irreplaceable??
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

This book is in the top 6 of the census last time I looked. It rarely ever comes up for sale in high grade. I doubt this book could ever be replaced even if you had the funds.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I sold my JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 83 (grade about 9.0-9.2) for $80.00 in 1978 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-15 (grades were from 4-7 for $525.00 and a complete set of RAT PATROL cards in 1980. I needed the money back then. I'm still crying over it too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

This book is in the top 6 of the census last time I looked. It rarely ever comes up for sale in high grade. I doubt this book could ever be replaced even if you had the funds.

Wow - That's impressive
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Incredible book!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Not a key, but highest on CBCS census and tied with 6 other 9.6 copies on CGC census. It is also the only copy with Exceptional White pages.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Not a key, but highest on CBCS census and tied with 6 other 9.6 copies on CGC census. It is also the only copy with Exceptional White pages.

NOT easy to replace, if even possible!
Post 9 IP   flag post
For me it is not comics, but books/Treasuries...

I could NEVER find this book..Batman from the 30's to the 70's in such nice condition, it just does not exist. Dust jacket perfect, white pages.

And these Treasuries...

2 more Treasuries from esaravo, could 2 more perfect copies ever be found??

Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Basically, all of my pedigree books and my GSX #1 signed by Dave Cockrum. There's typically only one book of any given pedigree and once it's gone, you'd have to buy the same copy again to get it back.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is my only 9.8 Silver Age comic. It's highest on CBCS and tied with 17 on the CGC census. If I never get a 9.9 or 10.0 on a modern that I submit, at least I was able to get this on a SA comic that I submitted. I doubt I will ever see another 9.8 on a SA book that I submit (but would be thrilled to see another one). I could probably replace it with another 9.8 graded copy, but I could never find another ungraded one in the wild.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This is my only 9.8 Silver Age comic. It's highest on CBCS and tied with 17 on the CGC census. If I never get a 9.9 or 10.0 on a modern that I submit, at least I was able to get this on a SA comic that I submitted. I doubt I will ever see another 9.8 on a SA book that I submit (but would be thrilled to see another one). I could probably replace it with another 9.8 graded copy, but I could never find another ungraded one in the wild.

I didn’t know that was possible
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
My newly acquired Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog 4. First appearance of Detective Chimp. These almost never show up and while it could be replaced, with only 8 on the cgc census and the higher grade copies of this series scarce to begin with, this would be tough to replace.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not so much the price but the signatures (that I got in person!) make it irreplaceable, although I did get this for about $50 waaaaayyy back when.

Could use a press - thinking of sending it in with some others that I didn't press first time around...

Post 15 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased my AF15 for $2400 six years ago. I seriously doubt I could replace it today. Well, I could, but there's no way in hell I would.

Same with my Hulk 181, purchased for $120 thirty one years ago. Again, I could, but I wouldn't.

I have over 400 comics, art, and merch signed by Mike Royer. THAT'S certainly irreplaceable.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

I have over 400 comics, art, and merch signed by Mike Royer. THAT'S certainly irreplaceable.

I agree, it's good to be friends with talent!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I purchased my AF15 for $2400 six years ago. I seriously doubt I could replace it today. Well, I could, but there's no way in hell I would.

Same with my Hulk 181, purchased for $120 thirty one years ago. Again, I could, but I wouldn't.

I bought my HULK 181 off the newsstand for cover price. CBCS graded it at an 8.0. I don't think I could replace it at it's cover price or even for a couple of grand.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Surfer #4 CBCS 7.5 VSP - Signed by the entire creative team of Stan Lee, John Buscema, and Sal Buscema.

There are certainly higher grades, but how many are signed and verified by the entire creative team?
And aint no one getting 2 of those 3 legends anymore.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If money is not a factor, these five are the ones that I would not be able to replace.

First up are 2 Brazilian Rambo comics signed by the author of "First Blood", David Morrell. Mr. Morrell is 77 now, so it's hard to say how many more book signings he will do. And the Brazilian Rambos are hard books to find even with connections.

The third book is a Captain America sketch cover done by Tommy Castillo. Tommy is no longer with us, so there will be no more sketch covers by him. I talked to his widow, Sammy, and she was pretty sure that Tommy did not do many Captain America sketch covers. This may be the only one he did. Tommy was known for his Batman and Joker drawings. Plus, this comic was a gift to me from a friend.

As many of you know, I received a CBCS Captain America #34 9.8 Alex Ross as a gift from a couple forum members here. So while the book COULD theoretically be replaced, I would be devastated if I lost it!!

And finally, a CBCS Star Wars #1 sketch cover done by a facebook friend of mine. There are many reasons this one is special to me. It was given to me in a care package from a friend after my mom had died. I got the Facebook friend to sketch Boba Fett and Aurra Sing on it. He then sent to CBCS and while it was there, waiting to get graded. CBCS announced the ART label. I called CBCS and this book was the first book to get the ART label. So yeah, this one couldn't be replaced either.

Post 20 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

This is one book that could never be replaced. Only copy I've seen since getting back into comics in 2007. Only copy my local comic shop guy who is a over street advisor who I got the book off originally has ever seen. And he has had a lot of Australian comics pass thru his shop when he had it.
Though it's not high grade I don't think there is another surviving copy left in existence.
What also makes these books harder to find still intact and in good condition is the cover is news print.
Post 22 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I know I'm restating basically what you've already said, @Bronte, but I'm always hunting for high grade SA/BA DCs and I've never seen a Tec #298 in that high a grade come up for sale. VERY nice and you're right... damn near irreplaceable.
Post 23 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@esaravo Those colors just POP, Ed. Really sharp.
Post 24 IP   flag post
For me, primarily because of the cost, it would be this one:

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Pedigree copies and certain autographs would obviously be impossible or very difficult to replace. Bound file copies are pretty hard to come by:

Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 books that are irreplaceable. The first one is Batman Adventures 12, this one I bought for cover price for my kids and they wanted nothing to do with it so I left it in the original bag and stored it a way and promptly forgot about it. By some strange Coincidence this is the only book I own of that title and it came back a nice grade.
(Sorry about the terrible picture it’s dark in the room and difficult to retrieve it from its place)

The next one is super special. I bought it for what was at that time the most I had ever paid for a book, about 35 dollars then I had Stan Lee autograph it at a local sports and comics show. I love it.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp, That's an awesome collection.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Thanks😊! It is a work in progress.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp, can i ask a question? how did you acquire these. What's your source or are there several? I din't even know they existed in this format until I saw your posts. I would love such a collection.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?