Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestionsWant to Buy

Comic Wall Mounts/Frame12488

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

Is there any place where you can find the comic wall mounts/comic book frame wall mounts for a reasonable price? I want a lot of them for a reasonable price.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@hogan36 I get mine on Amazon (I have Prime, which makes it a slightly better deal than buying directly from the merchant because the shipping is free): https://www.amazon.com/Comic-Mount-Shelf-Invisible-Adjustable/dp/B07CH37WG9/ref=sr_1_2?crid=9X8XTOTR5KQU&dchild=1&keywords=comic+book+mount&qid=1595958548&sprefix=comic+book+mou%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-2
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
If you’re handy with a table saw, you could do what I did. I originally bought 3 of the plastic comic hangers, but wasn’t happy with them so made theses instead.

This is basically a 2x4 (8ft length) that I cut and made some notches in them, so you can easily display, and switch out, any slabs you want.

I have another set on the other wall, but with hanging hardware, I think it cost me $12 and about an hour of time.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@monjoody that looks nice.

@hogan36 Are you looking to display slabs or raw books? I haven’t used the mounts @lawguy1977 Mentioned, but you can also get acrylic floating book shelves pretty cheap. Personally I would opt for acrylic shelves for raw books. One “oops” with the wall mount and your raw book is toast.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@monjoody Unfortunately, I don't have a table saw and I'm definitely not handy. Those shelves are awesome, by the way.

@HulkSmash The acrylic shelves is a cool idea, and I might look into swapping out the mounts for those. I found these online and look like a good option too.

https://www.amazon.com/CY-craft-Floating-Invisible-Bookshelf/dp/B07SRRG81G/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&qid=1595965362&refinements=p_n_feature_twenty_browse-bin%3A3254114011&s=furniture&sr=1-3
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen people using J channel - like $5 for 10 feet of the stuff - might need to buy a pair of metal shears to cut to length.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 there are different depths as well. this one has a 1.5” ledge.

clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
600870 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?