Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Got some books in today! Just keep in mind I'm not the wealthiest of fellas and just having the book in any condition makes me happy! A better grade is always good, but I love the way they look in the slabs regardless.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Great books.

Congrats!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I had those books. Congrats!
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Those are incredibly amazing and fantastic books!! Thanks for spotlighting them here!

Your books:

My joke:
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
You certainly have an eye for key issues. Congrats!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
This is such a great male call. I'm stoked for you!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Great books.

Congrats!

Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I wish I had those books. Congrats!
thank you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Those are incredibly amazing and fantastic books!! Thanks for spotlighting them here!

Your books:

My joke:

Lol thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
You certainly have an eye for key issues. Congrats!

Thanks! Key issues on discount!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalphoto
Nice books!
thanks!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
This is such a great male call. I'm stoked for you!
thank you!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicbookzach Awsum!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I would take those ANYTIME! Congrats!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm right there with you. I'm trying to fill in a bunch of holes in my ASM collection. At this point, I'll take what I can get on those early ones myself. Wish I had those right there.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookzach
Just keep in mind I'm not the wealthiest of fellas and just having the book in any condition makes me happy! A better grade is always good, but I love the way they look in the slabs regardless.

I think we've let that number on the slab become way to important to our enjoyment of this hobby. And I count myself in that group as well. I have to remember that when I started collecting 38 years ago it wasn't because I enjoyed owning numbers on a slab, it was because I enjoyed searching for and owning certain comic books. Lord knows that without the number on the slab telling me how to feel about it I would get no more pleasure from owning a 4.5 than I would from owning a 3.5...or even a 9.8 vs a 9.4.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
I'm right there with you. I'm trying to fill in a bunch of holes in my ASM collection. At this point, I'll take what I can get on those early ones myself. Wish I had those right there.

Random comic shops and eBay auctions and lots of luck is how I got these couple.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookzach
Just keep in mind I'm not the wealthiest of fellas and just having the book in any condition makes me happy! A better grade is always good, but I love the way they look in the slabs regardless.

I think we've let that number on the slab become way to important to our enjoyment of this hobby. And I count myself in that group as well. I have to remember that when I started collecting 38 years ago it wasn't because I enjoyed owning numbers on a slab, it was because I enjoyed searching for and owning certain comic books. Lord knows that without the number on the slab telling me how to feel about it I would get no more pleasure from owning a 4.5 than I would from owning a 3.5...or even a 9.8 vs a 9.4.

Agreed. Books lately with 100 variants, some with the same cover but different color backgrounds drove me away from collecting new books. I love the storylines but I love a good cover better, but not enough to buy the same cover 3 times for $100. I'm about halfway through my ASM 1-700 collection, and I'm good sticking to those and other older books.
Post 19 IP   flag post
601326 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?