Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

Paypal Weirdness12457

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
When I sell books and get a Paypal payment I make a habit of sweeping the funds into my checking account.

Over the last two days a customer bought six Walking Dead books.

As each listing hit him with a $12.95 shipping charge I am trying to send a partial refund as I offer combined shipping charges.

In the past, Paypal would take the refund request and send the funds a few days later when they took funds from my checking account.

Today I got a message that my Paypal balance was zero and that I could not even begin the refund process until the funds were in my Paypal account.

The most likely answer is that I need to grit my teeth until the funds are transferred a few days from now or until I make another sale.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos your method of payment may have changed. Check your method of paying for the refunds.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
With the advent of Managed Payments on eBay, PayPal may have changed its policies and procedures. Maybe YOU got caught in a sweep, instead of your funds.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Last week, I had one transaction’s funds held by them for 24 hours. This week, I sold the same book in higher grade. They’re holding those funds for 21 DAYS. Seriously.

I called and the automated system said once the item ships, & they have a tracking #, they’ll release the funds 24 hours after the book is received.

I’ve sold books for significantly more. I have no clue why PayPal is doing this. They must be going through some kind of change over there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
What is funny - in a sad way - is that PP is actually far better. half a dozen years ago they were so terrible multiple websites sprang up where people could air their greviances and seek help

The oldest - Paypalsucks.com - claims to have had 10,000,000 visitors. There is also screw-paypal.com and paypalwarning.com.

eBay appears to be trying to get away from PayPal with their managed payments program. I have doubts they will do so without creating new headaches - especially for sellers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sold another book yesterday and used the funds to send the partial refund.

Just one more hoop to jump through I guess.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
found this recently..EBay says its will ‘move pretty quickly’ on payments transition as PayPal agreement expires.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ebay-says-its-will-move-pretty-quickly-on-payments-transition-as-paypal-agreement-expires-2020-07-20
Post 7 IP   flag post
597874 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?