CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Ed's Summer Sale - Slabs and More12451

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I will PM you.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Fist 14 9.8! Just a picture
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Ed, what other beauties do you have?


What are you interested in, Brian?
Hello Ed, I am now trying to complete my Defenders V1 run. I only need 1-12,20,24,25,33,47 and 49.VF or better please.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the Wolverine #1 still available?
Post 29 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon77
Is the Wolverine #1 still available?


Yes, everything posted so far is still available.
Post 30 • IP   flag post


I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Ed, what other beauties do you have?


What are you interested in, Brian?
Hello Ed, I am now trying to complete my Defenders V1 run. I only need 1-12,20,24,25,33,47 and 49.VF or better please.


I will check on those for you tomorrow, Brian.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Iron Fist 14 9.8! Just a picture


Okay, NOT FOR SALE, just because I owe Mike big time and he asked.


Post 32 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Okay. let's try a few raw comics. Here's Marvel Team-Up #'s 147-150, in VFN/NM condition or better (should average 9.2-9.4+) for $40 shipped.










Post 33 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
More Marvel Team-Up's #142-147, same condition as above, $35 shipped.









Post 34 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Cloak and Dagger Mini-Series #1-4, condition looks to range from about 9.2-9.6, $35 shipped.





Post 35 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Falcon Mini-Series #1-4, super nice - look to be around 9.4-9.6, $30 shipped.







Post 36 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Price Namor Mini Series #1-4, absolutely beautiful set with bright white pages and look to be 9.4-9.6 or better, $35 shipped.








Post 37 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Iron Fist 14 9.8! Just a picture


Okay, NOT FOR SALE, just because I owe Mike big time and he asked.







Stupid question.

It looks like a newsstand copy because of bar code, but apparently is not or CBCS would have marked it as such. How can you tell?
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like it was just before CBCS started breaking out newsstand and direct.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

Looking on Ebay, every copy has newsstand bar codes. That cant be right can it?

Could it be that it was before direct copies were made?
Post 40 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I guess so. Directs started in the late 70s right? My copy says newsstand on the label.

Post 41 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I have no idea. (My knowledge of newsstands is minimal at best)

But your copy is very nice as well.

=)
Post 42 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think direct editions really started until early 1978.
Post 43 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone interested in some raw mid-grade X-Men comics?
Post 44 • IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Anyone interested in some raw mid-grade X-Men comics?
Possibly, depending on which issues and price, of course.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Anyone interested in some raw mid-grade X-Men comics?

74, 77, 79?
Post 46 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar - hopefully there is something you could use, Don.
@Studley_Dudley - PM sent.
Post 47 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #64 - first Sunfire; I would say this book is in the 6/6.5 range, and I am providing front cover, back cover, and centerfold scans. I am asking $80 shipped.






Post 48 • IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Gawd, I love these threads.
Post 49 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #66 - last issue of new material before reprints started; I would say this book is also in my 6/6.5 range (I bought it as a FN/VFN) and notice that there is a very small scrape near Marvel Girl's face in the Marvel logo box. I am asking $65 shipped. (FYI - MCS is asking $94 for a 5.5 raw copy)






Post 50 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #66 - yes, a second copy; I would say this book is in my 5/5.5 range. I am asking $50 shipped. (FYI - MCS is asking $94 for a 5.5 raw copy)






Post 51 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #87 - tough black cover; I would say this book is in my 7/7.5 range (note fingerprint/smudge near "N" in title). I am asking $40 shipped. (FYI - MCS is asking $67 and $68 for 6.0 raw copies)






Post 52 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #88 - I would say this book is in my 6/6.5 range (note: bottom staple pulled through centerfold). I am asking $30 shipped.






Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Fist only had Newsstand Editions. There was no separation until comics were 40 cents each.
Post 54 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Surfer, 2nd Series #7, 8, 10, & 15 - all look to be VF/NM or better, $25 shipped.








Post 55 • IP   flag post
657131 136 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?