Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Guess the Grade - Incredible Hulk #34012442

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up in the wild for $50. It's a nice copy but has a couple dings on the back cover, especially the tear. Curious as to what you fine folks think it could grade at with a press?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
8.0 to 8.5
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
10.7 plaid pages.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Back cover is my concern especially at the bottom. 8.0
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
I would say a 9.2.

Unfortunately (for me), most of the books I think merit that come back as 8.0, 8.5's from the
certifiers...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Condition? That's easy, it's in a condition I'd like to have
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Is that production damage from the rollers, I wonder? The kind many ASM 361s have? It is unsightly, but not sure how much it will factor into a grade.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’d say 8.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

Is that production damage from the rollers, I wonder? The kind many ASM 361s have? It is unsightly, but not sure how much it will factor into a grade.

Looks like ink rub like any 90s book that has never been re bagged and boarded. I think back then bags and boards were made with hydrochloric acid and BPA. Idk how many books I’ve come across with ink transfer so clear you can read the print on the board.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977

At first, I thought you overpaid. However a quick look at eBay sales shows that you did pretty well. I didn’t realize how much this book has increased in value.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck Totally agree, I didn't want to pay that much, but the book has been skyrocketing in price for some reason, and I've been wanting a copy for a long time. I'm kicking myself for not picking one up a couple years ago, but it is what it is.

Thanks everyone for the input!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

Possible. You can see residual effects of it on some of the pages. Most of the tears I've seen on the ASM 361 are more subtle than that. It does like more of a snag and tear.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
8.0 to 8.5
My opinion as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
598081 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?