Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS July 21st 2020 UPDATE12431

Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Regular Submissions
As we head into the week all regular submissions are at a 6 week turn around time.
This is due to the switch over to the new case, we hope to be back at the 5 weeks or less very soon!

This turn around time is just for basic standard grading and begins the day we receive the books in our offices. This 6 week time will not apply if you have submitted for the following:

1. Pressing
2. Signature Verification - VSP (Adds up to two weeks)
3. CBCS Mail in signings
4. Canadian Submissions (You must Contact Steve Paulus for all Canadian questions)

If your invoice falls into billing or we have an issue with paperwork the turn around time freezes and does not start back up until payment is received, or we speak to the customer and the issue is corrected.

Pressing
Pressing is still behind and we are working on this and hope to have it under control shortly, but that said it will take time.

Canada Issues
All Canada questions and issues need to go to Steve Paulus, and he should be able to assist you.

NEW Cases
We are full production of the new slabs, and the color switch for VSP is complete, and this is now Yellow! So if you are waiting for either, you can send these in as these are in production.

We are working hard to bring customer service to the level it needs to be for you guys, so please send all issues directly to the customer service email, and someone from the Dallas Office will respond.

Note:EMAILING CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE PREFERED METHOD FOR A QUICK RESPONSE!

If you guys have any questions or other issues I missed please let me know and thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H Hey Darryl, I wanted to confirm, now that Slab-Only submissions are Yellow labels, if the Slab-Only option has been extended to witnessed signatures (or unsigned books)?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
It would be great to have the slab only option on any book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
It would be great to have the slab only option on any book.

2nded
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H - Thanks for the update! Do you know if the switch has been made yet from "Sig" or "Sigs" to "Signature" or "Signatures" for verified and witnessed books? I have seen the new Yellow Labels for verified in the new slabs posted already. We were told that the word signature would no longer be abbreviated, yet they still say "Verifified Sig."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Darryl_H - Thanks for the update! Do you know if the switch has been made yet from "Sig" or "Sigs" to "Signature" or "Signatures" for verified and witnessed books? I have seen the new Yellow Labels for verified in the new slabs posted already. We were told that the word signature would no longer be abbreviated, yet they still say "Verifified Sig."

This change has occurred, but it will depend on the timeframe the books date was entered. So if the invocie was entered before the switch this might still say sig instead of signature.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Darryl_H Hey Darryl, I wanted to confirm, now that Slab-Only submissions are Yellow labels, if the Slab-Only option has been extended to witnessed signatures (or unsigned books)?

At this time Slab Only is just for VSP submissions.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H

There is a post on the CBCS Comics Facebook page stating that the Canadian office is open. Anyway you can confirm this?

Thank you
Post 8 IP   flag post
@nik Which post was that? I saw someone asking if it was open and last week there was a post saying that they’re trying to get the books shipped out but I haven’t seen anything saying they are now open
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite post was July 23
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand why the Canadian office is closed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
@dielinfinite post was July 23
Do you have a link? The only post I could find referring to CBCS Canada on that date was this one asking if it was open, with plenty of replies saying that it is not.

There have been earlier posts saying that Universal Distribution Office, a separate company whose building CBCS runs their Canada office out of is open, but CBCS Canada has said they are closed for the forseeable future but are trying to ship out completed orders.

@1243782365 CBCS Canada is closed because Steve Palus, the main CBCS employee running the Canada operation lives in the USA and has not been able to cross into Canada to run the office.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
@1243782365 CBCS Canada is closed because Steve Palus, the main CBCS employee running the Canada operation lives in the USA and has not been able to cross into Canada to run the office.

The border is only closed to cars. He could still fly into Toronto, no?
Post 13 IP   flag post
601461 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?