Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
I’m surprised with the seller’s response. eBay sellers have to kiss the buyers a$$, there is no way around it.

Yeah, but you can tell by the lack of care he put into packing that he didn't think it was his responsibility to get it there safely. So his response is kind of what I would have expected.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
I’m surprised with the seller’s response. eBay sellers have to kiss the buyers a$$, there is no way around it.

Yeah, but you can tell by the lack of care he put into packing that he didn't think it was his responsibility to get it their safely. So his response is kind of what I would have expected.

And this is the problem. People selling who have no knowledge of customer service before, during, or after a sale. Buy my crap, give me your money, take what I send you and be happy.

There is a wide spectrum of sellers on eBay, and Buyers, too. "Life is like a box of chocolates...." Also fits for eBay transactions. Thank you, Mr. Gump.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Yeah, but you can tell by the lack of care he put into packing that he didn't think it was his responsibility to get it there safely. So his response is kind of what I would have expected.

The seller will learn the hard way.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
It is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the comics arrive to you in the described condition. The seller is shirking their duties, whether they realize it or not.

Exactly. While the seller has no control over what the carrier does, they are the ONLY ones responsible for packing it in a way this shouldn't happen.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Firehawk2069 Sorry that happened to you and WELCOME to the forum!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
The forum has been very helpful and informative already! I’ve learned a lot. Only been collecting graded comics since March, and just got back into the raw more for reading some classics. 6 issues in on the Kree/Skrulls war from 1971.
Post 31 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Firehawk2069 The Kree/Skrull War is such a great read! Enjoy!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I really like the Gemini comic mailer's. Here is what I normally do. Books are bagged and boarded of course, sandwiched between cardboard, bubble wrapped, and shipped in the Gemini holder. I have not had 1 complaint yet. I feel it does not take a big effort to package it correctly and it gives me piece of mind as a seller on Ebay. Sellers need to get educated.
Post 33 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips

Education I dont think is the issue. When folks are cheaping out with free USPS packing tools and using media mail they want to maximize profit.

My question is how do they ship their own comics to grading companies? Same half ass way or other? Personally I ship my raw books to CBCS in those Gemini cardboard mailers, then put in a secondary box. I want my stuff to make it unscathed even if it drops from 2nd story building.
Post 34 IP   flag post
600892 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?