Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrepus28
Wow, 7 weeks exactly and the status of one of my two submissions just changed to Received and Processing. Finally. At least I now have an idea of when I might see my books back. I hope.

Update: Both orders are now Received and Processing. They've been charged to my card. I hope everyone else with Canadian submissions in the last few months experiences the same very shortly if they haven't already!
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Korptopia private msg quote post Address this user
Heard today for the first time something about my Canadian submission from last March!

The books are received!

They are off to press.

Will I get them before 2021? I ask as I'm not sure any of us will survive 2020 and I would like to see at least a final grade...
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector FearTheManThing private msg quote post Address this user
Books submitted mid-April 2020 for private signing event. Still in billing and no progress in October 2020.

Very disappointed...
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheManThing
Books submitted mid-April 2020 for private signing event. Still in billing and no progress in October 2020.

Very disappointed...

Odds are the invoice is still in the signing phase as the Pandemic has slowed things down greatly unfortunately.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Are emails backed up too? I have sent several and not rec'd responses. Mostly just tentative newbie questions but having read how long this process takes, esp. for Canadian submissions, I am not sure I want to start it.
Post 205 IP   flag post

@Silverado I had to send a follow up email a week after my first asking for a response. I got one a few days later.

The border closure really snarled things up in terms of their usual process. From what I can put together, someone from CBCS (American citizen) would drive up to Oakville, collect the submissions and drive back across the border in a van or truck or something to save on shipping costs. Once the border was closed, that was a no-go. So instead of coming up with an alternative ASAP (like getting someone in Canada to ship the books with a courier down to the US) they sat on them for months until very recently.

My books were delivered to Oakville and not marked as received in the States until 7 weeks had passed. As you can see from other posts some people have been waiting since March when things first shut down.

Also, they don't seem to be big on customer service in terms of quick responses and such. I'm not sure how many people they have employed in that department but from what I see on the forums it isn't enough.

Just a disclaimer, I do like CBCS and I realize this situation is unprecedented, but like I've said before; a little communication and an emergency back-up plan can do wonders for customer satisfaction and continued business.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for getting back to me with these details. I am drawn to CBCS for whatever reason but since I am looking to get things slabbed because of sentimental value (I like the look of the slab framing, labeling etc.) rather than collector value, the wait and silence on the other end might drive me nuts

Perhaps you don't know the answer to this but was the release of the backlog in Canada a one-time thing or have they found a solution to regularly get books moving? (sorry if this was answered in a previous post and I missed it).

Again, thanks for the helpful info.
Post 207 IP   flag post
@Silverado I don't have any official details on that unfortunately.

What I assume will happen, (considering they know the border will be shut down for the rest of the year) is that they will do regular releases of orders from Canada moving forward. I'm hoping at least once a month.

It's either that or they disable the ability on their website to ship books to Canada with a notification explaining why.

Either one would be completely understandable. My biggest issue was the lack of a heads up until I started poking around the forum after a month of not hearing a peep.

And you're right, it's easier to deal with delays if you're slabbing for sentimental value/personal collection. For anyone who was hoping for a standard turn around, it can really hurt financially to have your books tied up for months.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Jan order just moved from pressing to grading!!! and I just found out I have an extra week for a project at work - have been putting in 12 hour days Sun, Mon and Tuesday - no more!! I have time!
Post 209 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
Are emails backed up too? I have sent several and not rec'd responses. Mostly just tentative newbie questions but having read how long this process takes, esp. for Canadian submissions, I am not sure I want to start it.

@Silverado They should not be, PM me the email you used and I will check for you.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
fast pass VINTAGE2020 order received by CBCS 9/4 is still in grading (has been since Friday).....? 20-30EB76E.
Post 211 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
4 Moderns, no extras
Received 8-21
Grading 9-18
Finished grading 10-5
Ready to ship 10-6
Shipped 10-7
6 1/2 weeks
All 9.8s
Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector Darthmauler private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator pgx leads to suffering haha πŸ˜„
Post 213 IP   flag post
Collector fishhead80 private msg quote post Address this user
Order 20-2F130D1 received 8-21-20 still in processing. 8 modern slabbings and one signature verification (which I was told would be processed separately). Still no progress or update. Seems like it’s taking more than 6 weeks. I submitted a second order but really want to hold off a third submission until I can get a warm and fuzzy on processing times. BTW the second order was only modern grading nothing else. -John
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
20-30EB76E fast pass order received 9/4 STILL not even shipped.....
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector pascott00 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting for any sort of movement on my book that was received in January. I'm starting to think I'll never get it back
Post 216 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
20-30EB76E

Message on the way.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead80
Order 20-2F130D1 received 8-21-20 still in processing. 8 modern slabbings and one signature verification (which I was told would be processed separately). Still no progress or update. Seems like it’s taking more than 6 weeks. I submitted a second order but really want to hold off a third submission until I can get a warm and fuzzy on processing times. BTW the second order was only modern grading nothing else. -John

Did you receive my email earlier today?
Post 218 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascott00
I'm still waiting for any sort of movement on my book that was received in January. I'm starting to think I'll never get it back

Invoice #?
Post 219 IP   flag post
Books now in labels...getting close to shipping!!!...will I be strong enough to not look at my grades????
Post 220 IP   flag post
@KatKomics i was strong and waited lol maybe because they were my 1st 2 but thats just me lol πŸ˜†
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Comics seem to be sitting in labels much longer at the moment. I need to learn my lesson of telling my customers that they will dispatch any day only to find them still there 2 weeks on.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics
@KatKomics Comics seem to be sitting in labels much longer at the moment. I need to learn my lesson of telling my customers that they will dispatch any day only to find them still there 2 weeks on.

@rtdcomics - once grading is done, it does take longer per comic due to the sonic welding. Also, they have been processing about 1k of my submissions along with everyone else this past month.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Collector jibaro private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H I really appreciate you being proactive / Active here and on the Facebook groups.

Not trolling... being super sincere...

Thanks
Post 224 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Books now in labels...getting close to shipping!!!...will I be strong enough to not look at my grades????

Got an E-mail stating my orders was moved to pressing on the 8th of Oct.

Got an E-mail today stating that they had been shipped.

But I was not strong and looked at my grades:

Lady Death 1/2 - 8.5
Turok: Dinosaure Hunter #1 - 9.6
Lady Death: Unholy Ruin #2 - 9.8
Lady Death: Gallery #1 - 9.8
Hellwitch: Hellborne #1 - 9.8

And to top off the event:

Lady Death: Scorched Earth #1 - 9.9

All verified Signatures!!

I'll Post Pictures when I get them in.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Shipped Aug 27
Received Sept 02
Grading Oct 06

still in grading as of Oct 13 but hopefully done soon. Hope this helps for current turnarounds.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:

dashboard now says QC and invoice says imaging!!!

Forgot I asked for images - no more thanks to discovering 'PhotoScan'

Also looks like my invoice went up a bit....I had press screen on a few books so some must have needed it!

Pretty good at figuring if they need a press on my own but sometimes it is worth having professional eyes have a look over!
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Shipped Aug 29
Received Sept 2
Grading Sept 23

We're at the 6wk mark today, so fingers crossed we'll see some movement soon.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

dashboard now says QC and invoice says imaging!!!

Forgot I asked for images - no more thanks to discovering 'PhotoScan'

Also looks like my invoice went up a bit....I had press screen on a few books so some must have needed it!

Pretty good at figuring if they need a press on my own but sometimes it is worth having professional eyes have a look over!

Wow!! my Jan order now says 'Ship to Canada'!! I thought after shipping that the grades would be available?? Maybe different process for Canadian orders??

either way - few more weeks and they should be back home!
Post 229 IP   flag post
@KatKomics it took my account a day or 2 to update after shipping email came to me. Give it a day and check again if you really want to know your grades. I wanted to be surprised as i am with all my submissions and my current submissions there lol but thats just me lol πŸ˜†
Post 230 IP   flag post
600893 999 30