Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephSMASH
@flanders the comics were delivered on July 30th and I clicked on the order number and that also says that it is still processing. Iโ€™m not too worried about it, just really excited to get my comics back, and Iโ€™m a really impatient person. Iโ€™m just posting in this forum because Iโ€™m excited no matter how long it takes!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Also, i think the clock starts ticking from when the actually check them in, not when they are delivered. I am thinking you are still within their 6 week TAT estimate at this point.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephSMASH
@flanders the comics were delivered on July 30th and I clicked on the order number and that also says that it is still processing. Iโ€™m not too worried about it, just really excited to get my comics back, and Iโ€™m a really impatient person. Iโ€™m just posting in this forum because Iโ€™m excited no matter how long it takes!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Also, i think the clock starts ticking from when the actually check them in, not when they are delivered. I am thinking you are still within their 6 week TAT estimate at this point.

That's correct. So if the comics were delivered on July 30th, they may not have been marked as "Received/Processing" until August 3rd, which would be the official start time for the TAT. And at the current 6wk lead time, we're still on schedule.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Current submission, 16 modern books:

Invoice Date: 7/8
Delivered to CBCS: 9/3
Received by CBCS: 9/8

Gap between the invoice date and the delivery was due to third party pressing (thanks @CFP_Comics!). It looks like a long time between delivery and receiving but that was the holiday weekend, in actuality it was 2 business days which is fairly standard I think.

Clock has started on grading, and I do have 2 verified signatures in the mix, so I'm expecting them to ship back around 10/20 at this point.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
@JosephSMASH me too
Post 154 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Received: July 30th
Grading: August 24th
Labels: August 26th - 4 week mark
September 1st: Still in labels as of today, but I can see what comics were rejected and which ones passed the grade screen. There is still the excitement of seeing if I got any 9.9s or 10s
Six week turnaround is September 10th so hopefully I'll get the books around then.

September 9th: Still in labels after two weeks
Post 155 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KeepItClunky my books were in Grading for about 3-4 days then a couple of days in Labels and now Shipping.

My books shipped yesterday...scheduled to arrive Friday.
Post 156 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
September 1st: Still in labels as of today, but I can see what comics were rejected and which ones passed the grade screen. There is still the excitement of seeing if I got any 9.9s or 10s
Six week turnaround is September 10th so hopefully I'll get the books around then.

Mine literally shipped on the 6th week right to the day. So they like to cut it close....
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
So I sent 8 books for vsp, does it take a week per sig or per book? Or per order to affect TAT?
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
So I sent 8 books for vsp, does it take a week per sig or per book? Or per order to affect TAT?

IIRC, it adds an additional two weeks to the TAT total. That's how my order with 4 books for VSP was treated; it's not per book or per sig.
Post 159 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
For anyone that has gotten books back, how are the new cases? I hear it a big improvement.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
For anyone that has gotten books back, how are the new cases? I hear it a big improvement.

Love the new cases and the label/top label changes. Easier to read. Cleaner sides allow for better view of spine and page opening. No more "Clip Cracks". Sturdier feel. Cleaner look.

To paraphrase a popular 70's icon, They're GRRRRRRRREAT!
Post 161 IP   flag post
@Scifinator yay! Then I put in books at a good time!
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector JosephSMASH private msg quote post Address this user
The 8 books I sent in that were received on July 30th have been in the โ€œgradingโ€ phase for a week now. Is that normal? Itโ€™s been over six weeks now๐Ÿ˜‘
Post 163 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@JosephSMASH That is not out of the ordinary. The estimated turnaround time is not meant to be exact. Books can take more or less time depending on a few things but the fact that they are in grading means itโ€™s nearing the end
Post 164 IP   flag post
My invoice was just marked off as fast press so I'm hoping things are moving faster.
Post 165 IP   flag post
so, how many days were your books listed as being In pressed??

For anyone that had books pressed.
Post 166 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

My order has shipped
Post 167 IP   flag post
Cheers mate!!!! Good luck!! Post them up when they come in.
Post 168 IP   flag post
I have a reholder submission in that is taking a lot longer than I would have thought (received on 8/28). Makes me nervous that a book went back for grading. ๐Ÿ˜•
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
I have a reholder submission in that is taking a lot longer than I would have thought (received on 8/28). Makes me nervous that a book went back for grading. ๐Ÿ˜•

I don't see anywhere that lists reholders as quicker than the standard TAT, which is currently 5-6wks. I think you're fine.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
I don't see anywhere that lists reholders as quicker than the standard TAT, which is currently 5-6wks. I think you're fine.

Their main site says 2-3 weeks for reholders.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:

Their main site says 2-3 weeks for reholders.

So it does! Thanks for that. I still think you're fine; they could be backed up a bit more than normal. Would be helpful for more updates from CBCS though.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:

@kon_jelly - There are a lot of re-holders going in for the new style holders and VSP labels, so fear not, the CBCS is with you.

Fear leads to cgc, cgc leads to hate, hate leads to pgx...
Post 173 IP   flag post
@Scifinator That last line is everything!!! lmao!!!!
Post 174 IP   flag post
Order's in pressing at seven weeks with fast press. Looks like they're moving along well.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Update on my reholder order - went into shipping yesterday. That's 3.5 weeks from the day it was received, so they're running just past their stated turn around times listed on the website.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
Update on my reholder order - went into shipping yesterday. That's 3.5 weeks from the day it was received, so they're running just past their stated turn around times listed on the website.

@kon_jelly From the date that they received the shipment or the date CBCS checked it in and marked as "Received"?
Post 177 IP   flag post
I miss it already
Post 178 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@kon_jelly the official turn around time starts the next business day after CBCS receives it in the mail. If you submit at a con, it is the Wednesday after the con ends.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
The clock just started again for me; latest order is now in "Processing."

Dang, they're (15 modern, no pressing) now in grading. That was quicker than I thought.
Post 180 IP   flag post
601278 999 30