Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Actually if it ships tomorrow mine will be right at the 6 week mark. Which is in their suggested time frame.

TAT are estimates. they are not set hard and fast in stone. So I am fine with it. Plus or minus a couple of days isnt bad in my opinion.

Pressing on the other hand if I didnt know better would leave a bad taste. But as is, i knew and i still submitted for pressing because I know they will do it right from past experience and I can wait. I'm a patient person in most regards.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector tvphonehome610 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
I dont even have a membership, inuse the free one...

I was submitting so much that a membership paid for itself with the $2 discount.
Post 102 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Two books arrived for grading and verification today. Fingers crossed that they pass!
Post 103 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@tvphonehome610 this wont be the last time inuse CBCS ut I'm going to prioritize my submissions so I can get them returned asap . 👍
Post 104 IP   flag post
Btw,, my five books are only there two weeks today so I'm way behind a lot you guys. So everyone waiting forever and a day for shipping let's start a barbeque or something lol 🍻
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Huntergreene private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korptopia
I sent books into the Canadian office in early July, and they are now graded and are being shipped to me now. None of that collection went to press. (My Uncanny X-Men 266 has been graded 9.6, as expected. Yay!)

However, the ones I shipped last March to the Canadian office I have heard nothing of. That lot includes TMNT #1 (3rd), New Mutants 87 and 98. They were to go to press, so I understand they are stuck in limbo somehwere. I've received no status of any kind about that shipment.

How, July????? I sent in May and not a peep.
Post 106 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Right on time. Books are being shipped. Wont know the grades till prolly next week, but I can wait.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Andr00 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene
I sent in May and not a peep.

Mine have been gone since February not a peep.
And with that zero communication about it really makes me have no confidence in them as a company. 6 month mark now.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene
I sent in May and not a peep.

Mine have been gone since February not a peep.
And with that zero communication about it really makes me have no confidence in them as a company. 6 month mark now.

I can't remember..when did the US operations start up again?

I would assume that your books, since handed off at a convention, made their way to the US office before everything was shut down in mid March. Lets say after the Feb convention they bring all books back to Oakville....another week or two should have had your books safely off to the US before the March shut down

Sounds like turn around time with sig verification is about 8 weeks? of course Canadian submissions are a week or two longer for shipment to and from the the US.

If US started up again in say July and your books were already in Dallas, then your books won't be ready till some time in Sept - earliest, assuming no issues or back-ups in any of the processes.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@Andr00 I'm afraid that's what's going to happen to me 😪
Post 110 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215

Although it might be possible that you have glitches, i hope you do realize the folks with problems are in Canada. Your flag indicates you are from United States. The chances you will have the same issues as canada are probably slim to none.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@KatKomics It is just super shitty, that people that have sent their stuff off after I have have already gotten their stuff back. It said it was received and processing since April, so even that took 2 months to get into their system, and only appeared AFTER I messaged @SBorock

I am Canadian and they were sent to the Canadian office, but the communication from their guy there Paulus is friggen horrid, never replies to emails. They should know that people have invested a ton into this stuff and you'd think the customer support would be better than it is.

How long should I go without any communication from them before I start looking for other ways to get my books back or to get paid for them? Because it really feels like I am being ignored when I am asking about my books. I am worried I will never see my Spidey #300 and #301 signed by Todd again. Super worrying.
Post 112 IP   flag post
@Bronte well that's good to know 👍💪 ty! Sorry, I'm new to all of this.
Post 113 IP   flag post
@Andr00 singing to the choir my friend!! Customer support (at least the official ones we are supposed to use) has always been an issue even before the Canadian experiment and covid had just driven the issues even closer to the surface.

It's hard to say why others have gotten books back faster - fast pass, no signature verification, sent direct to US offices?? my books have been there since Jan - but I have pressing so I know I'm in it for the long haul!

I just keep thinking that in 2015 CGC had my books for 7 months (no pressing) and there was no global excuse for them! and currently due to the newton rings, questionable grades and splitting of orders resulting in higher return shipping I am unlikely to use their services...although I do have 7 books or so I might send to them in the chance of getting the CGX grade bump!!
Post 114 IP   flag post
@Andr00 check the delay in grading thread - sounds like your books are in grading!! I think for Canadian orders they will be shipping direct to you from Dallas rather than to the Oakville office then to you since Oakville is a bit of a cluster you know what at the moment!
Post 115 IP   flag post
@KatKomics

9.8 and 9.6 books were copy and paste grader notes off each other it makes you wonder. A 9.2 yielded no notes whatsoever. (Books I am referring to were 6 qty 194 amazing Spider-man)

While I am thrilled with the grades, the lack of time and effort in notes makes me wonder if they are paying attention to what they are doing.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Andr00 singing to the choir my friend!! Customer support (at least the official ones we are supposed to use) has always been an issue even before the Canadian experiment and covid had just driven the issues even closer to the surface
Customer Service used to be amazing for the first few years when Zack was the point of contact. I would send an email and I would have a response the next day without fail and usually my issue would’ve been resolved right there.

Unfortunately he left a few years ago and nobody really stepped up to his position. Then CBCS was bought by Beckett which brought in new money and respurces but instead of beefing up the local customer service staff they implemented an overseas call-center that isn’t empowered to address issues, instead just forwarding them to the local customer support.

So between the call center understanding exactly what your issue is, them clearly communicating that issue to the support team, and the support team properly acting on it, there are a lot of opportunities for the message to get lost.
Post 117 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Finally some good news! lol
Post 118 IP   flag post
Done grading finally and being shipped!
Post 119 IP   flag post
Oh Wow, my order is in Shipping today, less than 1 week!

I thought maybe the signatures failed verification and the books were being sent back ungraded but customer services say they both passed.

I still can’t believe it, really, not until I see the grader’s notes
Post 120 IP   flag post
Books have shipped, grader’s notes confirm verified signatures.

Jeezus that was a fast turnaround! Regular modern grading, no fast pass, received into the system on FRIDAY! @__@
Post 121 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite sensational!!!! Hoping for good grades!!!👍🤟
Post 122 IP   flag post
One was more for the signature and only got a mid-grade, which I expected going in. I’d considered submitting it for slab-only but I have 2 other issues in the mini-series graded so I figured I’d get this one graded as well.

The other one got a 9.6, which isn’t shabby
Post 123 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I'd probably kill for a 9.6 on any book lol
Post 124 IP   flag post
I wish my 300 was a higher grade (4.5), but the notes are fair for the book. If I got it pressed it could probably get to a 6.5. At least its slabbed and got the verified Todd sig. so I'm still happy with it.

Post 125 IP   flag post
[@Andr00 that's still a great book to have! I sold mine ten years ago :-(
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, it's hard not to be disappointed getting back into grading for the first time in almost 2 years and watching my books get delivered to the CBCS Oakville office and then sit there not even "received" for 2 full weeks.

I guess it's easy to meet turn around times if you don't open the box when it arrives.

I fully understand that they're having issues with crossing the border and transporting the orders via their usual means, but it has been some time since the border has been closed and it's pretty frustrating to see they haven't come up with even a temporary solution by now, like say shipping the books instead of driving them over? Or hiring someone in Canada to put them through a few steps of the process and get them on the way?

I like CBCS. I think their cases are better than CGC and their grading is more accurate (at least in my own experience), but I really can't help but feel extremely disappointed and uncertain about their abilities right now. I was going to send a more expensive order directly to their US location for pressing and signature verification, but I think I'll hold off for now.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
@Namrepus28 I dropped my off in Oakville took like 3 months to be entered in the system and got my books back in 10 months after over 30 messages or phone calls
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
@wtbmok That is absolutely brutal.

On one hand I feel foolish for not checking the forum, but on the other hand if you are unable to provide your service as a company why is that service still available on the website?

I was excited that a grading company had invested in Canadian customers to save us from being gouged on shipping charges for once, and was looking forward to being able to submit to the Canadian location when I was finally able to get back into comics.

I realize these are exceptional circumstances, but communication can do wonders to save face and to save customers/retain business. That's probably the most disappointing part of all. The ongoing degradation of communication regarding this problem and it seems like no one is willing to accept responsibility or to find a solution.

Offering promotions to incentivize customers to send in books but not having the ability to process the orders during a reasonable time frame...you're asking for trouble. I feel that they're in need of some Customer Service professionals and from reading this thread I can see others feel the same way.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer, I know patience is a virtue with comic grading, but I usually have a decent idea of the time required when submitting. I just really didn't expect this at all.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Received: July 30th
Grading: August 24th
Labels: August 26th - 4 week mark
September 1st: Still in labels as of today, but I can see what comics were rejected and which ones passed the grade screen. There is still the excitement of seeing if I got any 9.9s or 10s
Six week turnaround is September 10th so hopefully I'll get the books around then.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601333 999 30