Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I hate to say this because it's not in my personal best interest, but I think CBCS might need to consider offering some priority treatment to submissions that go through their Canadian consolidator. Based on what's in this thread, it looks like our Northern brethren take a beating at every turn. But it also appears that CBCS has a pretty loyal following in Canada, given the unusually high percentage of Canadian forum members. It might be in the best interest of CBCS to acknowledge the additional difficulties and costs of being a Canadian customer and do something to offset that...and maybe in return they could charge a couple extra dollars for that consideration. Or maybe just offer a significant discount on a modified version of Fast Pass (call it Canadian Fast Pass?) for books that come through the Canadian consolidator. I suspect this would reduce the customer service/communications complaints by more than half.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector boxbow private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, Iā€™m new to CBCS and submitted my first 4 books. They were received 4-1-21 still just showing submitted. I thought they may show received by now in my dashboard. Should I be concerned or just more patient?
Post 902 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@boxbow be a little patient. They're behind on getting orders into the system. Mine took about a week to show on the dash. One thing I didn't know was that cbcs has n internal computer system that track your oder upon delivery! That's where the turn around really starts!

Welcome to the group!
Post 903 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado

My most recent order went ShipToCanada on Mar. 11th. Previous order went ShipToCanada on Jan. 21st and was delivered on Mar. 18th. If that is still the current ship time then this most recent order has another month to go before I see it.

and like..if they could just state that. I haven't checked but standard used to be 2 weeks more than CBCS US TATs
Post 904 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
It might be in the best interest of CBCS to acknowledge the additional difficulties and costs of being a Canadian customer and do something to offset that...and maybe in return they could charge a couple extra dollars for that consideration. Or maybe just offer a significant discount on a modified version of Fast Pass (call it Canadian Fast Pass?) for books that come through the Canadian consolidator. I suspect this would reduce the customer service/communications complaints by more than half.

Especially true with the various covid limitations. Surely CBCS knows if, say, their Canadian office is temporarily closed or if our books have to wait for a truck to fill up or whatever. Its not just that kind of info though. For my last order, I rec'd the out for delivery notice more than 2 weeks after my books were actually delivered. Basic emails to their customer service email address just don't get a response, and moderators have to be bugged to attend to different requests through forums etc. It's gotta be hard to find/run a system that provides effective communication to this many customers but at the moment it doesn't seem to be working very well at all.
Post 905 IP   flag post

Collector bluemeenie private msg quote post Address this user
And quietly in the night my dashboard on my first order went from processing to grading....

and 90% of my anxiety just vanished. (Poof)

I will be excited over the next couple of weeks to see what grades are given, as I have seen others post on that, but with the current backlog I'm thinking it will just get updated after it is already in the mail which is perfectly fine. (and lends to more excitement)

i think after a couple of more tries at this and getting a "feel" for the way things operate I will probably become more used to it and may even think about sending in my Marvel Super Hero's GOTG #1 to them.

I still stand by my communication opinions, and personally think the idea of "getting used to" is a bad thing for a customer, but in a limited market with few options I guess there are worse things.
Post 906 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello comic fans,

here is the skinny....
All grading companies are saturated. Deeply....
Since covid started, people have been sending in sooooo many books for grading.
Like 10 to 15 times normal submission rates.

That is for CGC, PGX, HALO & CBCS.
They are all backed up right now. And they are all scrambling to hire more people.

Any of you guys subscribed members to the grading companies must have received emails recently informing you they are hiring. Even soliciting us to apply.
I received such solicitations from CGC, Heritage and CBCS to become a grader.
Even larger comic book companies have been adding to their staff.

They are also hiring people for other positions, from advertising, intake, customer service, packers etc....And believe it or not, experienced graders are not abundantly available to up and relocate to Dallas or St. Pete to work for these guys.

With their holding rooms over flowing, it will take longer than usual wait times for everything from the day they send received confirmation emails to us to pre-screen, pressing, grading, encapsulation, shipping...all of it is behind.

These are called growing pains.
It's not just CBCS at 10-12 weeks. CGC is even longer....

So, we have to be understanding and be patient...
They will get to our books as quickly as possible.
Also remember, they will not sacrifice quality for quantity!!!!!
That is bad business.

Quality and consistency is always best. And that is what we have with CBCS.

They have had to do a lot of catching up on pressing over the last 18 months and Steve Ricketts and the crew have done an awesome job doing so. Even with the relocation last year.

And regarding customer service, Darryl is doing a great job responding to everyone.
There are thousands of submissions he has to keep track of daily. And he does reply to messages.
PM him here or email him at customer service. He will find out where your books are in the chain and let you know.

It won't be long before they get caught up and get back to a TAT of 6 to 8 weeks again.
But keep in mind, as in all businesses, there are ebbs & flows. They get bombarded and then there is a lull. So there will be times they get done quickly and other times, like now, when they take longer.

If you are an experienced grader and live in the Dallas area, contact Darryl and enquire about a grader position. Depending on your abilities, you can make 30K to 100K.

So comic fans, don't you just love our awesome hobby we are enjoying everyday?
Take care guys. And keep sending your gems for grading.....
Post 907 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering what is ImagingSP on the invoice?
Never saw that status before until just now
Post 908 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 I think it's either the client paid for a picture of the book and/or the book will be featured on the CBCS Featured Comic section of the website.
Post 909 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Client paid for a picture of the book - RUT RO!!! I suuuuuuuuure didn't ask for this
The book will be featured on CBCS Featured - Now that would be great! (Provided it's not the above... lol)
Post 910 IP   flag post
@GAC that sounds right lol
Post 911 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 sensational!!!!šŸ‘
Post 912 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@Nearmint67 sensational!!!!šŸ‘

Gotta have the right mindset as a collector and be positive and support our hobby.
These guys are working hard and very few people actually show any appreciation.
Most are just complaining because they want their books. So do I.... But I want them back in the same condition I send them. Not accidentally damaged because someone was being rushed
Post 913 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 rushing does no good in the grading process so I can definitely wait it out. I've decided not to send cgc any more of my books simply because I do not want to.
Post 914 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbow
Hi all, Iā€™m new to CBCS and submitted my first 4 books. They were received 4-1-21 still just showing submitted. I thought they may show received by now in my dashboard. Should I be concerned or just more patient?

It will soon show "processing" and then it will most likely stay that way until they are just about finished. Then you might see "billing" or "completed" in about 10 to 12 weeks.
Reach out to Darryl in customer service if you have any questions.
He's the man to find out where your books are during the whole process.
But rest assured, they will get to your awesome comics soon and have them back to you before you know it and when you open that box of goodies....a great big smile will pop up on your face
Post 915 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Nearmint67 rushing does no good in the grading process so I can definitely wait it out. I've decided not to send cgc any more of my books simply because I do not want to.

I have known Steve Borock (Head Grader & President) here at CBCS since 2004' when he was the head grader & president at CGC. As soon as he started CBCS, I started grading with him here.
Steve is the "BEST".......
He has more knowledge in comic books, grading and restoration than anyone in the business.
I have been in since 92' (29 years if you are trying to do the math lol...)
Steve brought integrity, professionalism and accuracy to the comic book grading universe.

I am bias, sure! With a long track record of accurate grading to back it up....
IMO you get a better quality product with accurate grading at CBCS.
They don't give out a 9.8 just because they want your business.
They give a 9.8 because that's the condition of the book.
That's integrity.

I won't leave CBCS until Steve does.......
Stick with the best and forget the rest....
Post 916 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 knowledge!!!
Post 917 IP   flag post
Quote:

CGC lost me a few years ago due to their staff at conventions...never underestimate the impact of customer facing staff!!!! Just their attitudes and the way they talked to me and others, not sure if they were part timers for the convention only so didn't care??? at any rate it was enough to turn me off when an alternative was presented.

CBCS however...sat with me, walked me through the process, filled out the paperwork and were generally pleasing and easy to talk to. It was almost like they understood that a person dropping of thousands of dollars worth of books and paying hundred and hundreds in fees is kind of concerned about what is going on with their books. Later I also found the CBCS board to be a much nicer place to be. To top it all off CBCS also attends some of the small local conventions (that I prefer) rather than only the 1 large mega convention (Toronto for me)

I have a handful of Signature Series books that I would like pressed and for some reason I want to keep them in their CGC labels..but I don't send them in because I don't like newton rings and other issues...so I sit on them thinking maybe I should send them to CBCS to honor the SS...still on the fence
Post 918 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Reach out to Darryl in customer service if you have any questions.
He's the man to find out where your books are during the whole process.

At my work I'm in the same situation as Darryl, and I would say contact him if there is a legitimate issue, but not just to get a status update. My company has a 10 week backlog and the truth is most of that 10 weeks is just a black hole where nothing happens. Basically there is a bottleneck at the end where the finished product comes out, but for the first 8-9 weeks the projects are just sitting in the bottle waiting for their turn to come out the other side. Maybe a better example would be getting on a busy freeway onramp at rush hour. You get in the line, you slowly idle your way up to the signal, and when the signal turns green for you...you go. But there's really no meaningful information or status to update between getting in the line and getting to front of the line.
Post 919 IP   flag post
Oh No!!!!

Here's the thing that kills me....I have 2 orders in 'ShipToCanada' one since March 12th.

The province where CBCS Canada is located currently is out of control with covid and it looks like they are going to shut down all non-essential construction, warehouses and manufacturing not related to health, food or automotive.

So.....my order will what....get delivered to CBCS Canada and and just sit there?? Shouldn't have taken more than a month to get there to begin with!

Now...they haven't officially made this announcement or said when it will take effect...press conference later today and since this has been leaked to the press it's pretty much 100% going to happen

I know, I know...shut down is out of anyones control...but why more than a month to ship books??
Post 920 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I'd assume they would have to convert the submissions from CBCS Canada to CBCS.
Post 921 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics I'd assume they would have to convert the submissions from CBCS Canada to CBCS.

not gonna happen...now way they eat the extra shipping costs....books are just gonna sit in a warehouse until the lock down is lifted.
Post 922 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
My first order [from Nova Scotia, Canada] has been "processing" for exactly 10 weeks now (since Feb 4th)

When do you think I'll see a change from "processing", and will it change to "grading" or some such wording?
Post 923 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
My first order [from Nova Scotia, Canada] has been "processing" for exactly 10 weeks now (since Feb 4th)

When do you think I'll see a change from "processing", and will it change to "grading" or some such wording?

Processing could remain that way until the very end.

I've had orders with no change in status for months and months only to have them whip through multiple stages in 1 or 2 days before getting shipped home
Post 924 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

not gonna happen...now way they eat the extra shipping costs....books are just gonna sit in a warehouse until the lock down is lifted.

I could be wrong but they don't really have a choice if the closure is indefinite. They kinda have to move those books....I don't think they want to hold the books longer than necessary either considering liability and all.
Post 925 IP   flag post
NNNooooooooooooo (imagine that Hans Christian Anderson? guy as Dark Vader)

Ontario into mega lockdown...non essential warehouse work to be closed.....with 2 orders in 'ShipToCanada' status I think I'm F'd

Too bad - one had 15 books where I was going to sell 10 or 12..the other 5 book order was all PC and was looking forward to having them back home

If they were in transit to CBCS Canada they will likely now be stuck in a warehouse for 6 weeks minimum
why 4 or 5 weeks to ship to Canada?
Maybe I got lucky and that 15 book order made it here and is out for delivery now....but no way to know
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector MrWiggalz private msg quote post Address this user
Canada Post tracking number says my comics arrived in Oakville, Ontario March 9th. Still haven't hear anything from CBCS in regards to them actually getting them,and my order # has no status change, even after 4 weeks. Getting a little worried that I haven't heard anything.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector dalvar private msg quote post Address this user
I do like CBCS, although I find their total lack of communication a bit frustrating
Post 928 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWiggalz
Canada Post tracking number says my comics arrived in Oakville, Ontario March 9th. Still haven't hear anything from CBCS in regards to them actually getting them,and my order # has no status change, even after 4 weeks. Getting a little worried that I haven't heard anything.

One of my orders arrived March 10th the other earlier this week....

I think we are screwed....if all non-essential warehouse work is shut down and they haven't already forwarded our books to the US I think we are in a bad place....like 6 weeks sitting in the warehouse...minimum as they could extend the closure even further!

Wish someone could tell us what is happening with the CBCS Canada location...when was the last shipment of books i.e. are March books sent to the US (just not in the system yet?) will April books be held for ????? - will they honor the SAVETEN April promo if it takes till May or June for them to get our books??
Post 929 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

I have no idea about your situation and I hope for the best, but in regards to promos. They do it by postmarked date. That's the one thing that should be in your favor....
Post 930 IP   flag post
601321 999 30