Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TMAN1980 private msg quote post Address this user
It's been 368 days since I sent my comic to CBCS.

Has anyone received any updates since Steve Paulus told us they were finally shipping books last week? I have not seen any status updates on my account. That being said, I did get an automated message from FedEx stating that I do have a delivery arriving tomorrow. That's promising. I also got an automated message stating that there's a warrant out for my arrest and I need to address it immediately with the Investigations Department located in the State of Canada. I hope I get my book back before I'm arrested
Post 51 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@TMAN1980

I hope your kidding. Being someone's bunk b@#$$% is a scary thought.

But in more serious news, the other thread said they FedEx the package to him, but didnt provide tracking number.....

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/12136/page/2/cbcs-canada-update/#54
Post 52 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN1980
It's been 368 days since I sent my comic to CBCS.

Has anyone received any updates since Steve Paulus told us they were finally shipping books last week? I have not seen any status updates on my account. That being said, I did get an automated message from FedEx stating that I do have a delivery arriving tomorrow. That's promising. I also got an automated message stating that there's a warrant out for my arrest and I need to address it immediately with the Investigations Department located in the State of Canada. I hope I get my book back before I'm arrested

lol!!

Last year in the same week I had an automated call saying I owed money to Revenue Canada and they were sending police and also an e-mail saying I had a refund from Revenue Canada and would I please send all my personal and banking info!!!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector nancyraygun private msg quote post Address this user
My books arrived today. Dashboard hasn’t been update but my wife called me at work to confirm the package was from CBCS.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyraygun
My books arrived today. Dashboard hasn’t been update but my wife called me at work to confirm the package was from CBCS.

Awesome. How long has it been?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Based on the rest of our experiences, rounding up

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector nancyraygun private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Since March.
Post 57 IP   flag post

Well, 369 days and my book is finally home.

Now, do I give this back up to get reholdered? I’m not rushing into sending this back to CBCS if I decide to go that route. After all, Steve Borock didn’t win any points by washing his hands of Canadians.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
If it were my spawn 1, i would keep with the Red label. I think it blends better with that cover and doesn’t stand out as much as a yellow would against that cover.

Very nice. Congrats!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Got the email yesterday saying it was shipped via Canpar...but contained a non-valid tracking number. Waited a day thinking the system needed to refresh, but still nothing a day later.

Contacted Steve, and apparently there was another mistake and they didn't mail out my order using my chosen carrier, but rather mailed out via FedEx.

Not a big deal, and at this point it would have been a surprise if they didn't screw something up, but if the delivery fails for some reason it means I'll have to drive across the city to pick it up rather then take a casual stroll 2 minutes away from my house to pick it up from the carriers holding address

womp womp
Post 60 IP   flag post
Got my order today! Finally. My clients books all came back as expected or better, but my own personal issues came back lower in grade than expected (and in one case they found conservation, oi!). Ah well - such is life.

I will say I was happy how the coverless comic I submitted turned out (with a reproduction cover on it to get the 0.3 grade).

However of course the universe decided "hey you ain't done with your troubles yet, dog!" as I looked at my invoice and realized my grand total for the order after the coupon was supposed to be CA$ 149.67......but I was charged over $200.

Well...back to customer service
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Good news for me: my first CBCS order is "out for delivery," and will be dropped off at the office this afternoon.

Bad news: I only work in the office on Mondays/Thursdays.

Do I grit my teeth and muscle through the weekend, or go and get the package (it's a 25min drive one-way) after I drop my kids off?
Post 62 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@monjoody If it were me....I'd be making the drive...its like Christmas getting your books back.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@monjoody If it were me....I'd be making the drive...its like Christmas getting your books back.

Yeah, I'm planning on it. I'm really excited to get the sketch covers back.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Andr00 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Since March.
man you weren't even waiting as long as some of us.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I still have no update on my books however. RIP.
Post 66 IP   flag post
While I have received my books, I have yet to get any response from CBCS regarding my billing (emailed them last week) as to why I was charged over $50 more than my invoice/dashboard total indicates.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Exchange rates?
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector tvphonehome610 private msg quote post Address this user
Comic books marked as received on July 14. They are still in Processing after 21 business days. CBCS is slower than CGC again.
Post 69 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@tvphonehome610 so what you're saying is the turnaround is still within the 4-6 weeks time frame stated on the site? Seems like you're just trying to find something to complain about.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Mine have been with them since Feb, still no turn around on them. So @Flanders, no not within the time frame.
Post 71 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Andr00 I understand that many orders, especially in pressing and for international customers are very backed up. I was addressing the unnecessary statement about how CGC's turnaround times may at this current time be faster. I don't see the need for someone to come to a forum to provide that information. Imagine if you went to CGC's forum and said "Hey guys, my books were sent to CGC a few weeks ago and still haven't been returned. Oh, by the way, CBCS has better turnaround times." Members, especially those with legitimate turnaround posts and concerns, would think you were just trolling the forum and probably would have far less kind words to say to the original poster than I do.
Post 72 IP   flag post
If I knew the customer service was as bad as it is for Canadian customers here I wouldve definitely went to CGC instead. The person that we are supposed to direct our questions to Steve Paulus doesn't reply to us most the time, if he does he promises updates that never come.

It was my first time sending stuff out, and it has really put cbcs in a bad light for me.
Post 73 IP   flag post
@Andr00 sorry to hear that, you have a legitimate gripe. I remember my first submission took 6 months when the stated turnaround was about 8-12 weeks. I'm still submitting because although slow at the time, the end result was good and the forum members here are far friendlier that at CGC.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector tvphonehome610 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@tvphonehome610 so what you're saying is the turnaround is still within the 4-6 weeks time frame stated on the site? Seems like you're just trying to find something to complain about.

I thought this thread was called Turnaround 4.0, so I am updating with my turnaround time. We can go back to the regular scheduled posts of complaining about pressing times and the Canadian border being closed.
Post 75 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Andr00 sorry to hear that, you have a legitimate gripe. I remember my first submission took 6 months when the stated turnaround was about 8-12 weeks. I'm still submitting because although slow at the time, the end result was good and the forum members here are far friendlier that at CGC.

I can definitely vouch for that! i didn't even get a response over a cgc for anything i asked them.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
TURN AROUND!!! TURN AROUND!!!

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Modern submission of twelve books, two with verified signatures, no fast pass:
7/4/20 submission entered
7/10/20 books delivered to CBCS
7/16/20 credit card charged
Currently in grading.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Modern submission of twelve books, two with verified signatures, no fast pass:
7/4/20 submission entered
7/10/20 books delivered to CBCS
7/16/20 credit card charged
Currently in grading.

amazing!
Post 79 IP   flag post
I submitted 4 comics with sigs for verification, in February at fan expo in Vancouver.
sat in pending forever until I messaged S. Borock
credit card charged in April.
still sitting in processing since then.

RIP.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601201 999 30