Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Qillabee Your invoice must say something...it can't be blank.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Qillabee private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Qillabee Your invoice must say something...it can't be blank.

Of course it isn't blank. It says recieved. But at least in CGC, you are told steps.
Post 527 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few orders in at CGC currently and I would say that while they might not be as bad as CBCS, they aren't that much better.

It's taking nearly 3 weeks to a month before they receive the books in. I'm still waiting.

They send you an invoice to let you know you are billed for pressing. They dont literally state it on their submission site. their time tables aren't accurate. I submitted in October on a few books and the TATS have slowly increased every month to where I have no real idea when they will be finished.

On books that are not pressed, some stuff got turned around very quick, others are still in purgatory with no rhyme or reason why if they were submitted a week or two apart why they are over a month in difference of receipt.

So while CBCS may have issues, CGC is not far behind in terms of questions that need to be answered. And in terms of customer service. I had to go through hoops to get stuff fixed because they don't want to fix other reps screw ups. They say you gotta contact the guy who messed up the order. I had to prove to her he was ignoring my emails before she intervened. And even then I think I was charged wrong but accounting is separate from customer service and I don't have enough patience to go through more headaches.

So yes, both sides are not ideal. But unless a 3rd viable choice comes up, it is what it is....
Post 528 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I have a few orders in at CGC currently and I would say that while they might not be as bad as CBCS, they aren't that much better.

It's taking nearly 3 weeks to a month before they receive the books in. I'm still waiting.

They send you an invoice to let you know you are billed for pressing. They dont literally state it on their submission site. their time tables aren't accurate. I submitted in October on a few books and the TATS have slowly increased every month to where I have no real idea when they will be finished.

On books that are not pressed, some stuff got turned around very quick, others are still in purgatory with no rhyme or reason why if they were submitted a week or two apart why they are over a month in difference of receipt.

So while CBCS may have issues, CGC is not far behind in terms of questions that need to be answered. And in terms of customer service. I had to go through hoops to get stuff fixed because they don't want to fix other reps screw ups. They say you gotta contact the guy who messed up the order. I had to prove to her he was ignoring my emails before she intervened. And even then I think I was charged wrong but accounting is separate from customer service and I don't have enough patience to go through more headaches.

So yes, both sides are not ideal. But unless a 3rd viable choice comes up, it is what it is....

I agree. And BTW, I'm not saying one is better than the other.
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector joseabc private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning

My books have been "ShipToCanada" since last week of January... going on 4 weeks now. Does anyone know how much time it takes usually ? First time submitting via the Canadian facility.

Kind regards
José
Post 530 IP   flag post

Collector dalvar private msg quote post Address this user
I just had a recent experience and from Canada, 3 weeks ago one of my submissions went from processing to completed and a week later they arrived on my doorstep. On the submission page they are still marked as completed..... hahaha
Post 531 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseabc
Good morning

My books have been "ShipToCanada" since last week of January... going on 4 weeks now. Does anyone know how much time it takes usually ? First time submitting via the Canadian facility.

Kind regards
José

apparently they will stay as "ship to Canada" until they leave the facility in Oakville, Ontario.

I've had an order in my hands with the status still as 'ship to Canada'

My guess is that since no CBCS staff are at the Oakville location (boarder closure) when they are shipped the notifications aren't getting sent.

My last one took about a month...no idea how often they ship from Dallas to Oakville and then they have to be split once in Oakville as we have the choice of FedEx or Canpar....so that must take a little while to get done too?
Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Good morning

Kind regards
José

apparently they will stay as "ship to Canada" until they leave the facility in Oakville, Ontario.

I've had an order in my hands with the status still as 'ship to Canada'

My guess is that since no CBCS staff are at the Oakville location (boarder closure) when they are shipped the notifications aren't getting sent.

My last one took about a month...no idea how often they ship from Dallas to Oakville and then they have to be split once in Oakville as we have the choice of FedEx or Canpar....so that must take a little while to get done too?

Currently at 75 days today since my order moved to "Ship to Canada". Still no books. Pretty impressive delay at this point.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Good morning

Kind regards
José

We are in the same situation. My first time using the Canadian facility too. I went to "ShipToCanada" on Jan. 21. As it stands, I think we just speculate on what is causing the delay... pandemic closures, Texas weather, waiting for enough bulk before actually shipping to Canada etc. The communication from CBCS could be better. Based on the experience of Namrepus28, I fear this might be a much longer wait.
Post 534 IP   flag post
Collector vlad private msg quote post Address this user
Myself I have "ShipToCanada" since last September and still nothing, I called and wrote to customer service and they even gave the person in charge of the Canada submissions, in total I wrote at least 10 emails, no answer, what I do know is that my comics are not lost and graded
Post 535 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
Myself I have "ShipToCanada" since last September and still nothing, I called and wrote to customer service and they even gave the person in charge of the Canada submissions, in total I wrote at least 10 emails, no answer, what I do know is that my comics are not lost and graded

I hope you have not sent any more books to them since then....
Post 536 IP   flag post
Quote:

that's just wrong!!
Post 537 IP   flag post
No I havent sent any more books, I understand the covid situation, borders are closed but I didnt get any news, never had issues with them before, last time I call customer service, they told me to wait... I just dont know what to do now... but to wait
Post 538 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@vlad spaulus@cbcscomics.com
Post 539 IP   flag post
Already wrote at that email address and still waiting for an answer but thank you really appreciate
Post 540 IP   flag post
Will have to wait, nothing I can do at this point, am I the only that has that issue?
Post 541 IP   flag post
@vlad sadly no..I think many of us are in the same situation....your issue is a bit extreme though..shipping since September!!

Mine has been in shipping for 40+ days now..and that was through CBCS US rather than Canada because I thought it would be faster

No idea and no communication regarding delays for the Canadian business...do they have to quarantine the packages when they cross (who knows!!), are there issues at the Canadian warehouse who is handling the CBCS business while no CBCS staff can cross the border (who knows!!!) are books being sent from CBCS Canada but the Canada Post sorting office is the delay (400+ covid cases) [who knows!!!!], are there issues with whatever carrier or method they are using to get the books to and from Canada to Dallas and from Dallas to Canada!!!(who knows!!!!)

I mean...any communication would be appreciated to adjust our expectations...pressing TAT of 12 weeks (as per a submission sent in for promo) and grading of 6 to 8 then add 2 for the Canadian business means my August and October orders should already be back.

It's fine to have delays..that is our new covid world....also fine to have incompetent power generation causing delays...but an odd update in the body of a chat discussion is not the way to disseminate information....an actual update on the home page (rather than advertisements) is the way to ensure people see things
Post 542 IP   flag post
after a breather....it's also not like I'm going to CGC anytime in the future..I've had delay issues with them in the past (pre covid) and am not a fan of the nickel and dime approach to squeezing more $$ out of you, the staff at conventions have been a major turn off for me as well as the cases and issues with them (newton rings etc.) - very much prefer the CBCS product!!

although not grading for flipping I am starting to send 50% or more in a batch with the eye towards potentially selling so I can buy bigger and better books! so it would be nice to have them back.

side note: what happens to insured value when it takes almost a year for books to come back?? book values are crazy and some could be "worth" hundreds more now than when people first submitted!!
Post 543 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would imagine the increase in value only comes into play is if, heaven forbid, the books are lost or stolen.
Post 544 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I agree, I love the cbcs case. The books I have at cgc are going right to Texas as soon as they come back.
Post 545 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info, I love the signature program they have, I have a verified signature Batman # 2 New 52 variant Jim Lee signed by Scott Snyder and I’m really satisfied, I wanted to send some more but I’ll wait, I know I’ll have my comics but if only I just had an email saying that they’re on top of things but... any excuse I would accept but I haven’t received anything
Post 546 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
My first batch of ten books arrived in Oakville just back on Feb 4/21, and was considering sending off a second batch, but now I am thinking of holding off given the delays and lack of communication from CBCS.

I know they are probably still stuck in Oakville, but given this is the first time I ever submitted anything, I keep checking my Dashboard "just in case"
Post 547 IP   flag post
Oakville Canada, I don’t see the issue here, it’s not like I live in Germany or something, I see FedEx trucks everyday on the road, I don’t understand what’s the issue
Post 548 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
My "Ship To Canada" books were submitted in May 2020, received in Oct 2020 and are still in limbo. I've since had 25 books in 3 separate orders that I shipped direct to Dallas get there and back in short order due to fast pass.
Post 549 IP   flag post
I have books that I want to send so you’re telling me to deal with the Dallas office instead?
Post 550 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have books that I want to send so you’re telling me to deal with the Dallas office instead?

If you're going to send anything else in, I wouldn't send it to the Canadian offices. Your best bet would be straight to the US.

The savings on shipping are completely wiped out by this ridiculous turn around time most of us are now experiencing.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrepus28
Quote:

If you're going to send anything else in, I wouldn't send it to the Canadian offices. Your best bet would be straight to the US.

The savings on shipping are completely wiped out by this ridiculous turn around time most of us are now experiencing.

I'm not sure the Dallas option is any better...I have an order in shipping for 40+ days now that I tried using that route because I thought it would be faster!!!!
Post 552 IP   flag post
@KatKomics It's funny, I had a long post all typed up yesterday to vent and decided not to post it. And you probably posted yours around the same time.

Yes, the biggest issue I have with CBCS these past 6 months has been terrible communication with their paying customers.

Sorry, but your customers shouldn't have to harass you with multiple emails just to get an answer on their order.

Delays and issues should be posted on the website for people to see before they submit their books. We shouldn't have to rely on a rep from CBCS occasionally seeing a post on the forum and helping out. There should be a dedicated position (or team) to address these concerns. Especially considering the state of the world right now. That person could just sit at home and answer the phone/emails. This is a normal thing businesses do. It's called customer service.

If I can go to the post office and ship out a package to a US address and it gets there close to the standard time, then what the heck is CBCS doing with our orders right now?

They might even have a good, or acceptable reason for this. But we'll never know because no one seems to want to stand up, accept responsibility, apologize, and most importantly communicate as to what the heck is going on. I don't want re-reimbursement, I don't want a gift or credit. I just want my books back that I've already paid for in full.

I submitted a big order to CGC a week or two ago for pressing and grading. We'll see how that goes.

(I'm usually a bit less blunt and more upbeat, but this has really been a thorn in my side and I'm very frustrated at this point.)
Post 553 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrepus28
Quote:

I'm not sure the Dallas option is any better...I have an order in shipping for 40+ days now that I tried using that route because I thought it would be faster!!!!

I said IF! Lol. Thank you for posting that btw. I still had an order of books to be verified, but I'm definitely not sending them in now until they sort something out. I'm kind of regretting getting a membership now...
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics
Invoice # of the one you sent directly to us in Dallas?
Post 555 IP   flag post
601451 999 30