Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TMAN1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr00
After almost 2 weeks I finally got a reply from Steve.

Hopefully the encouraging news he is mentioning is good.

Here we are, the end of the week. Have you heard any updates from Steve Paulus? I know @saucedog got a message. I did not receive any personal updates. I can assume that from SauceDog's message that books are slowly being distributed but with no definite timeline. It'd be nice for an official message from the powers-that-be, instead of hearing it from other customers.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My order went into shipping today so I’ll be stuck waiting over the weekend for it to ship

Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly! It seems like CBCS loves to move my submissions to shipping on friday morning or late thursday evening to torture me for the weekend cause they know i cant wait to receive to check grades.

Lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector xomanowar2099 private msg quote post Address this user
So, what is the turnaround time looking like for a submission made within the USA?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@xomanowar2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomanowar2099
So, what is the turnaround time looking like for a submission made within the USA?

As per the most recent update from Darryl Hayden, about 6 weeks for straight grading without special handling, signatures, press, etc.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Andr00 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN1980
Have you heard any updates from Steve Paulus?

No update from him at all. my books still in processing hell.
Post 31 IP   flag post
It has been 360 days without my book.

I sent Steve Paulus an email this morning for an update as the last response from him was on May 8th. Here’s hoping what he said is true. Here is his response:

“Hi Terrance,
Your order is currently in our Oakville facility, I am working on getting packages shipped out to our customers in the next day or so.
You will receive an email with tracking information once it ships.“

I’ll keep you all updated.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector nancyraygun private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It has been 360 days without my book.

I sent Steve Paulus an email this morning for an update as the last response from him was on May 8th. Here’s hoping what he said is true. Here is his response:

“Hi Terrance,
Your order is currently in our Oakville facility, I am working on getting packages shipped out to our customers in the next day or so.
You will receive an email with tracking information once it ships.“

I’ll keep you all updated.

3 days later, any movement Terrance?
My order hasn't shipped yet.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
I was explicitly told by Steve to expect my order to ship early this week, and that I would get info via email when it did. I was told there was a plan already in place to get things shipped out to all the Canadians who've had order sitting in the facility (mine since February).

It's now Friday afternoon and so far zero email updates or any other word from Steve about it. At this point the only thing CBCS is consistent with delivering on time are broken promises and crap customer service. Nice.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Update:

I called support. They have zero information about what is going on for Canada and cannot provide any dates or details. They told me to email Steve and that CBCS Dallas itself does not handle any of the Canadian stuff and they have no information. Manager told everyone to not deal with Canadians at all and that all of have to email Steve (But I've already emailed Steve and didn't get a reply, hence calling support)

They told me there is 'something planned' but they don't have details (only Steve) and customers should wait until their orders are shipped. That's it. The solution being told to Canadians is "Your order will ship when it ships". No dates or timeline.

Customer rep didn't quite get that we are all aware COVID has delayed operations, that is understandable, but rather the issue many Canadians are having is the horrible & vague customer relations. No official announcements on the websites for Canadians, everything is brushed off by the main CBCS company and president ("we have nothing to do with that", pushed all on Steve who has to run the whole thing and can't provide any timelines either.

Rep said all they could do was email Steve (same as last time). A little after the call I got a reply email from Steve. It said 'Orders are shipping today...' (that was the entire email verbatim). So who knows
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Update:

I called support. They have zero information about what is going on for Canada and cannot provide any dates or details. They told me to email Steve and that CBCS Dallas itself does not handle any of the Canadian stuff and they have no information. Manager told everyone to not deal with Canadians at all and that all of have to email Steve (But I've already emailed Steve and didn't get a reply, hence calling support)

They told me there is 'something planned' but they don't have details (only Steve) and customers should wait until their orders are shipped. That's it. The solution being told to Canadians is "Your order will ship when it ships". No dates or timeline.

Customer rep didn't quite get that we are all aware COVID has delayed operations, that is understandable, but rather the issue many Canadians are having is the horrible & vague customer relations. No official announcements on the websites for Canadians, everything is brushed off by the main CBCS company and president ("we have nothing to do with that", pushed all on Steve who has to run the whole thing and can't provide any timelines either.

Rep said all they could do was email Steve (same as last time). A little after the call I got a reply email from Steve. It said 'Orders are shipping today...' (that was the entire email verbatim). So who knows

"Orders are shipping today".
Mine hasn't. Any Canadians in this situation see any movement on their dashboard today?
Or an email confirmation of shipping?
It's 7pm on a Friday here and I'm still in the dark.
If I was handling this, I would have taken all of the email addresses of the Canadian customers who wrote or called to complain and asked to put them on an update list. And as (if?) things moved forward send out a brief email update to those customers to keep them in the loop. The lack of updates and the passing of accountability to one person who's communication skills have been quite lackluster, has REALLY soured my experience with CBCS.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I haven't got any change in order status yet or an email with any info (I assume tracking numbers or even just confirmation it was shipped).
Post 37 IP   flag post
Yesterday I received an email from Steve Paulus that stated:

“ This order will be shipping out to you tomorrow. You will receive an email from CBCS with a tracking number.”

I checked all day today and there were no status changes. I have a few things I’d like to rant about, but I’ll wait until Monday to see if anything changes.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Since steve cannot cross the border, he must be having trouble finding someone to do the shipping for him. Hard to hire if you cannot meet. Cannot make sure follow up emails go out. Hard to trust... think about any of these things after you got any sort of contact? Not the type of thing any company wants to state publicly OR thru email. All you can do is keep waiting, unfortunately.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
Since steve cannot cross the border, he must be having trouble finding someone to do the shipping for him. Hard to hire if you cannot meet. Cannot make sure follow up emails go out. Hard to trust... think about any of these things after you got any sort of contact? Not the type of thing any company wants to state publicly OR thru email. All you can do is keep waiting, unfortunately.

Then why is Steve personally emailing me stating that my book is being “shipped tomorrow”. That’s quite a specific detail to just throw out there to customers and ignore.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521

They have a partnership with Universal Distribution, who works out of the same building. They use the same employees there and trust them already and don't need to hire anyone else (they have access to all the CBCS books stored in the warehouse and even share the same front office space) - yet it took 5 months for CBCS to even start to ask them to help mail out customer orders sitting in the warehouse. Steve can still do all the emails but there has been zero excuse for him not to have arranged something earlier (especially when talks of a lockdown were happening well before it was put in place - and that would be moot had CBCS done the smart thing to begin with and actually hire someone who lives in the same country to work at the facility, not a US citizen that needs to drive from NY each time)
Post 41 IP   flag post
This was just posted today (Sat. August 1st, 2020).

Post 42 IP   flag post
Haha like I said, I’ll wait until Monday to go off on a rant. That Matt Edwards, he’s a good guy. Always keeping us informed.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Just saw that on the CBCS facebook group. Matt's great with giving updates in a clear helpful way.

It's absolutely bonkers in order for us customers to get even this amount of information we have to jump through hoops and end up on a facebook group asking for it over and over. Would have been nice to have Steve mention that when replying to emails asking for an update or loop customer service in on it so they can tell customers something :P
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user

I've been waiting for 10 months? Anyone break my record?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Mon, May 11 at 4:16 PM

William,
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for but you do have some options.

This order has not left Dallas yet because of the shut down in Oakville. I can ship this to you from Dallas but you would have to pay the difference in international rates, and if customs adds any duties or fees as well. I can find out what the difference in shipping rates would be.

Or
I expect that we will be able to ship your order to Oakville as early as next week (but I'm not sure). When your package arrives, in Oakville I can ship it directly to you from there.

Just let me know.

Steve
Post 46 IP   flag post
Been complaining for months but still nothing
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the TAT on reholders? I've been contemplating sending all of my VSP books in for the new slab and yellow label.

Thanks!
Post 48 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk @Paint_Monk The website currently lists the turnaround time for re-holders at 2-3 weeks though if they see a flood of reholders for the new slabs I can see that going up
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thank you!
Post 50 IP   flag post
It's been 368 days since I sent my comic to CBCS.

Has anyone received any updates since Steve Paulus told us they were finally shipping books last week? I have not seen any status updates on my account. That being said, I did get an automated message from FedEx stating that I do have a delivery arriving tomorrow. That's promising. I also got an automated message stating that there's a warrant out for my arrest and I need to address it immediately with the Investigations Department located in the State of Canada. I hope I get my book back before I'm arrested
Post 51 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@TMAN1980

I hope your kidding. Being someone's bunk b@#$$% is a scary thought.

But in more serious news, the other thread said they FedEx the package to him, but didnt provide tracking number.....

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/12136/page/2/cbcs-canada-update/#54
Post 52 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's been 368 days since I sent my comic to CBCS.

Has anyone received any updates since Steve Paulus told us they were finally shipping books last week? I have not seen any status updates on my account. That being said, I did get an automated message from FedEx stating that I do have a delivery arriving tomorrow. That's promising. I also got an automated message stating that there's a warrant out for my arrest and I need to address it immediately with the Investigations Department located in the State of Canada. I hope I get my book back before I'm arrested

lol!!

Last year in the same week I had an automated call saying I owed money to Revenue Canada and they were sending police and also an e-mail saying I had a refund from Revenue Canada and would I please send all my personal and banking info!!!
Post 53 IP   flag post
My books arrived today. Dashboard hasn’t been update but my wife called me at work to confirm the package was from CBCS.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyraygun
My books arrived today. Dashboard hasn’t been update but my wife called me at work to confirm the package was from CBCS.

Awesome. How long has it been?
Post 55 IP   flag post
600894 999 30