Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TMAN1980 private msg quote post Address this user
The topic of Turnaround 3.0 has been declared full. I'm creating Turnaround 4.0 to keep the hot topic going of When-are-Canadians-going-to-get-their-books-back?

In brief: Canadian customers are stuck in limbo waiting for their books to be returned. I myself have been waiting 11 months. CBCS states that because the border is closed, they can't open the store. The President, Steve Borock, won't give a solid answer, and continually passes the buck on to his manager of all things Canada, Steve Paulus. Steve Paulus is refusing to respond to emails.

Canadian customers are left to speculate and assume what could be true and what might not be true.

That's it in a nut shell.

...and begin.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@TMAN1980 not to be insensitive to your situation, but why not make a Canada TAT Thread? I mean it is pretty obvious that there are a bunch of issues affecting your situation that are not pertinent to most submitters.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Never thought of it. I was just continuing the thread from Turnaround 3.0.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Black_Katze private msg quote post Address this user
@crystalphoto
Aww.... bast from the past.
Spanky right?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
President Steve Borock really doesn't seem to have any say in the matter; he appears to be President in name only, really. he is the head grader and that appears to be about it, now that Beckett owns the company. there have been recent decisions that he hasn't had a hand in, apparently, and this issue witht the Canadian border looks to be a big one. if Steve Paulus is stuck on OUR side of the border (USA) then he has no way to actually do any Hiring on the Canadian side of the border, in order to facilitate mailings, does he? if he cannot get to Oakville, himself, then he can do nothing about the current situation. this highlights the need for a pure Canadian employee, maybe two, but until now, there hasn't seemed to be enough business coming out of Canada to require it. if Steve P cannot make a case for getting himself let across the border for business purposes, there is nothing he can do. right now, the problems appear to be Canadian Customs/Health related, don't they?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
President Steve Borock really doesn't seem to have any say in the matter; he appears to be President in name only, really. he is the head grader and that appears to be about it, now that Beckett owns the company. there have been recent decisions that he hasn't had a hand in, apparently, and this issue witht the Canadian border looks to be a big one. if Steve Paulus is stuck on OUR side of the border (USA) then he has no way to actually do any Hiring on the Canadian side of the border, in order to facilitate mailings, does he? if he cannot get to Oakville, himself, then he can do nothing about the current situation. this highlights the need for a pure Canadian employee, maybe two, but until now, there hasn't seemed to be enough business coming out of Canada to require it. if Steve P cannot make a case for getting himself let across the border for business purposes, there is nothing he can do. right now, the problems appear to be Canadian Customs/Health related, don't they?

Plot twist: While Steve has told me he is the only one working the Canadian Oakville location I have now been directly told by CBCS that 'We do hire Canadian employees and work with several Canadian businesses', sooo who knows what to believe if everyone is spitting out contradictory answers (especially notice the plural employees)

At the very least CBCS should be making it clear WHY Steve cannot make it into the office; give a clear transparent message (of which there has been none officially on the website or boards) and offer some idea of what they are doing as a company (are they working with their Canadian partners to mail out the many pending orders sitting in Oakville? Are they in the process of hiring someone local? etc
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Andr00 private msg quote post Address this user
Funny story is me and my buddy sent our comics out at the same booth same day at the same time, and apparently his comics have been misplaced.
so that's crappy. Hopefully they find them whenever the Canadian books start getting handled again.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector nancyraygun private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector sugarman private msg quote post Address this user
let's see. i'm hoping this gets sorted out soon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Has ANYBODY who has graded orders sitting in Oakville had their stuff shipped back yet (or know of someone who has)? I'm not 100% sure how to read the above statement; as in are they just looking into doing this partner shipping in the near future, or have these partners already been in the process of slowly shipping out orders from Oakville?

Also, why the hell is this update only going to a Facebook group and not here? Also, while I like to have some hope that is the exact same thing Steve has been saying for months now in email replies ('working with Oakville partners to get stuff shipped out. Will have an update soon/next week/shortly' etc) soooooooo :P
Post 11 IP   flag post

When I saw that, I immediately responded. (See pic)
Post 12 IP   flag post
After almost 2 weeks I finally got a reply from Steve.

Hopefully the encouraging news he is mentioning is good.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr00

I look forward to hearing his encouraging response later this week.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

I too look forward to this mystical good news this week...since he's sent pretty much the same email response to me over the last three months with no follow up for new details
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
since he's sent pretty much the same email response to me over the last three months with no follow up for new details

big oof
Post 16 IP   flag post
So guess what. Update:

Steve/CBCS is using Universal Distribution staff to assist in the process. I was told to expect my order to ship next week, however there is no exact timeline or schedule Steve is aware of. Universal Distribution works on their own established schedule for their own business and only once an opening in their workload will they ship CBCS orders. This shipping has NOT started, so no customer orders have yet to be looked at by Universal Distribution to date.

He also once again stressed that there are no other Canadian employees, something CBCS themselves told me and the Better Business Bureau directly.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hopefully it works out before the end of summer. Was this a personal message? I’m only hearing of these updates through forums like this.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Bluetomb private msg quote post Address this user
Received this today:

"Hi,

If you are receiving this, you sent away for our Mail-In Signing for Snyder, Capullo, Miller, Cates, Stegman, King, Gerads. I have talked to some of you already through email and the signature group on Facebook, but I wanted to send out a message to all of you. Originally I was hoping to have all the books back and done by the end of June. Due to everything going on in the world the signings were pushed back a few times by the art rep.

We did start the signings. Cates, Stegman, And Miller are done. In fact, anyone who only had any of those three on an invoice should see their invoice has moved from "billing" to "processing". I am still waiting on Snyder, Capullo, King & Gerads. My last update from the rep was that they were hoping to be finished by the end of this month. I already have an email in to them for a status update and will let you all know.

I appreciate your patience in this. This is a crazy time we are living in. I am trying my hardest to get these done, and they will be signed. If any of you are not already joined, please consider joining the "Official CBCS Signature Programs" page for news and updates as well.

If you have any further question please feel free to reach out to me directly. medwards@cbcscomics.com"
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector jibautolycus private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the e-mail from Steve Paulus confirming my address so they can ship my books directly from Dallas. We’re gonna get our books back!!! Yay!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN1980
Hopefully it works out before the end of summer. Was this a personal message? I’m only hearing of these updates through forums like this.

This was a direct email to him, which is the only way to get updates. It's frustrating.

I even asked WHY he didn't make an update post on the forum like the rest of CBCS, but he kinda ignored that question and I didn't get an answer.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm about to drop a 42 pound submission off at Fedex and hope to see it back here in 8 weeks with most of the comics slabbed that I grade screened.
Post 22 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Please show us when you get these back.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I will, but you might be disappointed. I don't think there's a single key, mostly recently released stuff and about 30 Spawn 300s.
Post 24 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I will, but you might be disappointed. I don't think there's a single key, mostly recently released stuff and about 30 Spawn 300s.

Still very cool!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:

Here we are, the end of the week. Have you heard any updates from Steve Paulus? I know @saucedog got a message. I did not receive any personal updates. I can assume that from SauceDog's message that books are slowly being distributed but with no definite timeline. It'd be nice for an official message from the powers-that-be, instead of hearing it from other customers.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My order went into shipping today so I’ll be stuck waiting over the weekend for it to ship

Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly! It seems like CBCS loves to move my submissions to shipping on friday morning or late thursday evening to torture me for the weekend cause they know i cant wait to receive to check grades.

Lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector xomanowar2099 private msg quote post Address this user
So, what is the turnaround time looking like for a submission made within the USA?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@xomanowar2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomanowar2099
So, what is the turnaround time looking like for a submission made within the USA?

As per the most recent update from Darryl Hayden, about 6 weeks for straight grading without special handling, signatures, press, etc.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601492 999 30