Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Fantastic Four Casting12399

Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
My son has a hobby of trying to find the most comic accurate looking actors. He found some images that I had to agree with. This is Yannick Bisson and his real-world wife Chantal Craig. Both actors. He thinks they would be great for Reed Richards and Susan Storm. I like it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Wizard Magazine used to have a recurring feature where they would cast hypothetical comic book movies. It was a fun read and of course they did Fantastic Four. Bear in mind this was the early 2000s so some actor choices made sense for their time and maybe not so much for ours

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
I remember those articles. I always thought Mel Gibson would have been a good Wolverine. Not too tall, from Australia, scrappy fighter like leathal weapon etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
My son has a hobby of trying to find the most comic accurate looking actors. He found some images that I had to agree with. This is Yannick Bisson and his real-world wife Chantal Craig. Both actors. He thinks they would be great for Reed Richards and Susan Storm. I like it.

Did you mean to include a picture?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly with the history of FF movies I would think no actor would want to go near the set!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Studios will do the FF correct.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Marvel Studios will do the FF correct.

When there were rumors of Joaquin Phoenix or Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr Strange... both would have created excellent portrayals of the character. Cumberbatch was selected and it amounted to excellent casting.

Now, I see the same rumors flying about for John Krafinski to portray Reed Richards. I kind of home that turns out to be true.

But as GAC said, Marvel Studios will do the FF correctly. If you can trust in anything, the casting department for these movies knows what they are doing for the big roles as well as the smaller roles. I'm looking at you Luis from Ant-Man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-r3mhlIJi0
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
I remember those articles. I always thought Mel Gibson would have been a good Wolverine. Not too tall, from Australia, scrappy fighter like leathal weapon etc.

But Wolverine is from Canada.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Buzzetta - John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic and his wife Emily Blount as Sue Storm. I thought this was old news.

Post 9 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid

Yes I did.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I would think Emily Blount is a little to old and a little to "Born for this" to play Sue Richards. By that I mean that Sue is more the reluctant hero who just wants to have a family while Emily Blount plays a really good trained and capable fighter.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Exactly, I always thought Sue was a reluctant, but capable, hero!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I would think Emily Blount is a little to old and a little to "Born for this" to play Sue Richards. By that I mean that Sue is more the reluctant hero who just wants to have a family while Emily Blount plays a really good trained and capable fighter.

It would be an interesting take on the character ... a bit tougher, maybe, than normally portrayed. Of course, Mr. Fantastic isn't really known as a fighter, either.

I love John Krasinski in just about every roll, but I'm not sure he's right for this one. It seems to my Krasinski is not so much the brainiac that Reed is ... more of an everyman quality. Maybe high in emotional intelligence, while Reed tends to miss social cues and such. At least, I think he does? Never read a whole lot of Fantastic Four.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I love the Fantastic Four and really want them to be done right in the MCU. I thought the casting of Ioan Gruffudd, Chris Evans, and Michael Chiklis was just fine, but they had to shoehorn in Jessica Alba as Susan. Horrible. Then they messed with the story too much. I hope they modernize the story, but keep it as comic accurate as possible. And please don't try to fix every supposed social injustice in society with this one movie.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I don't worry too much about casting these days just because with cable and streaming there is so much programming and so many capable actors and actresses out there that I'm completely unaware of. Honestly, after Iron Man much of the MCU was cast with actors that I knew by face, but not by name at the time. Looking back at the Wizard magazine from early 2000's it's kind of funny to think how much deeper the pool is today of capable and experienced actors.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600771 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?