Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

What was your first CBCS submission??12393

Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

My post from a month ago. Still haven't sent anything else yet. Soon. Hopefully.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
First submission December 2014

House of Secrets #92 [1971]
Incredible Hulk #180 [1974]
Justice League of America #75 [1969]
Swamp Thing #2 [0]
DC Comics Presents #26 [1980]
Swamp Thing #37 [1985]
Werewolf by Night #32 [1975]
X-Men #129 [1980]

I still own only the X-men 129 (9.6), DC Presents 26 (9.4) and Hulk 180 (4.5) the WW32 was a stunner at 9.4, unfortunately I promptly sold it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission is still "Processing," but Darryl already got ahold of me with a couple questions. Basic newbie mistake, that I forgot to add the info for the verified signatures with the sketch covers I sent in. Also, knowing what I know now, I would've separated the verified from the regular grades. Oh well, they'll get here when they get here.

But here's what I'm waiting on.

Silver Surfer #1 [1968]
Image Zero #0 [1993]
Rai and the Future Force #0 [1992]
Transformers #1 [1984]
Transformers: Infiltration #0E [2005] - BotCon Exclusive
Vengeance of Vampirella #1X [2019] - Frank Cho B&W Virgin Variant

Verified Signature and/or Sketch
Detective Comics #660 [1993] - Chuck Dixon, sig
G.I. Joe: Revolution #1 [2016] - Tim Shinn, sketch
Silver Surfer: Black #1 [2019] - Troy Dongarra, sketch
The Batman's Grave #1 [2019] - Troy Dongarra, sketch
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

had a couple more on my first submission that I either sold or cracked it out of the case. The hulk 1 and the iron fist 14 came back first, I didn't have them cleaned or pressed, in hind sight they both could use it

Major keys!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop

A couple 1st Black suit spidermans! And that She-Hulk!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
With Thanos being my favorite character, Iron Man 55 had to be my first submission. No press.

Bought this for $50 in the 90s.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Love that Iron Man 55!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission is there now. Just a few moderns, some variants that I have duplicates of - most of these will likely end up for sale. Only one I'm for sure keeping is the Bagley hidden gem cover of Absolute Carnage 1.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry no photos today.
Probably sent these in about 3 years ago.

She Hulk #1 V1 9.6
Booster Gold #1 9.6
Suicide Squad #1 9.6
ASM # 298. 9.4
X Men 121. 9.4

I believe Scifinator bought the She Hulk and the X Men books from me a few months back.

It was interesting and a learning experience being those where the first books I ever sent in besides a book that I had Stan Lee sign and it was sent to CGC during the signing. I thought the 9.6 were going to come back 9.8 and since then I have trained myself to have a better eye for picking better candidates to send out.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

This is looooooooong gone, but this was my 1st
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
In November of 2015, I had just started getting back into comics for a little over a year, and I went to a convention in Providence, RI where CBCS had a table. I had brought a backpack with about 20 comics in it that I had pretty hastily grabbed from various boxes the day before that I thought might be good candidates for grading (looking back, I wish I had thought it over more and had looked at the books more critically). I talked with a few guys at the CBCS table (Steve P. and Tim B.) and ended up submitting the following strange assortment of 16 comics:

SA - Iron Man #8, Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1, JIM #124, and Nick Fury #1

BA & SA - ASM #194, ASM #252 (3 copies), Batman Family #6, Defenders #1, DC Comics Presents #26, Jonah Hex #1, Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8, New Teen Titans #1, Star Wars #1, and Wolverine Mini-Series #1.

Steve and Tim were very helpful and knew their stuff, so I filled out all the paperwork and submitted those books, even though Steve told me that the TAT would be long, about 5 months due to the large volume of books submitted during conventions all summer and fall. I did get the books back in April (seemed like forever at the time), and I have been submitting to CBCS ever since.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Only 2.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
In November of 1985, I had just started getting back into comics for a little over a year, and I went to a convention in Providence, RI where CBCS had a table. I had brought a backpack with about 20 comics in it that I had pretty hastily grabbed from various boxes the day before that I thought might be good candidates for grading (looking back, I wish I had thought it over more and had looked at the books more critically). I talked with a few guys at the CBCS table (Steve P. and Tim B.) and ended up submitting the following strange assortment of 16 comics:

SA - Iron Man #8, Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1, JIM #124, and Nick Fury #1

BA & SA - ASM #194, ASM #252 (3 copies), Batman Family #6, Defenders #1, DC Comics Presents #26, Jonah Hex #1, Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8, New Teen Titans #1, Star Wars #1, and Wolverine Mini-Series #1.

Steve and Tim were very helpful and knew their stuff, so I filled out all the paperwork and submitted those books, even though Steve told me that the TAT would be long, about 5 months due to the large volume of books submitted during conventions all summer and fall. I did get the books back in April (seemed like forever at the time), and I have been submitting to CBCS ever since.

Are you sure about that date Ed? LOL
Post 39 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Wow, shouldn't type anything before at least two cups of coffee. Would you believe 2005? Okay, how about 2015?

PS - Fixed it. Thanks, Jesse!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

First two books dropped off at Emerald city comic con.
Restored JLA to see if they could detect restoration.
And a golden age subby with punch holes in the back to see if they could accurately grade a book with unusual damage to it.
Both books came back with the grade I expected.
Post 41 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 42 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Jesse_O - Wow, shouldn't type anything before at least two cups of coffee. Would you believe 2005?

I'd like to, but I don't think CBCS was around until 2014. Maybe try three cups?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Southern Cross! Love that Schomburg cover! Thanks for sharing.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop thanks mate. Unfortunately I only have 2 books that he had done covers of. Fantastic cover artist.
Post 45 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
There were a couple more, but these are the only two I have pics of handy.

Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
voh #35 one of my favorite covers
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
There were a couple more, but these are the only two I have pics of handy.

Signed by Tim H.!
Post 49 IP   flag post
598058 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?