Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Mail Call! One of my grails12389

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
So this Heritage auction win just arrived and I wanted to share. When I bid on it, my intension was to have it re-slabbed and be happy with the 8.5. Upon receiving it I see a clean and press could help the book. My question is this, can I get this book cleaned and pressed by CGC and still keep the 8.5? Or does having it cleaned and pressed mean I have to have it regraded? Thanks.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure that means a regrade.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely regraded. That's your purpose, after all.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Actually my purpose was have it re-slabbed and have it present better with a clean and press. My worry is it regrades at an 8.0.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
If cleaned and pressed properly, I don't see this book going down in grade. There is a lot of dirt on the back cover that will clean off nicely.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
You could just go for the reholder if you don't want to chance the grade drop. No one knows the grading criteria, so it could get a bump. Or it could go down. I don't know how it works at that place anymore.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, unfortunately, if you have them clean & press it, they have to regrade it. Have you purchased the Grader’s notes? It’s probably worth the $10-$15 to see if there are additional pressable defects.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank 00slim, no I haven't bought the grader's notes. Is that the cost? I thought it was $5 bucks. Another reason I'm on the CBCS chat site!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop awesome, I love that book. I was fortunate enough to sell some of my more expensive non key books and buy a 9.6 graded. I have a few of the first generation cgc labels that I know would get a grade bump but I would rather keep them as they are. I to me it's like the simplicity of the art in the golden age books, it has that nostalgic feel. Great pick up
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop I think it’s slightly higher for pricey books. I could be wrong.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Batman66 thanks for the advice, I may consider. Very jealous you have a 9.6! Next grail is still an Iron man 1 7.5 or better, must have white pages. Wish me luck.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
it's an old holder so notes may not exist.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito

Same could be said about new holders. I have a 9.2 amazing Spider-man 194 with no notes.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop I bought one of those off the stand a few decades ago....well, keep in mind a said a few not several decades ago, it was the second print.

You have a very nice pick up there. Congrats and best wishes on the press, clean and regrade and hoping you score a 9.something.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks Scifinator! I'll let you all know what I decide and how I make out. nuff said...
Post 15 IP   flag post

My ASM 101 goes very nicely with this beauty!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Just get it reholder if u don’t want to take a chance
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Thank 00slim, no I haven't bought the grader's notes. Is that the cost? I thought it was $5 bucks. Another reason I'm on the CBCS chat site!

You don't want CBCS to CPR it?
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop Being an older label and seeing how CGC is grading these days, a Press and Clean will almost guarantee a grade bump....almost guarantee.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I actually think CBCS is stricter graders, so no.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop

My ASM 101 goes very nicely with this beauty!

The colors on that are amazing!
Post 21 IP   flag post
598060 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?