Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Should I be concerned?12382

Collector r_kruss private msg quote post Address this user
I recently had a couple of books graded and slabbed by CBCS (Amazing Spider-Man 91 and Fantastic Four 59) with the "old" holders. Both holders have a clip holding the bottom of the books inside the holder. I also just had two more books graded and placed in the new holders, which do not appear to have clips.

Here is my question: I just received Showcase 61, which I bought from ComicLink. The comic was submitted to CBCS in 2018. The CBCS submission number on the label matches what was specified by ComicLink, and the comments in the notes match how the comic looks. However, there is no clip at the bottom of the comic. I can't see any signs of the holder being opened. Should I be concerned about this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post an image of the book in question so people get a better idea of the situation and can provide more pertinent answers
Post 2 IP   flag post
O.K., will do shortly.
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
That’s the old case, you can see the clips along the top and bottom just past the corners.

Nothing to be concerned about
Post 6 IP   flag post
Great, thanks for the input!
Post 7 IP   flag post
No problem! Welcome to the boards!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kruss

Love the art work on that book congrats.

Here’s mine.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I love the go-go checkerboard comics! Too bad DC only had them for a year or so.
Post 10 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum, @r_kruss.

That cover is one of my favorites of all time. I have a couple of copies myself. 🙂
Post 11 IP   flag post
600882 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?