Questions

Value of first cover apperance12380

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@GAC

Check this out. The cover of Avengers #57 is actually an homage to the Marvel Mystery Comics splash page featuring the first appearance of the Golden Age Vision

I definitely didnt know this..very cool!!

Post 26 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Here is an example of an over busy cover with no Nebula on the cover. I never liked this cover.

It’s looks like Starfox is about to be taken out by Captain America’s shield.
Post 27 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck but on the "my cup is half-full", Cap's shield is stuck on Mr. T's chest.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@CaptainCanuck but on the "my cup is half-full", Cap's shield is stuck on Mr. T's chest.

👍
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector groovy31 private msg quote post Address this user
I remembered the covers I was thinking of: Gwenom in Gardians of Knowhere #1/Spider-Gwen 24, Mary Jane Venom in ASM 678. Then with Dark Metal #3 coming in August with the Robin King variant cover. It doesn't seem that CBCS or CGC denote a first cover appearance of a character, that I could find.
Post 30 IP   flag post

He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@groovy31 The reason for that is because unless their first appearance is on a cover, it doesn't really count in their books. My guess is that rule falls under the "cameo rule" when determining said case. Which makes more sense when compared to the whole "1st appearance in own/solo series" bit.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@GAC

Check this out. The cover of Avengers #57 is actually an homage to the Marvel Mystery Comics splash page featuring the first appearance of the Golden Age Vision

Now that is cool!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@Puckster Yoo no likey chromium, holofoil, acetate, embossed, glow in the dark, scratch and sniff covers? I am pretty sure i missed about 8765937 other types.

Exactly. Don't forget the Superman vs. Lobo Do-It-Yourself with Colorforms cover.
Post 33 IP   flag post
597875 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?