Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Cracking New Slabs12376

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not really in regards to anything other than curiosity but does CBCS have official guidelines for cracking its new slabs? Has anyone here tried it yet?

The old slabs were pretty straight forwards, break the clips then cut open the inner sleeve (always nerve racking getting a sharp edge that close to a comic).

The new cases aren’t that straightforward but they don’t seem like they will be as much a pain to open as CGC’s current slab
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
Stick a screwdriver in the slots at the bottom and snap them open.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, I guess I didn’t look super closely at the new case. I’ll take a look at it when I get home

And just for good measure let me reiterate, the current CGC slabs are an absolute PAIN!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm guessing these will be a pain as well. The slots at the bottom are mainly for some air flow.
Post 4 IP   flag post
At least there are slots. The CGC cases don’t seem to be designed to open up. Last one I opened I ended up with sharp jagged edges and shards before I could even get the inner sleeve out of the case
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
This will be much different then the old case.

The holes at the bottom are a option but we recommend opening by cracking the top corner and working the case open much like the way you would crack a competitor case.

WARNING: CRACKING OPEN THE NEW CASES WILL DAMAGE YOUR CASE UNLIKE THE ORIGINAL VERSION.!!

Since the case is completely sealed sonically you will have to crack the corner with a tool of your choice then work along the sides to open. See images below.

Again you can use the bottom holes as a starting point, but working from the top will be much easier we think.

That said I know you guys will become pros in no time and have your own tricks you can share lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info @Darryl_H
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Thanks, I guess I didn’t look super closely at the new case. I’ll take a look at it when I get home

And just for good measure let me reiterate, the current CGC slabs are an absolute PAIN!
It was actually pretty easy for me to crack a CGC slab (only one I’ve cracked though). I split the top edge and cracked in half.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I just let them fall off my wall naturally, cracks them every time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600510 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?