Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor SaleMemorabiliaRaw Comics For Sale

YoyTube Auctions Beef12368

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Since Covid-19, YouTube auctions have been blowing up. There isn't a single evening you can't find one or two live auctions on YouTube. My beef is this, If you have a panel of 4,5 or sellers on a YouTube auction they shouldn't be able to bid against non-sellers. I don't care if they want the book badly, it's unethical. There is no doubt in my mind they agree to bid each others books up on occasion. Secondly, I have a beef with the seller who shows his book, gives a blanket description, like "This is a beautiful book" and waits for the bidding to start before mentioning the color breaking ticks or tanning on the back cover! I really love when they say, "I'm not a grader so they hold the book up to the camera for the bidders to guestimate the grade. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Nuff said,,
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Those are some (of many) reasons why I just avoid these types of auctions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I have watched several facebooks live auctions. The comics always seem to go for more than they should. I am also starting to suspect more shill bidding goes on more than we thought including ebay. I have even got shilled bid up on mycomicshop before. Specifically what you are talking about, I have never participated in one and I wouldn't trust them anyway.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Thread title is misleading! I was excited to get a good deal on a beef brisket at a YoyTube auction!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
All over Instagram as well
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer to not have to watch something for several hours in order to bid on a comic that looks much nicer than it actually is due to being in a mylites bag.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moodswing, you are so on the money! I thought I was crazy watching bidders pay $50 for a VF copy of Hulk 377 (first print)! And yes Flanders, they always show them off in the magic of Mylar! There are definitely bidders with deep pockets who are addicted to simply winning these auctions and don't have a clue what the books are worth. Well thank you all for allowing me to vent! As they say misery love company.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop I'd gladly part ways with my Hulk 377 VF 2nd print for $50. Maybe I should start selling on Facebook if there are that many suckers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Doc_Cop I'd gladly part ways with my Hulk 377 VF 2nd print for $50. Maybe I should start selling on Facebook if there are that many suckers.

In my sad experience, the suckers only show up for other peoples' sales, never for mine.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
i thought someone was auctioning beef!!! Mmmmmmmmm beeeeefff
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
the auction guys remind me of Sony Guts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb_R1VZqLcE b

There used to be a better SNL skit with Tom Hanks called Sabra Price is Right but I think it has been removed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I've been watching (and bought from) a Facebook page that several stores take part in. For the most part, they aren't auctions. It's all fixed price. You just have to be quick enough to make a claim which gets really frustrating. Don't think I could do an auction like that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A guy that ran a store around here was doing auctions. All of the sudden the auction style quit and it went to what as @Puckster says here. I asked about it because I preferred the auction. Apparently legal matters in Oh say you have to have a licensed auctioneer if its thru a business? I dunno. I will say that the fixed price comes down to has the fastest and best interwebs con nex she own.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
A guy that ran a store around here was doing auctions. All of the sudden the auction style quit and it went to what as @Puckster says here.

Did he have any beef for sale in any of those auctions?
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nah, not him. Gizzards n stuff.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Catcover - that would be my luck as well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598069 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?