Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Opinions please.12349

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Let me preface, I am only asking for opinions from an aesthetics point of view and am frankly not interested in opinions as to what one thinks of CBCS's decision on VSP labels. That has been debated in a locked thread, so spare everyone and move on please.

Second, most of the pics were done by quick phone scan, so that is the reason some of the printing and labels look jacked up.

That said, I have 8 different VSP's with red labels. There is one that hands down I think looks best with old label which I will keep as is (that being the Hellstorm 1 which I have attached a sample of both a yellow ASP and Red VSP side by side). There are a couple that I am pretty confident will look better with new Yellow label. Then there are 5 that I am just not sure. If by some chance you have any of the other seven in yellow, please feel free to attach image so I can compare.

Thank you in advance for your aesthetic and artistic opinions.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I gotcha @Jesse_O
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think the Turok and Hard Case might look aesthetically nicer with a yellow label. Any cover that has some yellow in it I think might match more. Your Hellstrom 1s look awesome in both red and yellow labels!....and the blue too!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@GAC - Thanks. On the Hellstorm, I definately don't think the yellow looks bad, I just think the red blends better and keeps the attention on the cover art.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The SS1 I'd keep red..that one looks sharp in red.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@GAC - Thanks. On the Hellstorm, I definately don't think the yellow looks bad, I just think the red blends better and keeps the attention on the cover art.

Agreed! of the 3 coloured labels..red is the best looking one!
Post 6 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I am so glad I am not the only one that likes ultraverse and the strangers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Take your time. Relabeling isn't the most important thing to be plowing money into.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Take your time. Relabeling isn't the most important thing to be plowing money into.

Is too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
I am so glad I am not the only one that likes ultraverse and the strangers.

It's Prime time!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
For me, it would be less about the new label, and more about the new case. Just something to consider.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I'm the same, I think the new cases design in general will make the comics pop more than any specific color.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I think they all look fine with Red labels. For resale value HardCase and Turok might be more visually appealing with a yellow label. As mentioned; the new cases would make them look better regardless. I think with a re-holder you would get a new label anyway (correct me if I’m wrong)

👍🏻
Post 13 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash correct. I had not been contemplating sending my collection in for re-holder until the VSP announcement. So like i mentioned hellstorm will stay as is. I was almost certain to send in hardcase and probably x-men 100 due to the yellow spots like the price bubble. Anyone have examples in yellow. Form the past few years?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I LOVE the red labels. I also like the old cases...
Post 15 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller lol!!!! you're playing with 🔥.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbaySeller lol!!!! you're playing with .

Yeah, I'm not sure if what I did there would be considered trolling or troll-baiting. Just trying to give you all a chuckle.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Yeah, I'm not sure if what I did there would be considered trolling or troll-baiting. Just trying to give you all a chuckle.

Definitely funny and definitely cool with me. 🍻
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Oh i was so close to uping your troll-baiting with another troll bait related to another locked thread by suggesting you pull down your .... .... if it is affecting your vision, but i dont want to Hijack my on Thread, Don’t want to agitate the Mods, and seriously want to hear the aesthetic opinions Related to my comics above.

So please do chime in and thank you to those who already have.

Cheers and good night
Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator - Rich, now you have me wondering about my red label X-Men #100 and if it would look better with a yellow label! When it comes to matters like this, ask the wife and/or daughter.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I prefer the red labels because I can tell from a distance that they are Verified signatures (Sigs?) and not witnessed. Once you get them relabeled it's going to be total chaos trying to tell the verified from the witnessed in your own collection.
yeah and then you will have to actually read the labels and thats just out of the question..good call ebayseller
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Scifinator - Rich, now you have me wondering about my red label X-Men #100 and if it would look better with a yellow label! When it comes to matters like this, ask the wife and/or daughter.

X-Men 100 was one of my bigger question marks which is why I am hoping someone can post a CBCS ASP for that issue. On the one hand there is the Red X-Men logo which kinda pulls from the label but then there are all those yellow/gold splashes and the different greens that make up so much of the cover, that make me think the yellow label would blend better and tend to allow the cover to pop more whereas i am thinking the Red label has a slightly opposite effect.

then on the Silver Surfer, my leaning is toward keeping red. Granted, the scan below of the red is a much better quality than the photo, so again, does anyone have a better scan/photo of SS#1 in ASP?

Post 22 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent in a submission order; I had a few books for reholder with it.
Since I was already sending books in I considered my Spider-Man 2099 1 VSP. I decided the red foil goes too well with the red/pink VSP label; keeping it as is.
The other reholders were for a deeply scuffed up case and a rivet label.
Post 23 IP   flag post
So far for me, I am leaning:

X-Men 100 - Yellow (but really would like to see a good ASP image to compare)

Turok - Yellow ((but really would like to see a good ASP image to compare)

Strangers - Red

Silver Surfer #1 - Red ((but really would like to see a good ASP image to compare as the one above is both a crappy pic and old label)

Marvel Fanfare #1 - No clue (kinda need an ASP to compare to)

Hard Case - Yellow

Good Guys - The cover are screams Red label, but then there is that Yellow Good Guys logo that make me wonder about a Yellow label.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I would think it fairly easy to photo-alter the colors for quick comparisons, but that's my Wife’s job, not mine. :-)
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
I would think it fairly easy to photo-alter the colors for quick comparisons, but that's my Wife’s job, not mine. :-)

@cyrano0521 Thanks for the idea. Here is my first foray into that:

For this, I lean red. Agree / Disagree?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Definitely Red label for the SS 1
Post 27 IP   flag post
598059 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?