Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

Slab problem12337

Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user

So recently as today , while i was looking for a specific graded book i noticed that this one felt flimsy and odd , when i took out the plastic cover i nptoced with my hand that the left side felt a bit , from what the best i can describe open and when i checked it out it pretty much was able to open it a bit more to the point where i feel if i somehow i end up dropping it , the whole case will break open like nothing, so my question is. Does cbcs cover this in anyway or would i have to pay for the reslabbing , i got this book submitted last year at LA comic con and ive never once dropped the slab and the other slabs that came back with this one are all fine and feel perfectly firm.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cohnman private msg quote post Address this user
A $10 reslabbing fee would apply but it would be in a new case they now have,
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that problem was fixed with the release of the new cases.
Post 3 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that is normal for the CBCS slabs and nothing really to worry about.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's not a problem. That's the way they are manufactured.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
As long as no one does that and shoves something in there, the book is safe.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Randomdoge As others have said, this is normal of the old slab. There is nothing wrong with it so they won’t cover anything.

The new slab design does not have this so if you really wanted to, you could submit it for reslabbing to get the new slab
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite so where would I go to submit to get a new slab? Also should I just wait till things speed up , dont wanna wait almost a year like I am now with my books that I sent to get pressed
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Randomdoge It is an option when adding a book to an online order. It’s in the guide just past the Slab-Only option

Turnaround time for CBCS Pressing is still a terrible problem. I cannot recommend it. Regular grading submissions are only about 5 weeks at the moment
Post 9 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@Randomdoge My experience with CBCS slabs, with me cracking one open because of reasons, is that you (and others) have nothing to worry about. The inner well they use is pretty tough to the point that dropping it did not put the comic at risk.

As for having it re-cased (or "re-slabbed" you will find said option here. Their "CBCS Re-folder" option is $10 and is 2-3 weeks. (Godspeed if you also need to have any comics pressed and cannot afford to use their faster options.)
Post 10 IP   flag post
601492 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?