Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back from CGC. Noah Sult a fellow forum member did this awesome sketch on the back cover of the book.

Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte oh and it got a 9.8 that’s rad! Glad you’re happy with it man. Thank you for grabbing one. My issue 1 variant is sold out except for my limited convention stock (if those come back). I get My issue 2 variant comps next week.
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Glorious
Post 428 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@NoahSult

I sent a picture to my brother and he asked why there were 2 covers? Honestly I had to look up a picture of a raw book to explain that you did such an awesome job it could have been a cover art.
Post 429 IP   flag post
@Bronte that’s about the highest compliment an artist can ask for. I truly appreciate it.
Post 430 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, that's a hell of a sketch. If all artists did em like that I would probably buy sketches.
Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte damn that’s sweet!
Post 432 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

Got these two Wednesday from LCS. Read issue 2 last night, good lots of back story and cliffhangers. Also can’t wait until my 2 variants come from Ben Bishop over at Bish Kids Club/ Split Decision.
Post 433 IP   flag post
I bought the Bish variants too. They're great.
Post 434 IP   flag post
Eeeeeeeeee! These are pretty great in person.

Post 435 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Eeeeeeeeee! These are pretty great in person.

Looking good!!!
Post 436 IP   flag post
The lastest! (Still waiting on the #1's to show up...)

Post 437 IP   flag post
I heard the 3rd book will NOT have a bartling variant.

=(
Post 438 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to pick up and read the directors cut today. Liked it enough that I went back to my LCS and grabbed the foil cover. Now to catch up with with issue 2 and wait for 3!
Post 439 IP   flag post
I've really been enjoying the book.

The decision for no Bartling cover on #3 makes ZERO sense. Really dumb decision imo.
Post 440 IP   flag post
From my understanding they are cutting out almost all the variants. Given bartling only had 350 copies each issue its not like he was flooding the market with his work. But admittedly he had some of the best covers on the first 2 books and I wish he had done the entire set of 5.
Post 441 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my copies of first printing #1 from CGC. All of them got 9.8s (4) and my ashcan edition got a 9.6. Very successful submission
Post 442 IP   flag post
I have 6 ashcans in purgatory..... the 7th in between myself and CGC....
Post 443 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Pictures...I NEED PICTURES!!!
Post 444 IP   flag post
These ones arrived today:

I have yet to receive one of these variants without some sort of minor ding in them somewhere. Get'n pretty tired of this nonsense...
Post 445 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@kaptainmyke Pictures...I NEED PICTURES!!!

After my move. Everything is in boxes right now
Post 446 IP   flag post
Collector M4zz0928 private msg quote post Address this user
If you guys don't mind me asking, as I'm a newbie to the site, and comics. The number on the top of the sealed comics, I'm assuming that's a grade for the condition? Also, I'm very interested in collecting this Last Ronin set of comics. I see when shopping around there's multiple covers, is that the extent to the differences, is one better than others? Does anyone have a good source of buying their comics too? I'm in NY so I don't mind buying in person or on the web. Anyways sorry for all the questions as I have no idea what I'm getting into. I just saw the last Ronin on the web and was instantly interested. Thanks and good to be here.
Post 447 IP   flag post
@M4zz0928
Welcome to the forum.

If you are referring to the comics sealed in plastic yes the number on the left is the grade out of a possible 10. With 9.8 being the most realistic high. 9.9 and 10 are exceptionally rare and command significant increases in money.

Variants are the general name for the different covers. The value one places on which is better is a market decision. For example the Bartling variants carry a high value over the default covers and most variants.

Lastly I would suggest you look around and ask questions before plunging in. The hobby can get very expensive and you don't want to buy on speculation and have regrets because you didn't do your homework.
Post 448 IP   flag post
Collector M4zz0928 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Gotcha, thanks.
Post 449 IP   flag post
600498 449 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?