Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 6 copies of the ashcan to be graded. I saw one 9.2 and the guy can't even sell it. I'm severely hoping this doesn't bomb.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I think the series will be a hit. Modern ashcans are a tough sell in my opinion. They usually aren't true ashcans anymore.

I hope the people that are selling preorders on eBay of the regular covers are dealers. Otherwise, they may get royally screwed.
Post 202 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I believe you are correct.

The ashcans prolly wasn't my brightest move. However, with your suggestions on the bartlings poster and books, it was a small lesson to learn.

=)
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Already news on shorting of the first prints... good lord this book.

Here's to hoping we ever get'em!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Well its only a few weeks to find out. I gambled on a few books so I'm hoping for the best like all of us.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 in my Midtown Comics Pull list and just sent them an email asking if I will get at least one. Hope i get a yes reply.
Post 206 IP   flag post
I'll be double checking today, I don't think I even bothered to ask for a regular cover with all the variants I bought.

Be sorting that oot today!
Post 207 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I hope the Bartling variant (the OP for this thread) is not shorted.
That would not be good.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I hope the Bartling variant (the OP for this thread) is not shorted.
That would not be good.

This brings up something I've always wondered about variants. Let's say the publisher decides to print 1,000 comics of cover 'a'. Now, a store comes along and says they want 100 copies of their own cover, cover 'b'. Since they have planned to print 1,000 comics, do they now do 900 of cover 'a' and 100 of cover 'b'? Or do they print 1,100? I would THINK they print 1,100, but I've never been able to confirm it.

Edited for clarity.
Post 209 IP   flag post
I have no proof but my thoughts are that they print the extra copies. When they say there are 1000 copies if variant b, I would imagine it would be false advertising to say well there was actually 900 and 100 with a special variant c
Post 210 IP   flag post
@Bronte I was kind of thinking of how companies are routinely offering 2 covers now. They never say there are xxx amount of cover b, it is just another cover they offer. DC does a lot with cover b being a cardstock cover. Marvel just likes variants.
Post 211 IP   flag post
My apologies. I was thinking more along the lines of variants and virgins like the attached.

Post 212 IP   flag post
I'm a little less concerned about the number of books, but more with the limited availability of this paper they're blaming everything on. I assume this paper needs to be spread out over all the various cover versions. Sooo if one is getting shorted...
Post 213 IP   flag post
@Bronte no worries. I probably should have kept it simple and just used one regular cover. In fact, I think I will edit it!!
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
I'm a little less concerned about the number of books, but more with the limited availability of this paper they're blaming everything on. I assume this paper needs to be spread out over all the various cover versions. Sooo if one is getting shorted...

That's what I was kind of saying. Does the regular cover get shorted due to number of variants? If they were planning on 1,000 comics and only plan on supplies for 1,000 comics, do variants cut into the total number of the regular cover?
Post 215 IP   flag post
@Terry88 I would THINK the variants will be filled. I'm sure they are paying more per comic than the actual publisher is, so it'd make sense to short the regular to fill the variants.
Post 216 IP   flag post
Ya, I agree. It's a likely cause, at least partially, why there are issues with the regular edition.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I've requested 2 copies when it comes out, we'll see. Is the size going to be the same as the Ashcan or smaller than that, anyone know?
Post 218 IP   flag post
I still wish I had grabbed more of these when they came out. Shoulda-coulda-woulda.

Post 219 IP   flag post
I ordered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin (incentive 1:25 cover - Santolouco) back in July. I hope they fill it!

Post 220 IP   flag post
Positive review

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-last-ronin-1-tmnt-review/
Post 221 IP   flag post
We are waaaay too close to start dropping reviews! I have my suspecions, but if this gets leaked or spoiled for me ima be pissssssssssssssssed.
Post 222 IP   flag post
@Terry88

My apologies. I didn't think it was a huge spoiler.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Ok, I read the review. No major spoilers, just a broad look at the storyline. It made me even more excited about this!!!! Thanks for sharing that, @Bronte
Post 224 IP   flag post
hahaha I didn't mean your link, I just mean these kinds of things are gonna start popping up more and more. I've been sooooo careful.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Ok.

I suffer from immense guilt. No offense but a I am told my guilt is worse than a Catholic and a Jewish person hybrid.

Edit

Or as the song goes, I have enough guilt to start my own religion.....
Post 226 IP   flag post
hahaha
Post 227 IP   flag post
So I ordered rorschach from line breakers and got their challenge coins. Which is cooler than the book. I cant wait to see the turtle coin.

Edit

Just noticed.

The coins are numbered differently
Post 228 IP   flag post
I saw that we're getting coins with the Last Ronin, but is this just a new thing now that some companies are doing with book releases? Or is it just Linerbreakers?
Post 229 IP   flag post
@Terry88

Just linebreakerscomics.

I believe Jesse stated they are doing it for their specials for future books. I'm a sucker because they are hefty and cool. I'd buy their variants just for the coin. Which I did.
Post 230 IP   flag post
600649 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?