Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Ya for sure. I've ordered so many of these now from so many locations it's tough for me to keep track. I think just the Bartling's are being graded though.
Post 176 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Most of my stuff goes through this app called shop. They keep track of all the comic purchases automatically and you can edit titles so you can modify expected release dates and such.

Post 177 IP   flag post
Ooooo I need to look into this
Post 178 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I use android. No idea if they have it for iPhone. But you can see that I bought from a plethora of places and it keeps them all in track. So its easy to figure out.
Post 179 IP   flag post
If you feel like gambling, 1/5 boxes are supposed to have a raw copy of the ronin book.

I think its 75$ to buy in.

Post 180 IP   flag post

I see, nm

There were only 300 of these... how are they doing this?
Post 181 IP   flag post
They might have kept personal stock. Being the exclusive store, I would have kept quite a few for emergency replacement or what not.

I know the graded book and the ashcan went quick. I didn't expect there to be any time sensitive stuff so I didn't login to paypal early. Now I know better....
Post 182 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
They might have kept personal stock. Being the exclusive store, I would have kept quite a few for emergency replacement or what not.

I know the graded book and the ashcan went quick. I didn't expect there to be any time sensitive stuff so I didn't login to paypal early. Now I know better....

I was lucky enough to snag a copy of the ashcan through The Comic Mint. I have heard these are hard to keep in great condition, though. Fingers crossed!
Post 183 IP   flag post
Update.

Apparently they sent the password to the secret access area to everyone by mistake. I emailed the company and stated that I wouldn't have bought the one book for admission if I didn't think I had a chance to get any cool stuff.

He said he verified that all the good stuff was ordered by legit folks but had 1 spare ashcan. He made it available to me so I just bought that.

Good luck on the ashcan being in good condition. They are incredibly fragile from what I've seen.
Post 184 IP   flag post
Looks like I shoulda swallowed my pride and went after foil version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184423920610
Post 185 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Good luck on the ashcan being in good condition. They are incredibly fragile from what I've seen.

Speaking of the fragile, oversized ashcan ... anyone know, will CBCS or CGC grade it? It looks to be 11.5 x 7.5 inches.
Post 186 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Looks like I shoulda swallowed my pride and went after foil version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184423920610

Hmmmm... this Metal version for 10K or an original TMNT #1 for 10k.... hmmm.... hmmmmm.

I think I have my answer
Post 187 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Speaking of the fragile, oversized ashcan ... anyone know, will CBCS or CGC grade it? It looks to be 11.5 x 7.5 inches.

I emailed CGC and they confirmed they will grade it as a magazine.

I sent mine to cfp pressing since pressing at cgc was so cost prohibitive.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Anyone see this one coming up? I woulda liked to get one.

https://mutantbeavercomics.com/products/pre-order-tmnt-the-last-ronin-1-nycc-2020-raymond-gay-virgin-exclusive-11-15-20?_pos=4&_sid=804ac8c11&_ss=r&variant=32475615494193

Post 189 IP   flag post
Pretty awesome cover.
Do you think its regular size or magazine size?

Too bad its sold out

Edit

On ebay, it is listed as oversize
Post 190 IP   flag post
I expect it to be the same as all the others, so I believe it's an oversized book.
Post 191 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Post 192 IP   flag post
CBCS really needs to get their magazine slabs in order
Post 193 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
There really are a plethora of beautiful covers for this Last Ronin.
And they just seem to keep selling and selling out regardless of pricing scheme.
Post 194 IP   flag post
I very much hope that the story lives up to the hype... My hopes are way WAY up.
Post 195 IP   flag post
I just hope they live up to the hype.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Bleeding Cool News: Retailers Will Not Be Getting All The TMNT: Last Ronin They Ordered.
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/retailers-tmnt-last-ronin-ordered/
Post 197 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I had to look it up. I preordered my copy from MCS on June 21st. That was WAY before it blew up!!! If they short me, I am going to be pissed!!!
Post 198 IP   flag post
Given the amount of variants being sold, I'm not surprised there will be issues. Have you looked at the different options on ebay lately?
Post 199 IP   flag post
@Bronte yeah, I have. It's nuts!!! I've been waiting to see #3 on the preorders, but it hasn't shown up yet. I hope this series is as good as the expectations.
Post 200 IP   flag post
I submitted 6 copies of the ashcan to be graded. I saw one 9.2 and the guy can't even sell it. I'm severely hoping this doesn't bomb.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Personally, I think the series will be a hit. Modern ashcans are a tough sell in my opinion. They usually aren't true ashcans anymore.

I hope the people that are selling preorders on eBay of the regular covers are dealers. Otherwise, they may get royally screwed.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I believe you are correct.

The ashcans prolly wasn't my brightest move. However, with your suggestions on the bartlings poster and books, it was a small lesson to learn.

=)
Post 203 IP   flag post
Already news on shorting of the first prints... good lord this book.

Here's to hoping we ever get'em!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Well its only a few weeks to find out. I gambled on a few books so I'm hoping for the best like all of us.
Post 205 IP   flag post
601453 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?