Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone noticed someone selling these copies of this Bartling variant out of China/Hong Kong for $15 apiece?
Obviously there is some type of shenanigans, but I wonder what's really going on.
6 of 8 have already sold.
One individual left negative feedback that you'll never get books from him (pertaining to this Bartling variant), but the comic isn't shipping for awhile still.
Further, the comic was bought yesterday and the negative feedback left on the same day?

I don't know wth is going on anymore. But if it smells smelly... it probably is smelly
Post 126 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think they make up for the difference via the shipping cost.

But your right, chances are they are waiting for the ebay time to expire and hope the buyers will forget or deal with consequences later where it will be more difficult to dispute.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe the buyers just really like filling out claim paperwork?
Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, so Aaron Bartling (the artist of the Linebreakers variant) shared this on Facebook tonight.

I think it is GREAT that DC is recognizing young talent and giving them chances to get their name out there!!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Prices are as crazy as ever lately - particularly on Moderns. I don't get it, but I stopped trying to understand stuff a long long time ago.

It’s an elitist mentality. Pay what you are willing/can to get what others can’t. It’s just like clothing or shoes. Limited supply of the line for the demand then others profit On those who missed out.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Anyone else pick up the Ashcan?

I wish!
Post 131 IP   flag post
Well, I got my free Last Ronan print today!! For those that missed it, Linebreakers did a print giveaway of the cover of their wildly successful Last Ronin cover. All I did was pay shipping, $5.

Post 132 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Well, I got my free Last Ronan print today!! For those that missed it, Linebreakers did a print giveaway of the cover of their wildly successful Last Ronin cover. All I did was pay shipping, $5.

How would one get their hands on something like that?
Post 133 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That offer expired.

As for future, just read the forums and pray you have a member like @Jesse_O sharing news and events.

In this thread, I got the upgraded raw book to remarked and the print. Opted to not try for foil out of annoyance of it being overt money grab.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Thanks @Bronte. I try to pass along things that I think members might enjoy. Most of the time it's a flop, but every once in a while something connects!!! LOL

@Firehawk2069 about the only way to find one now is to buy it second hand off of eBay. I'm sure some people took advantage of it and got extras to flip. The comic was an immediate sellout and helped the artist get noticed and commissioned by DC.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still feeling the hurt from not getting one of these. The cover artwork is so awesome.
Post 136 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

You may have had a flop in the past, but you hit mother load with this book. Ebay still commands crazy prices for thos book.

I'm just anxious to see the book and coin in person.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Ya I'm excited to see it too.

Did any of you read any of the horror stories about some of the prints and how they were mailed out? I saw one post where it was just folded up into a square and squeezed into a comic bag with a board... I find that kinda really hard to believe.

But they posted a pic of the aftermath.
Post 138 IP   flag post

Mine came in a makeshift box. I have yet to open it though. I just assumed I'd damage it. Lol
Post 139 IP   flag post
@Bronte that's what mine came in also. It was folded really weird and I had to cut the tape on one end, but otherwise it was damage free.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Mine is damaged.
Didn't spend anything for it other than shipping so c'est la vie.

I get the feeling the vast majority of prints are damaged to some degree based on:
1. Extraordinarily flimsy paper stock the print is on
2. The shipping container. Dear lord!
3. The manner in which it was placed in the container. "Jammed in" I would state eloquently.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Just read on the Facebook group Aaron is doing covers for all 6 issues.

The others will hopefully have much better availability than a print run of 300.
Post 142 IP   flag post
I did get my hands on the ashcan, have 3 actually. If there is any interest in buying or trading for two I’d be all ears.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069
I did get my hands on the ashcan, have 3 actually. If there is any interest in buying or trading for two I’d be all ears.

How much? What are you looking for in trades?
Post 144 IP   flag post
I checked sold on eBay, looks like a middle ground would be $25 shipped. Of course I will follow any and all sale rules of the forum. As far as trades really would love to find a Defenders 10, any of the Mirage TMNT, could wait for any of the Last Ronin variants, Silver Surfer vol.3 34,35,36. Just a short list.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069
I checked sold on eBay, looks like a middle ground would be $25 shipped. Of course I will follow any and all sale rules of the forum. As far as trades really would love to find a Defenders 10, any of the Mirage TMNT, could wait for any of the Last Ronin variants, Silver Surfer vol.3 34,35,36. Just a short list.

Cool cool. I just picked up 3 copies from a guy on eBay for about $48 shipped, but prices do seem to be a little all over the place. I’ve got a copy of the TMNT Annual coming from the IDW SDCC sale if you’d be interested in a trade.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Yes very possible.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Article below says that it is delayed and will ship in October. Has anyone heard anything from other sources?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kevin-eastman-and-peter-lairds-tmnt-last-ronin-delayed-with-changes/

Edit

Remaining books in the set schedule....

TMNT THE LAST RONIN #2 (OF 5)
IDW PUBLISHING
AUG200574
Secrets are revealed as we begin to discover what happened in the past to lead to this nightmarish future.  The Ronin meets an unexpected new ally, but the Foot Clan begins an exhaustive sweep of the Bottom to find the vengeful mutant. And what role does Baxter Stockman play? SRP: $8.99. On Sale Date: 12/16/20

TMNT THE LAST RONIN #3 (OF 5)
IDW PUBLISHING
On Sale Date: 2/17/21

TMNT THE LAST RONIN #4 (OF 5)
IDW PUBLISHING
On Sale Date: 4/14/21

TMNT THE LAST RONIN #5 (OF 5)
IDW PUBLISHING
On Sale Date: 5/19/21
Post 148 IP   flag post
Another site

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/19/tmnt-the-last-ronin-delayed-release-date/?amp
Post 149 IP   flag post
The delay until October was mentioned in the same Facebook thread where they were discussing the other Aaron covers. That was about a week ago. It's gonna be a while. : (
Post 150 IP   flag post
At this rate, Facebook seems like a necessary evil to have. =(
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
At this rate, Facebook seems like a necessary evil to have. =(

Sadly, I literally just took the Facebook plunge. All these years never had an account. 2 weeks ago I did open one and feel dirty now.... lolol.
Post 152 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111

My condolences. I had an account that was deactivated. I had problems getting an Instagram account and reactivated the Facebook account to see if that would help. Turns out all this time folks were still posting about politics and such. I promptly deactivated the account again and hope to never see any of the vile stuff again associated with my name.
Post 153 IP   flag post
@Bronte

I actually opened my account for..... believe it or not.... to sell comics! LOL
Post 154 IP   flag post
So this news makes the ashcan quite interesting.
Post 155 IP   flag post
601454 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?