Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I read on Facebook it was nuts. The demand certainly exceeded the supply this time.

I just don't get the appeal of metal covers. Course, I really should buy one before passing judgment. I mean, I like other things made of metal ... cars, boats, shark cages ...
Post 101 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff it came up on the site but not on the homepage. I finally saw it too late under the exclusive pre-oder tab.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Release date has been pushed back to September 9th.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
"Those grapes were probably sour anyway" said the fox as he walked away with nothing.

100 books at $150 is only $15,000, and that's revenue before paying all related expenses, so maybe $5,000 in profit? That won't pay a whole lot of bills for a company. I really don't think that $15,000 in revenue is a cash-grab...I think it's probably more about keeping the buzz and energy around the project going. Maybe the Last Ronin story gets optioned for a movie? There's the real payoff.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Ok, Linebreakers is giving away 500 11x17 prints for free, you just pay shipping. I got one, it was $5.99 for shipping. Here are the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook post
Hello everyone we wanted to do something for everyone that missed out on Aaron Bartlings art and to show our heart felt thanks for your support. so we are giving away 500 free 11x17 art prints here and now. thank you all so much. follow the link below.

link
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Duuuuude, awesome!!! I missed out on both of the sales for this issue. Thanks for sharing this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, Linebreakers is giving away 500 11x17 prints for free, you just pay shipping. I got one, it was $5.99 for shipping. Here are the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook post
Hello everyone we wanted to do something for everyone that missed out on Aaron Bartlings art and to show our heart felt thanks for your support. so we are giving away 500 free 11x17 art prints here and now. thank you all so much. follow the link below.

link
Post 106 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

Thank you
Post 107 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Thank you for making us aware. Much appreciated!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
In the 90s ... predict book will be popular ? Print millions to meet supply and then some, over burdening shelves the world over

In the 2020s ... predict book will be popular ? Run an exclusive cover and sell only a few hundred ... then release another cover with even less to be sold and watch the FOMO and flipping crowd go nuts. On release day have 1st 2nd and 3rd prints ready to go , confusing all speculators on which is the more exclusive printing.

Which was / is better ?

"A" cover for me, and looking forward to reading .
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm way more excited that I have the B cover, which was drawn by Eastman, set up for an immediate signing by him when it's released.
Post 110 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 111 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I did a search of sold copies on ebay. Quite a few have sold in the 750-800 range. Even the free print fetched 100-150$

Crazy stuff
Post 112 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else pick up the Ashcan?

Post 113 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster After what I faced seeking out a NM+ copy of TMNT #105? Nope.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Over the weekend they auctioned off the #1 of the Linebreakers/Bartling variant limited metal covers.

Final price was $2,910!!!
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Ya it went for $2900. An eBay auction ended today too for a metal version, ended at $900 something.
Post 116 IP   flag post
I believe I saw someone with an asking price of $7500 for a raw original 300 copy issue.
I never have an issue with folks asking prices and I don't here either; but jeez... does he/she really expect it to sell? Or is it up for show?
I dont get the motive here
Post 117 IP   flag post
haha I saw that one too. I really don't understand why anyone would even go through the bother of posting it.
Post 118 IP   flag post
All it takes is one person to click in error and they made their quota for the decade.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
So, it it that the book has a limited number of copies or something else that is driving the price? This reminds me of the craze with a certain TMNT #95 variant.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Limited to 300. Collaboration of original artists. I'd like to think that the cool coin has some bearing too. But I know that would be silly...
Post 121 IP   flag post
Prices are as crazy as ever lately - particularly on Moderns. I don't get it, but I stopped trying to understand stuff a long long time ago.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Should the limited number make that big a difference? The B&W Montreal Comic Con variant of #95 had 250 copies. It never took off. The SDCC #95 used to command big bucks. 9.8 signed copies go for under $500.00 on eBay now.

The above is why moderns make no sense to me.
Post 123 IP   flag post
I have no idea how to legitimately answer your query. However, for myself, I thought it was the best art wise of all the variants I have seen.

Something about the cover grabbed my attention and didnt let go.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I have no idea how to legitimately answer your query. However, for myself, I thought it was the best art wise of all the variants I have seen.

Something about the cover grabbed my attention and didnt let go.

Ditto.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Has anyone noticed someone selling these copies of this Bartling variant out of China/Hong Kong for $15 apiece?
Obviously there is some type of shenanigans, but I wonder what's really going on.
6 of 8 have already sold.
One individual left negative feedback that you'll never get books from him (pertaining to this Bartling variant), but the comic isn't shipping for awhile still.
Further, the comic was bought yesterday and the negative feedback left on the same day?

I don't know wth is going on anymore. But if it smells smelly... it probably is smelly
Post 126 IP   flag post
I think they make up for the difference via the shipping cost.

But your right, chances are they are waiting for the ebay time to expire and hope the buyers will forget or deal with consequences later where it will be more difficult to dispute.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Maybe the buyers just really like filling out claim paperwork?
Post 128 IP   flag post
Ok, so Aaron Bartling (the artist of the Linebreakers variant) shared this on Facebook tonight.

I think it is GREAT that DC is recognizing young talent and giving them chances to get their name out there!!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Prices are as crazy as ever lately - particularly on Moderns. I don't get it, but I stopped trying to understand stuff a long long time ago.

It’s an elitist mentality. Pay what you are willing/can to get what others can’t. It’s just like clothing or shoes. Limited supply of the line for the demand then others profit On those who missed out.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601228 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?