Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just thought of something, I should send a message through Ebay to the seller. I'll do that now,
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'm not sure if he understood what I said. If he sends it to CGC himself, it would get a green label or a lower grade. If he thinks that the comic is not oversized and still sends it to CBCS, it won't get slabbed. Either way, his listing was wrong.

Well, I tried. That's about all I can do.

Post 77 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
These are the pitfalls of selling something that does not exist on the expectation this it will exist in the future. Hope he doesn't spend tht $1,900 before it has to be refunded.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller maybe he'll slip a $50 bill with a note to CGC just to be sure.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Seller sent me a second message saying that the media mail part was a cut and paste and he will ship it priority. Just passing the info along.
Post 80 IP   flag post

He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke With 48 listed so far, I see very little reason to care about who might have a RE variant worth hunting for. Especially when so many are doing limited runs of their stuff. Which makes me feel like this is a "buy a copy for a fun read" series at this point. (Hence why I am holding off until I can check out the TPB.)
Post 81 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

Very considerate of you to warn the guy. It's going to really suck for him if he doesn't figure out you were looking out for him.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Just fyi:

Personally, I feel like this is a really gimmicky cash grab and detracts from the original awesome cover.
Post 83 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88

Agreed

You figure if they increased the amount to 401, that's BS. There was supposed to be 300. That kind of BS would make me never buy from them again.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88, @Bronte, Definitely a blatant money-grab. But after what’s happened on eBay over the last week, I really can’t blame em. $800?! Who are these people that pay that? It’s pretty crazy
Post 85 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88 @Bronte And this technically ramps up the cover count to 53. But with what they are doing feels far worse than what the other 47 retailers are doing with their RE exclusives.
Post 86 IP   flag post
@RexMuff

In my opinion, if you are going to pull that crap, do it on the next run. If they lied and are printing on demand, I'd be severely tempted to ask for a refund.

Edit.

I just emailed them asking if it's the same 300 print run or did they print more.
Post 87 IP   flag post
It's a "metal" cover whatever that means, so I guess it's "different".

But pretty disappointing nonetheless.
Post 88 IP   flag post
The Comic Mint just did the same thing with Venom 26 Inhyuk Lee Virgin. They added a little color, and issued another 1000. In all fairness, like @Terry88 said, they’re actually different than the original runs, but it’s still disappointing
Post 89 IP   flag post
I got a response. See below...

"Did we print more copies? 

No. We are not the printer or the publisher, we do not have the option to print copies at all. 

The first pre-order was limited to 300.

This pre-order is limited to 101 numbered Metal Variants. With a sort of chase variant randomly inserted. 

We are providing what we think is fun and cool variations of an awesome book that we think people would like. We just want to sell a little piece of happiness, so if you are not happy with your purchase, please let us know and we will do our best to rectify that"
Post 90 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Canned response - but if enough complain maybe they'll get the hint
Post 91 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The unfortunate news for the pre-sellers is there's going to be a whoooooooooooole lot of buyer's remorse going on I suspect
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
Metal variants are traditionally considered different variants and more valuable than the regular books. Zenescope does a lot of them like this and they're fantastic.
Post 93 IP   flag post
If they offered it as part of the original listing I would have jumped on it. However, as a separate print run, I'll pass.

Although technically they are separate runs, it just feels wrong.

I'm probably not going to even bother responding to the email. Just leave it be.

I'm just not a fan of folks changing things around after the fact. As the other person put it, it just feels like a blatant money grab.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I love comic books because of the art and medium, not because of some gimmicky material they try and make a book out of.

This is an easy pass for me.
Post 95 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88 thanks for posting I'm going to give it a try but doubt I'll have any luck with the purchase. I wonder what'll happen to the price once they release the gold, venticular, 3d glasses, etc. variants.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
The original preorder was limited to 300 copies, that does not mean the print run stopped at 300.
Post 97 IP   flag post
How did it go?
Post 98 IP   flag post
Either not well or well depending on your perspective. I didn't end up getting one but they'll be another hot new variant coming out next week and the week after that and so on, so my opportunities are limitless. I have to do a better job of not being caught up in this nonsense.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Sold out, and never even saw it come up on the site. @flanders, agreed, absolute nonsense
Post 100 IP   flag post
I read on Facebook it was nuts. The demand certainly exceeded the supply this time.

I just don't get the appeal of metal covers. Course, I really should buy one before passing judgment. I mean, I like other things made of metal ... cars, boats, shark cages ...
Post 101 IP   flag post
@RexMuff it came up on the site but not on the homepage. I finally saw it too late under the exclusive pre-oder tab.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Release date has been pushed back to September 9th.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
"Those grapes were probably sour anyway" said the fox as he walked away with nothing.

100 books at $150 is only $15,000, and that's revenue before paying all related expenses, so maybe $5,000 in profit? That won't pay a whole lot of bills for a company. I really don't think that $15,000 in revenue is a cash-grab...I think it's probably more about keeping the buzz and energy around the project going. Maybe the Last Ronin story gets optioned for a movie? There's the real payoff.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Ok, Linebreakers is giving away 500 11x17 prints for free, you just pay shipping. I got one, it was $5.99 for shipping. Here are the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook post
Hello everyone we wanted to do something for everyone that missed out on Aaron Bartlings art and to show our heart felt thanks for your support. so we are giving away 500 free 11x17 art prints here and now. thank you all so much. follow the link below.

link
Post 105 IP   flag post
601264 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?