Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know what the countdown is for on the Linebreakers site?
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I asked the resident TMNT guru @kaptainmyke and he said he never heard of that story. Is it me or has anyone ever heard of this story before.

I also don't remember that either sorry. Kevin and Peter conceived of the ninja turtles and shredder while living in a tiny apartment together as room mates. Shredder was thought of while doing the dishes together while staring at one of those large cheese graters in the kitchen.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This story has my interest because it's the first time Kevin and Peter are writing together again. I will be fine with just the regular cover A to this series. All these store exclusive variants are worthless.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@Bronte

Origin I think is on netflix. One of the best toys shows or whatever it is called.

The Toys that Made Us.

Amazing show, and incredibly fascinating how much of many of those toy origins can be attributed to "dumb luck," or "right place, right time."
Post 54 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@monjoody for sure...I love how the He-Man guys b.s'd the Toys R Us guys to get them to carry the toys in their stores...awesome!!
Post 55 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Well. It's not the first time I've been delusional. Although usually meds makes the hallucinations go away.

=)

As for the writing team up, I look forward to it too. The premise seems interesting.

I hope your wrong on the variant. I really like this cover. Something about it makes it stand out. I think the coin is a very cool plus.
Post 56 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
I asked the resident TMNT guru @kaptainmyke and he said he never heard of that story. Is it me or has anyone ever heard of this story before.

I also don't remember that either sorry. Kevin and Peter conceived of the ninja turtles and shredder while living in a tiny apartment together as room mates. Shredder was thought of while doing the dishes together while staring at one of those large cheese graters in the kitchen.

Big Dardevil fans too.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@monjoody for sure...I love how the He-Man guys b.s'd the Toys R Us guys to get them to carry the toys in their stores...awesome!!

Haha right! I think my favorite is the G.I.Joe episode, and how they started making people in the office the characters, because they was such a huge demand for more characters.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Big Dardevil fans too.

Yes, there a striking amount of parallelisms to Daredevil and influences of Jack Kirby in their writings and character names.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll do another "ummmmm" as I originally did in this thread:

Ummmmm... I think that listing for $800 sold. Might have been a best offer and can't tell how much, but it's listed as sold.

Where's my hat to eat?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
haha there's one up now for $3000, remarked.

Who are these clowns...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this cover, but that's GSX money...
Post 61 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
A clown who never learned to spell or compose complete sentences apparently...
Post 62 IP   flag post
hahaha

Something just came to mind while looking at these, what's the difference going to be with people getting 9.8's vs 9.6's? Or 9.8+?

I don't usually deal with super rare variants like this so this is all new to me. I'm kinda curious what might happen. This is a book more like that Batman Damned title isn't it? Will that mean that 9.9 and 10's are gonna be likely?

Kinda interesting to follow all this.
Post 63 IP   flag post
What I dislike though is folks who sell stuff who dont have stuff in hand. I dont recall linebreakers promising a minimum grade on the cgc books.

I know a lotsa folks do this, but you never know what will happen in 2 months.
Post 64 IP   flag post
The sellers dont guarantee a 9.8 generally because they dont want to get stuck with lower grade copies. Same concept that buying raw books they never guarantee 9.8 only a 9.4 or above.

The seller I dont recall putting in any guarantees whatsoever. If they get a 9.4 I'd die laughing.
Post 65 IP   flag post
The minimum is supposed to be a 9.6, how that gets met is beyond me. Lots of extra books to the grader and the issues that don't meet the cut get shredded???? (lolz no pun intended...)
Post 66 IP   flag post
In theory, they print over the amount, count out 300 best copies and torch the rest.

However, you never know what people do. Lotsa recalled books never get sent back. You cant make assumptions on the honesty of others.

Granted the coins are probably made specifically to 300 with no extras.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I dont knock folks selling stuff for ridiculous amounts of money.
But I do and always have had an issue with selling something you don't have.
I have to believe this is been talked about 1 zillion times, but I'm personally on the side of it's not right for various reasons.

Further - isn't this book scheduled to ship late August? If so, isn't there a limit on selling on Ebay for presales of 1 month or less?
Post 68 IP   flag post
Edit.

I'm wrong. ETA is

August 19, 2020
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Sold today. A CBCS copy!!!! And no, I have no idea whose book this is.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Ok, I went and got the listing. If someone here sold this, do me a favor and mail the slab priority mail!!! For $1900 you can afford to spend $20 for shipping and insurance!!!

Post 71 IP   flag post
Post 72 IP   flag post
Stupid question.

Isnt the book too big for CBCS to grade?

Edit

Aside from that, did user check to see if the artist sig could be verified? Personally I've never heard of him, granted my knowledge is very limited.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Stupid question.

Isnt the book too big for CBCS to grade?

Edit

Aside from that, did user check to see if the artist sig could be verified? Personally I've never heard of him, granted my knowledge is very limited.

That's not a stupid question at all!!! The book is supposed to be 7.5" x 11". Definitely too big for a CBCS case!! Someone is going to be pissed!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
Post 74 IP   flag post
I left a message on the post in the Facebook group. Hopefully the seller will see it.
Post 75 IP   flag post
I just thought of something, I should send a message through Ebay to the seller. I'll do that now,
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'm not sure if he understood what I said. If he sends it to CGC himself, it would get a green label or a lower grade. If he thinks that the comic is not oversized and still sends it to CBCS, it won't get slabbed. Either way, his listing was wrong.

Well, I tried. That's about all I can do.

Post 77 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
These are the pitfalls of selling something that does not exist on the expectation this it will exist in the future. Hope he doesn't spend tht $1,900 before it has to be refunded.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller maybe he'll slip a $50 bill with a note to CGC just to be sure.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Seller sent me a second message saying that the media mail part was a cut and paste and he will ship it priority. Just passing the info along.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600771 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?