Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

At the risk of brown nosing. Actually I dont care. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you for watching out for us.

Edit

I really wish they would mirror these comments on their site or email us. Unfortunately I dont do social media and without your heads up, I would miss these types of announcements.

=(
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sent email. Within 10 minutes the gentleman said sure and sent me email updates for payment and proof done.

Very simple very easy.

The only thing bad is there will be 300 identical graded remarked books vs the limited amount originally released.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
LOL!!! I'm sure some of the 300 will remain raw. There HAD to be some flippers who got in on this!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Agreed. There cant be that many turtle fans.... lol

J/k

I hope they vary the remarks. I'd hate to get two identical ones.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, what an absolute class act. I sincerely hope he keeps banging out this quality work.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a one shot?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Is this a one shot?

5 issues planned.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Edge328

Cover price of issue 1 has me hesitant in snatching it up.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Edge328

Cover price of issue 1 has me hesitant in snatching it up.

I think that has a lot to do with it being not only a 48 page issue, but also a 7.5" X 11" size.
Post 34 IP   flag post
What really sux is, unless there is a digital copy, I gotta buy a 3rd copy just to read the story.

Might be better off waiting for it to become trade paperback. But from the clips I've seen, this will be the first tmnt book I want to read.
Post 35 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
The best part of this is that it's an Eastman and Laird story, which is a bonus. Especially since I really liked their version of 'City at War'.

But between the general size and price, I will have to hold off on collecting the series if there are to be later prints in standard comic book size (like they did with TMNT #1). And even if that does not happen, I'll definitely try to get the collected edition. Which will make it my first complete TMNT in more than 20 years.

The first was the TMNT Adventures limited series. And looking up the regular series, I might need to add a few more of those key issues to my checklist.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
"I will personally say I'm happy to see none have made it to Ebay"
Ummmm.... in the words of Peter Sellers after he smashed a piano:
Not anymore
Post 37 IP   flag post

Edit

The guy / gal didn't even upgrade to CGC remarked for that price.....
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Bronte for a second, I thought I was in the eBay Goofiness thread!!! That is insane!!! I just don't understand some people.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

How about the lack of a best offer?

But seriously, some folks are purely motivated by primal instincts such as greed.

In a way, it's better that you dont understand these folks... shows you still have tour humanity intact....
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm so excited for this story I can't even put it into words. What a great premise.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Off topic.

But back in the day, when the turtles were still new, I heard a story about how Eastman and laird found a crumpled up paper on a bus and it was a drawing of a ninja turtle. They developed it into what we know now. I stopped collecting comics and wasnt until the past few years I thought about that story.

I asked the resident TMNT guru @kaptainmyke and he said he never heard of that story. Is it me or has anyone ever heard of this story before.
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Bronte

Origin I think is on netflix. One of the best toys shows or whatever it is called.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@moodswing

I dont have Netflix. Does it tell the origin story about the bus, or how they developed it from scratch?

Reason I ask is I always wondered about the guy who originally drew the characters and if he ever tried to sue Eastman and Laird.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Bronte

Honestly, I don't remember. If I watch it again, I will let you know.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Thank you
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Off topic.

But back in the day, when the turtles were still new, I heard a story about how Eastman and laird found a crumpled up paper on a bus and it was a drawing of a ninja turtle. They developed it into what we know now. I stopped collecting comics and wasnt until the past few years I thought about that story.

I asked the resident TMNT guru @kaptainmyke and he said he never heard of that story. Is it me or has anyone ever heard of this story before.

That's not quite the origin story I found here.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

I saw that article too. I could swear that they found the pix, but I cant find any references to that story. I would say I imagined it, but I dont have that good an imagination.

If I am the only one that recalls that story, I guess its gotta be my imagination.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O

I saw that article too. I could swear that they found the pix, but I cant find any references to that story. I would say I imagined it, but I dont have that good an imagination.

If I am the only one that recalls that story, I guess its gotta be my imagination.

I get that. There is a movie scene that I remember quite clearly from my childhood in my head. I have asked guys whose knowledge of obscure, and odd horror movies is encyclopedic. I have asked on Facebook groups, in forums and on movie sites. I have read the descriptions of every Hammer horror movie that comes close to my memory. All to no avail. At this point, I'm thinking that my mind might have combined elements of two movies into one scene.
Post 49 IP   flag post
A tad more reasonable. At least he / she has best offer enabled. Still raw book though....

Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know what the countdown is for on the Linebreakers site?
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I also don't remember that either sorry. Kevin and Peter conceived of the ninja turtles and shredder while living in a tiny apartment together as room mates. Shredder was thought of while doing the dishes together while staring at one of those large cheese graters in the kitchen.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This story has my interest because it's the first time Kevin and Peter are writing together again. I will be fine with just the regular cover A to this series. All these store exclusive variants are worthless.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Bronte

Origin I think is on netflix. One of the best toys shows or whatever it is called.

The Toys that Made Us.

Amazing show, and incredibly fascinating how much of many of those toy origins can be attributed to "dumb luck," or "right place, right time."
Post 54 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@monjoody for sure...I love how the He-Man guys b.s'd the Toys R Us guys to get them to carry the toys in their stores...awesome!!
Post 55 IP   flag post
600893 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?