Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. I had no idea 4 months have passed. I wonder what folks that sold their books months ago, are going to do. Thats a crazy long time to be out 1k bux or more with nothing to show for it.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Hope everyone enjoyed issue 1 and is pumped for issue 2, I have extra copies of the Eastman 1:10 and the santuoloco 1:25 as well as my variant. Let me know if anyone is interested
Post 327 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
Hope everyone enjoyed issue 1 and is pumped for issue 2, I have extra copies of the Eastman 1:10 and the santuoloco 1:25 as well as my variant. Let me know if anyone is interested

I would be interested. I missed the Santuoloco variant when it came out. I'll pm you.

What is your variant? Are you a comic store? An artist?
Post 328 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't mind the eastman variant...
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
For those wondering, I’m an artist. You can check my variant out here.
https://noahsult.bigcartel.com/
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone's book arrive yet??? Apparently they are drop'n!
Post 331 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I got other variants but not the one that started this thread. I upgraded to remarked and graded on both copies so I won't be expecting them for this year.....
Post 332 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Got my 3 copies of Cover A

Waiting on the ashcan any day now
Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
I got some of mine. I ordered a couple of them from multiple comic stores.

Post 334 IP   flag post
I love it. Only my Shah's have showed up so far. Really looking forward to more of these posts!
Post 335 IP   flag post

Post 336 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm experiencing turtlemania and I bought 2 of these today.

Post 337 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I'm experiencing turtlemania and I bought 2 of these today.

I don't have any, but if I came across that cover with those great colors I would probably experience Turtlemania and buy one as well.
Post 338 IP   flag post
I'm waiting on my Big Country order to arrive. It's taking fooooooorevvvvvvvver.

EDIT: Received an email literally an hour after posting that, it's on the way!
Post 339 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders what cover is that?
Post 341 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Firehawk2069 Trinity comics Creees variant.
Post 342 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Fun! I just got these today that I ordered months ago

Post 343 IP   flag post

Post 344 IP   flag post
Ugh another limited print run... I'm get'n pretty tired of these.
Post 345 IP   flag post

Post 346 IP   flag post
I didnt get this one! Ugggggh!
Post 347 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Managed to get these at Gotham Central Comics

Post 348 IP   flag post
Ooo I really like that green one
Post 349 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any explanation how the hype managed to get so big for this series? It's blowing prices through the roof on all things TMNT.
There's been multiple TMNT movies and non of them have had an effect like this. Was it just really well managed social media PR, or is there something deeper going on?
Post 350 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller I skimmed an article that said The Last Ronin story was developed 30 years ago by Eastman & Laird but it was never published. Who knows if it's true or not, but if so, that could explain it, as well as the fact it was supposed to be released in April, so 6 months of waiting has increased it's desirability and the ability to publish an ungodly amount of variants. I wouldn't have thought of it until you posed a question about PR, but now the delay and the refusal to print as many first runs as pre-ordered seems intentional. I know I still spent my refund from my 4 copies pre-ordered that were cancelled and then some, on more Last Ronin.

Like facsimiles, I think this release has drawn collector's attention to TMNT and people realize that the Mirage runs are low print and were probably a bit undervalued. Plus all those new Michael Bay movies are crap and I think only children watched those. I know I could barely make it through ten minutes.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Yes it's true. Eastman and Laird wrote the story in 1986 and was to be canon to the Volume 1 Series ending after issue 100. However, the original series ended at issue 62. Now, here we are 30 years later in full circle so the story has been released after 4 volumes of TMNT comics.
Post 352 IP   flag post
Less than 2 minutes sold out.

Ronin number 2 that is

Didn't get in.....

=(
Post 353 IP   flag post
I'm surprised it was just as fast. I really didn't think it was going to be.

They need to up the copies in some way. Maybe a trade dress version with more copies?

I was lucky and picked up two raw. I don't like that the graded versions aren't specified. I believe they were specified for the #1.
Post 354 IP   flag post
Gratz.

I logged into PayPal in the app, when I shoulda logged in in browser first. Dumb mistake
Post 355 IP   flag post
601362 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?