Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
I think yesterday I ended buying like 6 variants! The FOMO is real! Oh and a second printing. What’s wrong with me?
Post 251 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's a limited series. It's not going to take off like the regular series from IDW has/will.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders why do you feel it won't ship to you?
Post 253 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Holy crap there are a lot of variants....

ComicBook.com: Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin Variant Covers Revealed.
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/eastman-laird-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-last-ronin-covers/
Post 254 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Holy crap there are a lot of variants....

Now now... it's only 327 different variants. It could be worse... it could be 328 y'know
Post 255 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it's one of the most overprinted comics in modern history. too many variants. limited series. 3 strikes if you ask me, and I'm a shell head.
Post 256 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
#110 Covers A & B.

Post 257 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
@flanders why do you feel it won't ship to you?

no rational reason, I'm sure it'll arrive just fine.
Post 258 IP   flag post
Mind blowing amount of covers! I think I over ordered, and I’m not a big variant person! I’ve also never even read a TMNT comic.
Post 259 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Last TMNT I read was by mirage studios. I watched a few of the silly 90s cartoons, but preferred the more gritty mirage versions of turtles.
Post 260 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069
I’ve also never even read a TMNT comic.

Post 261 IP   flag post
Quote:
silly 90s cartoons

... and how dare you.
Post 262 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069
I’ve also never even read a TMNT comic.

Sacrilege I say! Blasphemy!
Post 263 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
silly 90s cartoons

... and how dare you.

Ok. I admit it wasn't horrible, and I did buy a Raphael action toy that came with a VCR tape. Now that I outed myself, do you feel better?
Post 264 IP   flag post
Never. Existence is pain!
Post 265 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Never. Existence is pain!

Truer words have never been spoken....
Post 266 IP   flag post
R rated?

GamesRadar+: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Last Ronin #1 brandishes 71 covers (and counting) for R-rated mega debut.
https://www.gamesradar.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-last-ronin-1-variant-covers-adult-tmnt/
Post 267 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte it's always been billed as a "mature readers" comic. That was one of the things that initially intrigued me.
Post 268 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

I always thought after they stopped production from Mirage Studios they got geared more towards children.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte that was my impression also. That's why this one jumped out at me.
Post 270 IP   flag post
Dang. Im going to need to get a reader copy now.....
Post 271 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email from Linebreakers about an auction for a 9.8 copy ending in about 3 hours. The current bid is $600:

https://www.comicbooksurplus.com/products/tmnt-the-last-ronin-1-of-5-linebreakers-bartling-exclusive-cgc-9-8
Post 272 IP   flag post
Hmmmm.... looks like $900 now with 1 hour? Sheesh.
Post 273 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
The IDW series as been pretty good story wise, better than most. However there has been some atrocious interior art peppered here and there.

I wasn't going to get the Last Ronin until I saw this cover:

*edited. Uploaded a better picture
Post 274 IP   flag post
That's drawn by Rick and Morty creator Justin Roiland and inked/colored by Kevin Eastman
Post 275 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I hummed and hawed over this combo set and didn't pull the trigger.

/regrets
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Three more sleeps!!!
Post 277 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Three more sleeps!!!

Apparently I need more sleep. I cant decipher the hidden message....
Post 278 IP   flag post
@Terry88 @Bronte 2 more sleeps now!
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Not getting Last Ronin but did pick up #110 Cover A and TMNT #3 2nd Print as part of my weekend haul.
Post 280 IP   flag post
601426 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?