Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

TMNT the Last Ronin12324

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Artist Aaron Bartling posted a picture of the cover he did for The Last Ronin in a Facebook group. It looks VERY cool imo!!! He will be posting where it will be for sale later.

Personally, I think this will be a very interesting storyline. I can't help but wonder which turtle survives, and is Splinter still around. How did the other brothers die? So many questions!!!

Anyone else looking forward to this series?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
When does this come out? I might actually read the story
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m so excited for this one. I already have the Mike Rooth full wrap cover on order, and Eastman’s cover B lined up for an Eastman signature and grading.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
I told myself I was done with the variant cover craze after TMNT 100, but damned if this book hasn’t changed my mind over the last couple months. 🙄
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
One thing to note with this book, it's an oversized (physically) issue and won't fit in current size CBCS cases...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
When does this come out? I might actually read the story

August 19th

Here is a great write up from PreviewsWorld. It even includes a few pages from the comic. This is going to be a 48 page comic.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
One thing to note with this book, it's an oversized (physically) issue and won't fit in current size CBCS cases...

Good point.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The variant that I posted at the beginning is going to be $24.99. It will come with the coin below. The website to go to is on the coin. I have no affiliation with them. I joined the Facebook group, also printed on the coin, because I wanted to follow this book. I believe it was limited to 300 copies. I'll check and if I am wrong, I will add an edit on this post.

Edit - 300 limited run. Coin is 40 mm zinc alloy. Remarks will be available.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Thing that sucks is I dont do Facebook.
=(

Edit.

Nm they will email link too.
=)
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Umm..... I could be wrong, but I think this sold out in like no time at all.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yes it did. What pissed me off is I selected cgc remarked and checked out. It checked out a regular copy. I went back and there was no options for remarked. They all led to regular copies.

I did buy 1 regular raw book too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Did you manage to get one?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
All sold out in less then 3 minutes. Feels bad.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Bronte nope. I knew it would sell out fast, but I think all of them were gone in about 3 to 5 minutes from what I read in Facebook. That's ultra fast!!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes... i purchased 1
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ok, the artist says they sold out in 2 minutes!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, the artist says they sold out in 2 minutes!!!

The artist did a really cool job on that cover. I can definitely understand it getting sold out fast.

As stupid as it sounds, I'm anxious to see the coin. (Yes the book looks awesome too)
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I managed to get a raw and graded.

Didn't realize they had added an option for the 1:10 and the 1:25 as well to the raw selection, so missed out on those... I'm kinda pissed about it.

$45 shipping to Vancouver... Not too happy about that either. This frig'n border needs to open again omg. The shipping charges are killing me.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Terry88

The time you would have used to add the ratio books might have cost you the main book.

I wouldn't be too upset.
Post 19 IP   flag post
True story.

There really wasn't time to look around. They had the other ratio books listed last night separately then took them down sometime today so I figured they had all sold out. I was hoping I could just add'em all to one order today so didn't get them last night.

But you're 100% right, I'm fortunate. I don't take it for granted! Such a great cover.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Terry88

Agreed. Big thanks to @Jesse_O for giving us the heads up. I'm just sad he didnt get a copy.

=(
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Bronte no worries!!! I preordered the regular cover already. Quite honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this comic blew up in a big way!!!

I'm just glad some members here were able to grab some copies of this variant. That cover is awesome!! It was kind of the perfect storm. We have a newer (or maybe lesser known) artist, the first variant cover for this store (I believe) and an established indie franchise (TMNT) launching a new series.

BTW, if the coin is cool, you might want to keep an eye on this store. They said that everytime they do a store variant they will have a different coin just for that issue. That actually sounds kinda cool.
Post 22 IP   flag post
That does sound cool. I signed up for their email list, I'll stick to it to see what happens in the future.

Thanks for letting us know. The coin to me, although kinda gimmicky, is just as important as the book.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Bronte @Nuffsaid111 @Terry88 saw this on Facebook and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure the appropriate charges will apply.

Post 24 IP   flag post
And this right here is what I LOVE to see!!! I enjoy seeing artists make it!!

Post 25 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

At the risk of brown nosing. Actually I dont care. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you for watching out for us.

Edit

I really wish they would mirror these comments on their site or email us. Unfortunately I dont do social media and without your heads up, I would miss these types of announcements.

=(
Post 26 IP   flag post
Sent email. Within 10 minutes the gentleman said sure and sent me email updates for payment and proof done.

Very simple very easy.

The only thing bad is there will be 300 identical graded remarked books vs the limited amount originally released.
Post 27 IP   flag post
LOL!!! I'm sure some of the 300 will remain raw. There HAD to be some flippers who got in on this!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Agreed. There cant be that many turtle fans.... lol

J/k

I hope they vary the remarks. I'd hate to get two identical ones.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Wow, what an absolute class act. I sincerely hope he keeps banging out this quality work.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601316 449 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?