Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

Beckett is Getting Some More Competition12307

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is now grading trading cards.

link here
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Easy pass already send cards to Beckett + own a PSA membership to send cards to them no way i'd buy a new membership when they are not even upfront about fee's or turn around times out the gate not to mention those cases will not be appealing to sports card collectors
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy swears up and down that PSA is the superior card grading business. Something about Beckett magazine being akin to Wizard in terms of reputation.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
What is that 5 companies now? If you want to talk about long wait times. I know a guy that it took 13 months to get his cards back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if they will come with free newton rings?

But seriously, I hate the idea that they would develop this and not solve the newton ring problem first. Newton rings are one of the main reasons that I had never submitted anything to them. I hate newton rings and I think this is a big middle finger to their supporters who have been asking them to fix them for years. That's my thoughts on this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Those are some hideously ugly cases. Those labels don't look right.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent some comic cards into beckett recently ill post em when I get em back but yea that gastly looks rediculus! here's a beckett graded card and what it looks like 👍
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Beckett understands it isn't about the label.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Looks like CGC will only be grading and encapsulating Pokémon TCG and Magic: The Gathering cards (for now).
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It'll be interesting to see the response they get.
Post 10 IP   flag post
wrong info
Post 11 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Wouldn't sports cards fall under their CSG brand?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

I take that back. I got an email from CCG lol. I am a dumbass ha.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

You beat me to it.

I don't collect cards (one expensive hobby is enough, thank you) But those just don't look right. Hideous sums it up.
Post 14 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan may I suggest automotive performance, photography, custom computers, toys from 2nd Amendment,
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:

You beat me to it.

I don't collect cards (one expensive hobby is enough, thank you) But those just don't look right. Hideous sums it up.

That’s a “gastly” label
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Looks like the designer was told to make everything match the comic labels, period, without taking into consideration the form/needs of the smaller case.

(and hi, I'm new)
Post 17 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@monjoody - Welcome to the CBCS boards, Jonathan! I think you will like it here.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@monjoody
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
Looks like the designer was told to make everything match the comic labels, period, without taking into consideration the form/needs of the smaller case.

(and hi, I'm new)

Subtle introduction 😂

Welcome to the forum!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@monjoody - Welcome to the CBCS boards, Jonathan! I think you will like it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Subtle introduction 😂

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, folks!

And yeah, old habits. My original career was in design, specifically layout and prepress operations for high end clients (Kellogg, Whirlpool, etc..), so attention to detail was, to be kind, critically important.

Now at the current job, I'm the client, so the ad agencies that we work with get that same attention to detail, whether they wanted it or not...!
Post 20 IP   flag post
600858 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?