Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Newbie Question on Grade Evil Ernie Eternity 112295

Collector hotrod1376 private msg quote post Address this user
I have never submitted any of my comics and have been collecting since 91. I picked up this copy insanely cheap and am considering submitted it along with some of my other books. I have three questions 1)what grade do you think this is 2)is it worth submitting 3)what is the turn around time right now?
I have seen the issues with pressing delays and if this needs to be pressed I will probably leave it in the top holder until it gets better.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome,

Many of the defects can't be pressed out due to color breaks and missing colors especially the top right corner and what looks to be a pinhole on the top left corner. I'd say the book grades in FN- (5.5) due to the defects.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My guess on grade, as is, would be maybe 6, which would put the value at around $80

turnaround time for grading is about 5 weeks at the moment and pressing is currently something like 9 months. I would recommend finding another person to press your books who can then send the books in to CBCS for you. The presser I normally use, CFP, currently has about a 1 month turnaround time
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say a 6.0, probably not worth it to grade. If your intention is to sell that comic sells as well raw as it does graded in that condition. Pressing won't help the grade based on all the color breaking defects. Show us some more photos of the other books you might submit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to sell it let me know
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing will help a lot on that book I have one that is double signed by Brian and Steven in much worse condition with more color breaks and it got a 6 so I would guess with a press you would be at around 6.5/7
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector hotrod1376 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all. I will eventually get it pressed. I picked it up with the others in the pic with it for 125. Not having a copy of it I am happy until I get a better one sometime. No plans to sell. I have a few other Lady Death ones to send in but this is one will go with the EE1.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector naftixe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcitycomics
Pressing will help a lot on that book I have one that is double signed by Brian and Steven in much worse condition with more color breaks and it got a 6 so I would guess with a press you would be at around 6.5/7
I have a Special Limited 1 that is signed by both. It is being CBCS verified and graded right now. I should have it back in a few weeks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
#3 cover is insane! Probably my favorite EE cover.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
#3 cover is insane! Probably my favorite EE cover.

It's a great one! Too bad I'm an idiot and sold a 9.4 copy about a year ago.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600882 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?