Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Live Action Zatanna Movie In The Works12289

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Liza Minnelli ruined fishnets for me, forever.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
tons depends on who they choose for the role....but definitely exciting. I hope they stick to classic zatanna as we know her rather than reinventing her costume and story
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Liza Minnelli ruined fishnets for me, forever.

Sorry to hear you’re traumatized. But the cure for a bad experience is a good experience.

There are plenty of lovely examples of fishnets done right.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Who should be awarded the roll? Let’s hear em...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

Yes, please. This should be fun. Perhaps we can help @doog overcome his trauma? Think of it as a humanitarian effort.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Alexandra Daddario ….
Serinda Swan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Just saw a pic of Serinda Swan as Zatanna. Good call.

Post 8 IP   flag post
She did a fine job during smallville, why not?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
tons depends on who they choose for the role....but definitely exciting. I hope they stick to classic zatanna as we know her rather than reinventing her costume and story

Jennifer Connelly, back in the day. I'm not very familiar with today's youngsters.

Post 10 IP   flag post
@Siggy Good call. Around the time of ‘Dark City’, she would have been ideal.

Liv Tyler in the mid-90’s would have been great.

Post 11 IP   flag post
My other choice is Charlotte Best..catch her in Tidelands and you wont ever forget her....

Post 12 IP   flag post
Rosario Dawson would be a less conventional choice, but I think she would be awesome.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
My other choice is Charlotte Best..catch her in Tidelands and you wont ever forget her....

Definitely an "after a few years in Hollywood" feel to the 2nd pic, but I >schwing< the 1st.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man, @Darkseid_of_town won't be able to sleep for a week after this news.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Well essentially my two favorite charactrrs/storylines/avenues of investment in my collection are producing movies and or series. New gods movie is out there happening along with a Zatanna movie and a Dark Justice streaming series. Life is good
Post 16 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
It's gonna be tricky, doing that backwards talk through the whole movie. Especially since, in comic books you can always figure out what she said. We won't have that luxury during a movie.

Maybe they can do it a little more urban, or whatever, like Zatanna in Batman Damned? Where she does magic, but doesn't speak the spells very often, maybe only for the big ones? And she does a lot of slight-of-hand type stuff, too, as part of her whole persona? That might be cool. I like the idea of a more street-wise Zatanna than how she is usually depicted.
Post 17 IP   flag post
That's actually just a simple plot device....she has to find the lost chest of Ungur, which contains a secret chant that will return her ability to speak backwards and cast spells doing so...
I did like the Batman Damned take on her, it seemed to work well too.
I was thinking what story or plot you might use for a full length Zatanna feature and I think the best story she has is her original odyssey to find her father Zatarra .
if that does become a reality watch out for those various books to become sought after....
Had DC thought of it years ago, it would have made a great way to introduce multiple characters like the members of the Justice league....
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

Comingsoon.net has a poll of some potential actresses. clickable text
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user

Constance Nunes!
Post 20 IP   flag post
so besides the obvious hawkman 4 what books do you guys see taking the biggest piece of the action here?
Post 21 IP   flag post
I went shopping online looking around for the books I would think will grow from this news....I shopped for these comics

Supergirl 7 Zatanna cover with supergirl
Justice league of America 51 She tells her story of her search for her father
Green Lantern 42 -she searches for her father
Atom 19 -first cover appearance and supposedly 2nd appearance although its not
Flash 198 Early story starring Zatanna

For all of these books I found nothing above VG grade for sale except on ebay
For MCS, Supergirl 7 was only vg and below as was green lantern 42 and flash 198

JLA 51, and atom 19 are non-existent there.

visit MCS and do a search on the word Zatanna, then check how much of it shows...out. People are already all over this
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that JLA 51 is also the first SA appearance of Zatara, making my personal second choice for growth.
Post 23 IP   flag post
He appears in Hawkman 4 albeit a flashback as a cameo and not what I would consider an appearance

Also appears in Green Lantern 42, also as a flashback
Post 24 IP   flag post
Did some fast legwork here in my Zatanna corner and it looks like this to me

Detective 379 Zatara appears in the backup Elongated man story
September 1968

Justice league of America 51 Appears as central character in Zatannas search story.....
December 13, 1966

Definitely supports the idea Zatara's first silver age appearance is Justice League of America 51
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Interesting and good to know! I think it also helps that it is the first real Zatanna cover and a good one at that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
eh well Atom 19 from July 65 she is only a floating head on the cover....

justice League of America 51 December 13, 1966 is her first full, true cover and perhaps one of her best ever...I hoard copies of the book myself

Post 27 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Yeah, I knew of Atom 19, but never really cared for the cover. Completely agree with respect to JLA 51 though.
Post 28 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Consider getting Justice League Dark (volume 1) #29.

It's the issue where Zatanna becomes the owner of the House of Mystery (which is why John Constantine had quit the team). Between it being a modern key, and a low profile one, her becoming owner might be something they will use in the film. Which makes it a low-risk investment at this time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
@Darkseid_of_town Consider getting Justice League Dark (volume 1) #29.

It's the issue where Zatanna becomes the owner of the House of Mystery (which is why John Constantine had quit the team). Between it being a modern key, and a low profile one, her becoming owner might be something they will use in the film. Which makes it a low-risk investment at this time.
and people also forget not only is Zatanna getting a film, but Dark justice is also getting a series done by Bad robot for HBO streaming ..which is another place that book might become key in the plot
Post 30 IP   flag post
600813 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?