Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Live Action Zatanna Movie In The Works12289

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Interesting and good to know! I think it also helps that it is the first real Zatanna cover and a good one at that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
eh well Atom 19 from July 65 she is only a floating head on the cover....

justice League of America 51 December 13, 1966 is her first full, true cover and perhaps one of her best ever...I hoard copies of the book myself

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Yeah, I knew of Atom 19, but never really cared for the cover. Completely agree with respect to JLA 51 though.
Post 28 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Consider getting Justice League Dark (volume 1) #29.

It's the issue where Zatanna becomes the owner of the House of Mystery (which is why John Constantine had quit the team). Between it being a modern key, and a low profile one, her becoming owner might be something they will use in the film. Which makes it a low-risk investment at this time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
@Darkseid_of_town Consider getting Justice League Dark (volume 1) #29.

It's the issue where Zatanna becomes the owner of the House of Mystery (which is why John Constantine had quit the team). Between it being a modern key, and a low profile one, her becoming owner might be something they will use in the film. Which makes it a low-risk investment at this time.
and people also forget not only is Zatanna getting a film, but Dark justice is also getting a series done by Bad robot for HBO streaming ..which is another place that book might become key in the plot
Post 30 IP   flag post

am actively searching for some copies of Green lantern eighty page giant 2...appears to have a nice zatanna app
Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
am actively searching for some copies of Green lantern eighty page giant 2...appears to have a nice zatanna app

That one is only 21-years ago, too new for me!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Damn book has both zatanna and big Barda. I need four !
Post 33 IP   flag post
found three at least....hard book to locate in decent shape I guess
Post 34 IP   flag post
has anyone been watching prices on Dark justice #1 , from 2011? Book has found some walking room....another set of two to watch are Swamp thing 49, and 50 arguably the first appearances of Dark Justice.
We know Zatanna is getting her own picture, but Ryan Abrams from Bad Robot was also hired to do a Dark justice series for the HBO streaming platform so, plenty to watch there
Post 35 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Been thinking about it and I'll be shocked if we see a Zatanna headlined movie in the next several years. I was reading the articles and this looks like standard rumor-starting that companies do to show social media that they are thinking about the ladies. Maybe they also spark some interest in the character and get response. It's kind of absurd on the face of it, the character doesn't have nearly the mainstream recognition for a solo movie. Hasn't even been developed yet through supporting roles in other movies and barely through TV. I don't see much fan commitment at the comic-cons I've gone to either. I see a lot of Harely Quinn costumes and Wonder Woman, but not Zatanna. There's a lot of awareness groundwork that would need to be laid for the character before she would truly be considered for headlining a theatrical release.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I actually couldnt disagree more....remember before there was a suicide squad, how often you saw Harley cosplays? never...same...wonder woman, she was more popular but seldom got cosplayers attention over the other marvel characters.
I am amused at the idea Zatanna doesnt have the mainstream recognition for a solo movie....she was created in 1964, been around for more than fifty years, has appeared in multiple DC animated movies, including the most recent, Dark Justice Apokolips war. Zatanna also gets alot of her recognition from gaming fans in a few of the games that are more popular..

"Video games
Zatanna is a playable character in the console videogame Justice League Heroes, voiced by Kari Wahlgren.
Zatanna appears as a non-playable character in DC Universe Online, voiced by Claire Hamilton.
Zatanna is a DLC playable character in Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, voiced again by Kari Wahlgren. She also appears as a portrait in a segment of the first level.[79]
Zatanna appears as a playable character in the video game Young Justice: Legacy, with Lacey Chabert reprising the role. She plays an important part near the end of the game, where she uses a locator spell to track down Klarion and the piece of the Tiamat statue in Bialya.
Zatanna is a playable character via downloadable content in Injustice: Gods Among Us, voiced again by Lacey Chabert.[80] In Zatanna's ending, she and the One-Earth reality's version of Doctor Fate combine their powers to create the Tower of Fate. It was used as a stronghold for Regime-leader Superman's enemies since Superman is vulnerable to magic and it had saved many lives. Following the defeat of the Regime, it was used as a prison for the remaining Regime forces despite the jury at their trial demanding the immutable defendants to have a death penalty.
Zatanna is referenced in Batman: Arkham Origins. A poster for her show is visible on Jezebel Center and outside of the Monarch Theatre.
Zatanna appears as a playable character in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, voiced once more by Kari Wahlgren.
Zatanna is a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
Zatanna is referenced in Batman: Arkham Knight. Her shop can be found in Gotham City's Chinatown.
Zatanna appears as a playable character in DC Unchained.
Zatanna appears as a playable character in the Justice League Dark DLC pack in Lego DC Super-Villains."

From my perspective she is a go to character for many cosplayers, who are bored with the marvel mainstream characters. She is also much easier to cosplay than some characters that require weaponry, armor or physical size or being a different color like green.

Myself I think the groundwork has been laid for years, in Movies like Dark justice, Young Justice, and dozens of other animated series as well.

I read into it that the Dark Justice series would work to somewhat lay that foundation followed by a stand alone movie.
When DC warner brothers were choosing, they had before them the options for a supergirl or Zatanna movie, and chose Zatanna, as perhaps a fresher, more unique idea for the new wave of movies coming.
I remember before suicide squad, how many were familiar with that take of enchantress, or Harley, or Katanna....
Before the Electra movie, how many people outside comic fandom knew of that character?
I do think its a few years out and will require some groundwork, but I see the time as ripe for just such a move....especially if the new wonder woman movie bombs at the box office.
Recognition isnt everything....how many ever heard of Stargirl before the series hit DC?

I at least hope you are wrong, but time will tell. I do see your point in requiring exposure, but I am guessing you arent familiar with just how much they have been putting the Mistress of Magic out there the last few years
Post 37 IP   flag post
600778 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?