Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Did I do ok today at my LCS???12275

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

All cover price.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't the gold a 1 per shop?
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The question is are you happy with it? That's all that really matters....
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I got three silvers at an average just over $50 each and no gold yet.

Getting all of the different covers at cover price is better than most people did.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, I would say you did OK...
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A raw copy of UF4 appeared at mine today..... 500, bwahahahahaha, YEAH, you did ok.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Isn't the gold a 1 per shop?

Yes it is.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
The question is are you happy with it? That's all that really matters....

Very!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head
Then you did great!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
I’d say so. I am one of the few in here that read TWD series and I never saw those before. I’m aware of the one shot but I have only seen it in the hardback. Are those rereleases? None the less you got 3 different covers of cool book at cover price. They look like clean copies to me, so if you did the books I would say Heck yeah!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
I’d say so. I am one of the few in here that read TWD series and I never saw those before. I’m aware of the one shot but I have only seen it in the hardback. Are those rereleases? None the less you got 3 different covers of cool book at cover price. They look like clean copies to me, so if you did the books I would say Heck yeah!

Oh I just realized I’m thinking of “Here’s Negan”. Yeah I didn’t know about that. Looks awesome. I suck for not knowing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
ok? you did very well! How were you able to get them to sell them for cover price?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

..they all sold for cover price...just fifty years ago!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
ok? you did very well! How were you able to get them to sell them for cover price?

My comic shop is more of a gaming shop and the owner isn’t really into comics. I always get his one per stores if I ask for them. He doesn’t stay up on prices of new books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up for a silver at $100 CAD, passed on the gold for $300.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Oh I just realized I’m thinking of “Here’s Negan”. Yeah I didn’t know about that. Looks awesome. I suck for not knowing.

The story behind this is really cool. Robert Kirkman, et al., decided to do something to help out comic book stores, due to the pandemic. So they made this one-shot and published it, and sent it to comics shops across the country to sell. The kicker is: they sent them all at no charge.

Every store got an allocation based on past orders of TWD, plus they got two "silver" covers and one "gold" cover per store.

Isn't that cool?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Quote:

The story behind this is really cool. Robert Kirkman, et al., decided to do something to help out comic book stores, due to the pandemic. So they made this one-shot and published it, and sent it to comics shops across the country to sell. The kicker is: they sent them all at no charge.

Every store got an allocation based on past orders of TWD, plus they got two "silver" covers and one "gold" cover per store.

Isn't that cool?

Aftershock also has a benefit book out. It is 48 pages long. It seems to be selling for about $10 online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS description
Includes exclusive stories from Cullen Bunn, Stephanie Phillips, Zac Thompson, Steve Orlando, Jamie McKelvie, Jerry Ordway and Aaron Douglas, with art from Leila Leiz, Don Kramer, Szymon Kudranski, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt, Gordon Purcell and Cliff Richards, with cover conceived and executed by David Mack. This benefit book celebrates the central and critical role that comic shops have always played in fostering a love of the medium among fans – many of whom have gone on to become creators in their own right, said Pruett. It might be a drop in the bucket, but its a hell of a drop in the bucket. These are heartfelt stories, crafted by creators with deep, lasting connections to the comic shops of yesterday, today and, we have no doubt, tomorrow.

Post 17 IP   flag post
601298 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?