Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

That Book looks to be in outstandingly clean condition for it age........

It sure does. I am always looking for Dennis the Menace Giants in nice condition and they are almost impossible to find, especially the white covers. I try to collect these in the sharpest possible condition, strive for F/VF but accept VG+ if the book is clean and has nice eye appeal. I still need a lot of the Christmas Giants, those seem to be the hardest to find for me.

Here is a typical example of what you can find on eBay right now listed as G/VG...

...this copy is listed right now for "Buy it Now" option at $46.80 plus shipping!! Too expensive and it looks awful!
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
I've always been a fan of Silver Age Superman, the first super-hero comics I read as a kid. Picked this up today, April 1962 issue. It was graded as a Fine by the owner, I'd give it a solid 5.0 maybe more with a press.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=V5quOdHj&id=5E62B4CFB22B591DEDADECD2FB8FBA57AE02CE05&thid=OIP.V5quOdHjOe9h-ym9p7WnPAAAAA&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fcomics-x-aminer.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F09%2F050-DCC-JsLgDr-1-0-e1a08.gif%3Fresize%3D400%2C629&exph=629&expw=400&q=justice+league+dark+futures+end&simid=608025845530430712&ck=86445EA964DC52619378182C77DE87F1&selectedindex=23&qpvt=justice+league+dark+futures+end&adlt=off&shtp=GetUrl&shid=2b77e0ac-b2ac-4ec8-8216-58b2ff06275e&shtk=UHJldmlldzogSnVzdGljZSBMZWFndWUgRGFyazogRnV0dXJlcyBFbmQgIzE%3D&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIGNvbWljcy14LWFtaW5lci5jb20%3D&shhk=NFpzlfOUj4bs8muzaYUMIkr%2B90MIAQvm%2BWzlZ3boVYI%3D&form=EX0023&shth=OSH.nu43Ob6fCxn9aSD9ogtyMg

Rather unique Zatanna cover, added several copies today
Post 203 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Two more X-Factor CPVs to go for the run. #6 from Doug Sulipa.

Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. I'm CatCovers, and I have a Fiction House problem.

A Jumbo, Planet-sized Fiction House problem.

The slabbed Planet comes from @poka. The others from various places.
Post 205 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:

That Book looks to be in outstandingly clean condition for it age........

It sure does. I am always looking for Dennis the Menace Giants in nice condition and they are almost impossible to find, especially the white covers. I try to collect these in the sharpest possible condition, strive for F/VF but accept VG+ if the book is clean and has nice eye appeal. I still need a lot of the Christmas Giants, those seem to be the hardest to find for me.

Here is a typical example of what you can find on eBay right now listed as G/VG...

...this copy is listed right now for "Buy it Now" option at $46.80 plus shipping!! Too expensive and it looks awful!

I did a double take just to make sure it was the same issue It is amazing how night & Day a book can be in when seen in higher grade. I have a similar problem finding higher grade DC War comics
Post 206 IP   flag post
@CatCovers Boy Sheena means business! Nice looking books you have there!
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 You have to respect a woman who kicks that much butt and can maintain shampoo commercial hair while living in the jungle.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 209 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Catch up time...over the last few weeks I have picked up these...

And then I actually had, and sold all these...going to try selling more on the forum again soon tho...

I think that's it for now..
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today, July 16th.

The Comic Mint exclusive cover:

Dark Nights: Death Metal #1

Post 211 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
[EDIT: Deathnote Black is no longer part of my collection. I was asked to keep this up since it is a low-risk key people should look into. It's a long story.]

Post 212 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today after my first visit to a shop since March and one of the few times I've been out of the house in recent months. I was tempted to buy the whole stack of venom's but decided not to be a jerk.

Post 213 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

First virus cover is technically venom 25 greg horn variant...

Post 214 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte oh I'm aware, but the one I got is the poor man's cover . I suppose one GH cover would be better than a stack of the #26 though.
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Incoming Pulp, from 1937
Post 216 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Picked these up today after my first visit to a shop since March and one of the few times I've been out of the house in recent months. I was tempted to buy the whole stack of venom's but decided not to be a jerk.

LOL! I did the exact same thing!🤣
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user

Two 363s to go with my 361.
Post 218 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
@BigRedOne1944 I totally relate to what you just said. My experiences are not comic related, but had an impact that me getting the comics I want (again) have become an extra slow process. All because some sellers would show a nice stock image, or none, and not send me what they were showing.

It's also why I am a bit iffy about using MCS at this stage of me getting any remaining comics I need. Double with what you said about mis-wraps. That is just... Ugh.

Well I got the books from MCS, and I have to say ....... "Ugh!" probably the most disappointing order I have ever received from them. I guess I knew going in that buying books sight unseen is always a risk.

All of the books were listed as VFN, so maybe expectations were higher as MCS usually grades a grade down or so.

Book #1

Although Im not too keen on mis-wrapped covers, this one is at least straight and some what more tolerable...... at least until I can find another one. The book is certainly VFN or better.

Book #2

was extremely disappointed with this one. The ugly mis-wrap alone was enough to make me want to throw this one in the trash, but the edge wear along with some surface blemishes is not want I have become accustom to for the VFN grade from MCS.

Book #3

The Order wasn't a Total loss. This Beauty was a real keeper! Nicely centered cover and the book is super clean. I believe a NM range book.

Book#4

Very Similar to Issue #31 above. Very Clean book and the mis-wrap cover is minimal and at least straight. I try to tolerate it, but I will eventually replace the book with centered one. The book is certainly VFN or better.

Book#5

While Im much more tolerant on the centering not showing any white the book had more edge and corner wear than im use to seeing on a VFN book from MCS.

Book #6

I can't dispute the book is a nice clean VFN or better, But I simply can not allow this mis-wrap cover in my collection.

Obviously I knew going in I would be taking a chance on getting the dreaded Mis-wraps. Sometimes you win and some times you lose. Unfortunately I lost on this order with only one real keeper book. The others will be listed in my HipComic Store once I find suitable upgrades.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
just placed the order for these - maybe a week or so before they are in hand!
love these 25 anniversary covers, need to check my list but I'm getting down to only a handful to complete them all -Care Bears and Muppet Babies will be pricey unless I can find them in the wild from someone who doesn't know what they are

Post 220 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Yes the 25th Anniversary books are pretty cool. I believe I do have some of them myself. Do you have a master list for what books they ran in? Or was it pretty much all of the titles?

Here are a few I have:

Guess I had more than I thought
Post 221 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics there are two auctions for CBCS 9.8 copies of CB7 and MB10 on the Bay right now for what it's worth.
Post 222 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@KatKomics Yes the 25th Anniversary books are pretty cool. I believe I do have some of them myself. Do you have a master list for what books they ran in? Or was it pretty much all of the titles?

This is kind of a huge list of the anniversary books.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=16790851
Post 223 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Very nice, I don't own a single 25 anniversary cover LOL!
Post 224 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

This is kind of a huge list of the anniversary books.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=16790851

Nice! I didn't know MCS placed enough importance on them to have their own listing.

Somebody just bought a Transformer #22 from my hipcomic store. was it You? The book was super Nice! probably should have had it graded. Its actually the book I showed above in my other post
Post 225 IP   flag post
Just checked my list - looks like it is only Muppet Babies and Care Bears that I need to have them all!!!

Yes @Studley_Dudley - watching both of those!

Sorry @BigRedOne1944 not me

This batch I got from Doug Sulipa - took a bit of searching on his archaic site but they were there

I had maybe 6 or 8 from when I was a kid and was slowly picking up the other covers (and better copies) at conventions, but since that was a before times activity I figured I'll just order them on-line - not as much fun doing it that way....
Post 226 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I had no idea that the Muppet Babies and Care Bears books were so expensive I will keep an eye out for them.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Wow I had no idea that the Muppet Babies and Care Bears books were so expensive I will keep an eye out for them.

it's those damned 'Star' comics -were for kids so not many out there and even fewer in decent shape.

Ewoks can get up there and you don't see Heathcliff that often, but Muppet Babies and Care Bears are on another level!
Post 228 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

it's those damned 'Star' comics -were for kids so not many out there and even fewer in decent shape.

Ewoks can get up there and you don't see Heathcliff that often, but Muppet Babies and Care Bears are on another level!

I don't know how much you are looking to spend but there is a copy of the Muppet Babies 10 on Amazon right now for $29.99
Post 229 IP   flag post
@KatKomics It is a cool run of books to have. Challenging, yet achievable. It looks like you will get there. It would be neat to see them all together. Good Luck on those last few.
Post 230 IP   flag post
601453 999 30