Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte good catch!! Yes, they were supposed to quit abbreviating signature.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottde64
My latest acquisition. Got it last week.

A 9.4 1945 comic book!?!? Holy crud! AWESOME!!
Post 127 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

@naftixe should get a discount on his next submission for "poor quality control"

=)
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally joined the 300 club....last book for me for a while...
Post 129 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today by way of @Mountie73 and his 14 year old son. Transaction was as smooth as silk, books came in as advertised and well packaged. Below is a link to their Hipcomic.com store.

https://www.hipcomic.com/store/marvelous-comics

Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived today! 💀

Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Got these in today by way of https://forum.cbcscomics.com/profile/Mountie73 and his 14 year old son. Transaction was as smooth as silk, books came in as advertised and well packaged. Below is a link to their Hipcomic.com store.

https://www.hipcomic.com/store/marvelous-comics

That emma frost book has gotten decently popular
Post 132 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town, that would be a bonus, I just picked items that I thought looked cool that I normally wouldn't buy and found these gems. I like my choices and thanks for the tip sir, I appreciate it.
Post 133 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Girly Pulp from 1939

lol,Someone please help me understand the monkey and what it's doing?

You guys are reading WAY to much into this................... It's obvious the Monkey is simply trying to pop her cherry
Post 134 IP   flag post
CONAN CALL! Ive been on a roll finding some more super nice Conan Books

Its always against my better judgement to buy books without seeing them, but I took a chance on a few Conan Issues from MyComicShop. I will post when I get them.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
These just arrived today. I like the new slabs quite a bit. They feel sturdier but still have the slim design.

Post 136 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
CONAN CALL! Ive been on a roll finding some more super nice Conan Books

Its always against my better judgement to buy books without seeing them, but I took a chance on a few Conan Issues from MyComicShop. I will post when I get them.

So RAW, so PURDY!
Post 137 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
BigRedOne1944, I also just took a chance on buying some comics from MyComicShop with NO scans...I hope they arrive looking as sharp as your copies.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
BigRedOne1944, I also just took a chance on buying some comics from MyComicShop with NO scans...I hope they arrive looking as sharp as your copies.
must have gotten them from ebay I am guessing? Odd they wouldn't have scans....My experience over eight years with MCS is they tend to undergrade as much as a full grade on the books I get...I have had two sets of books from them I felt were exceptions, out of hundreds.
I hope you weren't buying their books off ebay though, they are much cheaper if you buy directly from their site if possible...(fees and all that I guess)
Post 139 IP   flag post
I didn't just purchase mine from eBay, why did you just assume that? Actually I purchased directly from the MCS site. Whenever a picture is not available you never know what you are getting, just a grade posted does not mean your copy will be NM. But, like you said, MCS tends to under grade which is a good thing.

But, not always the case...I recently purchased a sight unseen comic from them marked as NM, but when it arrived it had a dented corner and hideous spine crease! I returned it with no problems. Other times I have ordered copies in VF and they arrive looking NM/M!!
Post 140 IP   flag post
Ive never once ever seen a book for sale from MCS on their site with no image..so it made me wonder how you got one? I do know that if they have multiple copies of the same comic for sale, there is some rule or whatever I believe from ebay where only the first listing can use a unique photo and the rest have to be stock photos or something like that..so you can get a comic from them off ebay sometimes that has no image except a stock photo if that makes sense.
that's what directly led to the assumption it was an ebay listing of theirs...never seen them list comics for sale with no images off their direct site.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Ive never once ever seen a book for sale from MCS on their site with no image..so it made me wonder how you got one? I do know that if they have multiple copies of the same comic for sale, there is some rule or whatever I believe from ebay where only the first listing can use a unique photo and the rest have to be stock photos or something like that..so you can get a comic from them off ebay sometimes that has no image except a stock photo if that makes sense.
that's what directly led to the assumption it was an ebay listing of theirs...never seen them list comics for sale with no images off their direct site.

MANY comics on the MCS site do not have individual scans, especially moderns. There seems to be several different criteria that will get a comic scanned, but it's usually books that are over $20 in value from what I've seen. And that is just a general observation on my part. I have not studied it. Otherwise, they just use a stock image and give grades. I'm fairly sure that is what @brysb meant by his original statement ... that there wasn't an individual scan of that comic.

Quote:
Post 142 IP   flag post
ah I see..I must have never bought anything that fell in the lower price bracket to not generate images. I do remember now the moderns they sell aren't unique images, but I seldom if ever buy new books so I hadn't given that much thought.
Makes good sense, thanks for explaining Jesse.

Well I hope the comics come the way he hoped or better...ive bought from them 7-8 years and only gotten books twice out of the auction that I felt were badly graded enough to be worth noting. Both times were groupings or lots of silver age books sold within the auction however
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
My recent submission grades are in from CBCS. Super excited by the outcome on both. The Caliber presents was not pressed as only defect I saw was a color rub and that's what she got dinged for.

Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Been chasing this one for a while. eBay seller offered a deal I could pass up. Hoping to press and resubmit for the new case from CBCS. I have others to post but just can’t find the time.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Thanks to ebay bucks, I got my copy of the Aftershock benefit comic today.

Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today, July 10th

The Comic Mint
Joker 80th - Artgerm set.

Post 147 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

local comic store pick up today, the dark knight from frank miller collection, how cool is that
Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Not really “new”, but newly graded. It arrived a few days behind schedule, I’m assuming due to COVID.

Anyway, this was a raw purchase at a local Con a year or two back. The seller claimed a 5.5 & I had it figured for a 4.5. Had it press screened and it was accepted.

I’m fine with the end result. And I completely forgot I purchased the custom label.

Not a bad start to rebuilding my ASM 1-20 run.

Post 149 IP   flag post
this came in today, bought it from @tonnage71, great packaging and great customer service.

Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:

@brysb The two Conan Books I posted were individual buys from Trusted Ebay Sellers.

I have Not received the 6 Conan books from MyComicShop yet. Ive had fairly good luck with them. The main issue I have with buying without photos is that I am unable to see if the books are Mis-Wraps, which I hate and would not buy them. We'll see..... Best of luck with your order.
Post 151 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I totally relate to what you just said. My experiences are not comic related, but had an impact that me getting the comics I want (again) have become an extra slow process. All because some sellers would show a nice stock image, or none, and not send me what they were showing.

It's also why I am a bit iffy about using MCS at this stage of me getting any remaining comics I need. Double with what you said about mis-wraps. That is just... Ugh.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up another copy as these are getting trickier to find and price is jumping.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got done playing sailor and got some cheap pick ups at the store.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I was bored today so I went to my LCS for about 3 hours and thumbed through about 4500 comic books (15 long boxes). Here's what I ended up getting...

Post 155 IP   flag post
600794 999 30