CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
For what should be a rather mediocre book for the most part, its scoring on GPA
9.2 378
9.0 455
8.5 318

Even at 6.0 its a 160 dollar conversation....The best guess is either the good girl art cover, or the fact that aqualad becomes aquamans partner this issue?

"Cover pencils by Jay Scott Pike. Ad for Green Lantern #65 and Brave & Bold 81. 1st appearance of Dolphin in The Fantasy at 14 Fathoms!, script and art by Jay Scott Pike; US Navy frogmen cut into a sunken WWII Navy ship to retrieve documents from a vault; And spot a white-haired girl(!) at the sea bottom; When she's brought aboard, she turns blue from suffocation--because she has gills; With regular dips in the ocean, she falls for Chris and learns some English. Ad for Ideal's Captain Action, Action Boy, and Dr. Evil toys, art by Kurt Schaffenberger. Ad for 80-Page Giant Superman #212. The Kid from Atlantis!, script by Robert Bernstein, art by Ramona Fradon; Aquaman helps Aqualad, a rejected child from Atlantis, to overcome his fear of fish; Aquaman adopts Aqualad as his sidekick. Article on "What's In a Fanzine." Ad for Captain Action #2, art by Gil Kane. 36 pgs. $0.12. Cover price $0"

synopsis courtesy of MCS....
Post 51 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
is there something going on with that showcase 79? I have a beautiful copy in my collection, never even looked into it, maybe I should

Something seems to be going on. I noticed a couple months ago that it's selling for as much as the Solomon Grundy SA first in Showcase 55. Not sure why.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
is there something going on with that showcase 79? I have a beautiful copy in my collection, never even looked into it, maybe I should

Something seems to be going on. I noticed a couple months ago that it's selling for as much as the Solomon Grundy SA first in Showcase 55. Not sure why.
which is such an undervalued book. I think when people start waking up to the golden age characters, their silver age appearances should follow suite
Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some stuff that arrived in the last week and a couple of shop pickups.

Two CPVs

Two UKPVs

Someone posted this in one of the cover contests and the cover just stuck with me, so I found it today.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL!
Some NEWSSTAND GOODNESS!!!🔥🔥

Post 55 IP   flag post

LCS HAUL!!!
So I went hunting at my LCS and to my surprise it was BOGO!!!🔥🔥🔥 So I got all of these and two short boxes for $32!🤑

Post 56 IP   flag post

Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Personal grail arrived today..

Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000

Nice! And the mask is still inside! Mine didn’t come with it☹️
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000

Nice! And the mask is still inside! Mine didn’t come with it☹️

Sorry to hear that....I was going to go raw, but didn't want to gamble on things being partially attached...held out for a blue label, took a while to find the right one with everything intact at a high grade and right price. Really happy with it.
Post 60 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just arrived today, June 29th.

Batman the Smile Killer #1
DC Black Label

As much as I do not like the fact they handled their Vertigo label before getting rid of it, titles like this is something I would like to see more of.

Plus the game you asked about will be submitted to Wata. I am just holding off on that so I can focus on getting Street Fighter III: Third Impact first. It's a long story...
Post 61 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this , 1st appearance of James Rhodes also always wanted John Byrne signature but didn’t want to pay the current prices so I got this for less than I would’ve paid for his signature alone.Boo Yaa!

Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Batfan77 private msg quote post Address this user

just got these 2, couldn't pass up the batgirl cover and I actually scored both silver foil Negan books from my local store, but only one is mine. Took care of a friend with the other one.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today, July 3rd.

Kickstarter Backed Comic:

Post 64 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
It took awhile to find a quality copy, but I finally landed this beauty!

Post 65 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Two more Conan books I can mark off of my List

Im still on the hunt for the following High grade Conan the Barbarian Books.

28 31 32 35 38 43 44 46 49 50 58 61 63 65 67 69 78 (Any help is much appreciated!)
Post 66 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a key issue that nobody here will care about. Compliments of NewKadia.com. And as they say... The second part tends to be more liked than the first!

In this case it is an upgrade of what I used to have. And is also a key issue that fans of Vertigo should look into.

Post 67 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Instant_Subtitles I care! Great score!!!!
Post 68 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in the mail today! I’d been waiting for a big She-Hulk collection like this for a while. I paid a little more for it than I’d like for a book this size but I didn’t want to wait and risk it going out print and only costing more later on

Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Instant_Subtitles I care! Great score!!!!

Thanks! I was partially joking about nobody caring. Especially since this issue is the first series (second issue; with Vertigo Previews #1 being the first) to use the Vertigo banner. Plus it is the first Sandman tie-in, first appearance of Death (as Didi), and it is Chris Bachalo's second regular run as a comic artist. (The first was "Shade, The Changing Man".)

Plus seeing what type of service they offered I also ended up ordering two more key issues from them. So I am hoping to find more of what I want from them in the long run.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve wanted one of these for a while. The earliest comic book adaptation of ‘The Invisible Man’ I’ve been able to find, April of 1955.

It’s only in Good, or G/VG condition, but I didn’t pay much for it after using my e-bay bucks. I’d love to upgrade it eventually, but it’s just a cool oddity.

Post 71 IP   flag post
This finally arrived from Comic Connect after a one month wait.

Lost out on an auction for a 9.6 File Copy (2nd Print) & grabbed this first Print to ease the pain.

Post 72 IP   flag post
Just won this at auction. The Emerald City Comic-Con exclusive variant for Lady Killer #1.

I now have all 3 covers for this book!

I’d seen people promote it as having a print run of only 500 copies. This isn’t noted in the description on MyComicShop, or other retailers, so I wrote it off as speculation. But today I was able to find an article on Comic Book Resources that seems to confirm the limited run.

clickable text

In any case, I’m happy to have it. This will most likely be included in my next submission.

Post 73 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I just got on the Comic Mint site 14 minutes after the Lee, Last Ronin went on sale. ‘Twas sold out in every shape and form, 😔.
Post 74 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

The last 2 covers I wanted by Peach, the stuff was sold out under 5 minutes. Someone said it was sold out in under 2 minutes. I had signed in to PayPal and was refreshing the second it started and still couldnt get the remarked books.

Competition at comic mint is fierce for sure.
Post 75 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It was my fault I kind of forgot. The dog has been flipping out over fireworks. He crushed a nail last night and bled all over, at 1:50 he opened it back up lunging at the tv. Bastard comic blocked me.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Hopefully your dog is okay.

I hate these fireworks and I know pets hate them even more.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
Found this beauty locally.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm I like your taste in books 👍
Post 80 IP   flag post
601216 999 30