Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

upgrading my gsx1 7.5 to a beautiful 9.2

That is a serious upgrade on that book. Congratulations! Is the 7.5 going up on the block?
Post 651 IP   flag post
More Sgt Rock. Still having troubles finding higher grade books, Even into the Seventies

Post 652 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I have about 700 in the 7.5, just sold it today for 2500. Paid 3600 for the 9.2. I figured 1100 for 4 grade bumps, why not
Post 653 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 means business. Nice move...
Post 654 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Batman66 means business. Nice move...

Indeed he does. Can't blame a person for making that move.
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 656 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy either my phone or the forum was being wonky, wouldn't post my image. I guess we can't delete our own posts?
Post 657 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

AWESOME, love it
Post 658 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
With an assist from @Scifinator, I was able to make a trade with @Bronte - a super guy to deal with (both are actually). So my goodies arrived yesterday (hopefully his package arrives today) and here's what I received.

And a surprise bonus:

Thanks, Mark!
Post 659 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these from Ed.

Genuinely nice person to deal with. Packed well. Even threw in bonus books. Can't ask for more.

Post 660 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
After playing the new Avengers game, I thought Iā€™d check out the Kamala Kahn Ms. Marvel series. The omnibus just arrived.

Post 661 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from my LCS last week.

This isn't new to my collection but I wanted to share this beautiful Dave Cockrum cover.

Post 662 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 663 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
All of the Books with a sticker came in a Mystery Box.
The Lone Rangers I got from my LCS.

Post 664 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
finished the BATMAN #251!! went from 1.8-2.0 to 3+ I think

Post 665 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Got a date with a stripper.

Not the prettiest, but signed by the recently departed Joe Sinnott and completes my 48/49/50 trilogy.

Post 666 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing special but picked it up for a reasonable price

Post 667 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got a first appearance of Maverick. That guy was cool in '93. No clue what's happened to the character since about '96.

Post 668 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this up.. Safely Slabbed (so no surprises) and reasonably priced..

Post 669 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 670 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
MCS graded this as 7.5

shrug

Post 671 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan I think it's a great book, I still need Jim 114, 1st absorbing man, cool character
Post 672 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Thank you I sold my 114 many years ago long before I had any idea about CBCS/CGC slabbing and c&p etc DUH!!!!!!!!!

It was a lower grade mind you

Post 673 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 674 IP   flag post
@Bronte Seriously nice especially with those sigs šŸ‘
Post 675 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan

Thank you. I just got the book back from getting those signatures. Surprisingly the book was one I purchased from LCS back in the day....
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector JinxedCat private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up these two a few days ago. Thinking they could probably use a good press and clean. Going to have to look into that, not too familiar with that process. Even as they are, I'm happy with them in my collection.

I had forgotten this was being released, so I didn't request one at my LCBS. Owner of my LCBS remembered I like Junji Ito and ordered one for me. I love my store.

Post 677 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I got this off Ebay and it's the first time I've had the new CBCS slab in hand. It's better than you can imagine. I've acquired several comics in the newest CGC cases recently that still have newton rings and have inner wells that move within the slab. I also like the new label. I'm going to try to avoid CGC like the plague from now on.

Post 678 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I got this off Ebay and it's the first time I've had the new CBCS slab in hand. It's better than you can imagine. I've acquired several comics in the newest CGC cases recently that still have newton rings and have inner wells that move within the slab. I also like the new label. I'm going to try to avoid CGC like the plague from now on.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone so pm @flanders if you feel. Who is Virus? I think I know but I don't know the Spidey stories well. I could be way off.
Post 679 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I have absolutely no idea who virus is. I definitely have some reading to catch up on.
Post 680 IP   flag post
598100 999 30