Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 501 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The pony express arrived late tonight. Although I shouldn't really say that since this book arrived after 4 or 5 days. I got this from @Starlord and I believe he had it mailed at 9 am the next day. The whole purchase was a good experience especially since I haven't purchased a PC slab since early march. The book arrived in an over sized box with a Weiner dog on it, Dachshund for the pc, that will be re used for sure advertising Rocket Dog Comics.

Post 502 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
This was a really nice surprise! I'm going through my collection, reorganizing things. Somehow, years ago I managed to miss this issue when I was adding my books to CLZ. An extra bonus is the nice condition! So because I missed it, I'm counting this as "new" to my collection

Post 503 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I love finding stuff in my collection that I didn't know or forgot I have. It's like finding money
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't been checking in much on here...just got this though..
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I love it when that happens. The app I use gives price updates and I'll see something that shoots up and then see I have it listed and didn't even realize I had it.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@OGJackster I love finding stuff in my collection that I didn't know or forgot I have. It's like finding money

I have about 15 boxes of lightly organized stuff with little value, all of it more than 35 years old now. I really enjoy being able to go through that treasure hunt every few years looking for something that has popped in value. Just waiting to hear about that value pop from Zot! or Jon Sable or American Flagg or Captain Atom or Animal Man or The Badger or Justice League Europe or John Byrnes Superman reboot..etc..etc, lol.
Post 507 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

The details on that cover really do a great job of summarizing a story in one picture.
Seems to be a Werewolf theme heating up in posts 502 and 503.
Post 508 IP   flag post
@Enelson It's on my want list
Post 509 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Same here, I have 1 1/2 crates of stuff I've set aside now for future slabbing.
Post 510 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Courtesy of @the420bandito Thank you! Received safe and sound and packaged well!

Post 511 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Courtesy of @the420bandito Thank you! Received safe and sound and packaged well!

That is a sexy piece of real estate right there!
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 513 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer

thats Looks funny, it's like beating each other with a pool noodle ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 514 IP   flag post
@Maritimer I remember buying that as a kid. I love the black and white checkers at the top. Fun memories!
Post 515 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@Maritimer I remember buying that as a kid. I love the black and white checkers at the top. Fun memories!

@OGJackster, I bought this one as a kid also. Sold most of my silver age Superman comics many years ago but am slowly reacquiring them a few at a time.
Post 516 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in from @DWeeb1967 today.

Thank you for the fast turn around and the great packaging.

Post 517 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these books in from the La Muerta: Retaliation #1 Kickstarter:

Premier Edition

Homage edition

Jewel Edition

Metatico Edition

Holo Foil Edition (Yellow color due to scanning)

Post 518 IP   flag post
More of the same:

Chase Edition - Blue

Original Art Edition

Jaguar Edition

Criminal Edition

Victorian Edition

Post 519 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

@OGJackster, I bought this one as a kid also. Sold most of my silver age Superman comics many years ago but am slowly reacquiring them a few at a time.

What's your Superman collection like today?
Post 520 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's your Superman collection like today?

Silver Age = about a dozen books
Bronze Age = 233-243
Annual 11 1985 CPV
Superman 423 and Action 583 Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
Byrne Superman and Adventures of Superman and Action Comics from 1986 to early 90's
Bunch of 1980's mini-series and some DC Comics Presents

I've got runs from the early 2000's to Present day although I took a pass on the New 52.

I enjoyed Superman Rebirth by Peter Tomasi but don't care for the Bendis stuff at all, just buying out of habit now.
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

Looking forward to reading this. Read a synopsis on key collector and it sounds great!
Post 522 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of these were ordered online and arrived this week, but the bulk are ones I picked up this morning at the LCS.

Post 523 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL!!!

Post 524 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
3 years looking for a (roughly) VF or above condition of this book. I've never seen a high grade, not sure if I can recall seeing a mid-grade, and even LOW grades rarely show up.

So to get this finally after all these years is a charm.
I'll say 1000000 times until I'm blue in the face - High grade Charlton #1's (and I'm sure others) are so darn difficult to find in a decent grade.

Love this show when I was a kid.

Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Awesome! Agree 100%. Thatโ€™s why my Underdog #1 (9.0, white pages) is such a treasure. Not because itโ€™s particularly expensive, but because itโ€™s damn hard to find in high grade. I continue to search for an upgrade, but Iโ€™m not holding my breath.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker my wife would love if I brought home those Ewoks books!
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069
@daywalker my wife would love if I brought home those Ewoks books!

Make me an offer and Iโ€™ll send you a set!๐Ÿ˜
Post 528 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
MAIL CALL!!!

oooooohhhh, Usagi...
Post 529 IP   flag post
I had my eye on an Ice Cream Man #1 second print for a month. CGC 9.8 on the bay. I was being kind of cheap and wouldn't pay it. I made an offer and guy countered 10 more than I still wanted to pay, ( yes I was being cheap). Needless to say every graded copy of Ice Cream Man 1 disappeared. I chose to go the alternative route and trust the bay with raw books. This time I wasn't disappointed, I got this lot for the price of the slab mentioned.
Post 530 IP   flag post
597874 999 30